Honeymoon in Thailand - Experience, advice, and suggestions from those who have been

BigTomJ

Wassup guys,

Wedding is in a little under 5 weeks and the fiancé and I are planning on Thailand for our honeymoon.

She wants to spend at least a portion of the trip in Phuket/Krabi for the beach and relaxation, and i want to spend at least part of the trip in changmai for some more of the site seeing and cultural stuff, we will probably spend at least a night or two in bangkok as well.

Thinking about 2 weeks.

Im interested to hear whatever advice or recommendations you guys have. Even if you havent been, but have heard about.

Thanks guys

Bangkok is a pretty wild city but well worth spending at least a couple days. Just cruising around and being a tourist seeing the sites is pretty fun. If you would like some custom clothing made, Bangkok is a good spot for it. I definitely experience the most scammers and people trying to get my money in Bangkok but it wasn't too terrible. Just use basic common sense and you'll be fine. Bangkok did not seem dangerous to me at all.

I've not been to Phuket or Krabi but other places in the area. It's hard to go wrong in that part of Thailand. If you're into more socializing and partying then go where there 's more establishments. If you want more solitude there are plenty of smaller Islands and beaches that are more mellow. If it's just slightly harder to get to and slightly less known about it will be very mellow. There are lots of spots in that general area. Wherever you stay in the southwest, it's hard to go wrong. I would highly suggest taking some boat tours. You can go snorkeling and check out secluded Islands. You can go out on a night boat tour and swim in the bioluminescent water. It sounded kind of cheesy but was honestly one of the coolest things I did there.

I've not been to Chiang Mai but I've only heard great things about it.

Thailand is incredible! IMO If you want to fully experience the place, forget about trying to stick a strict dietary regimen. The food there is absolutely incredible. I wanted to try everything and I did. No regrets there.

I don't speak Thai but if I go to a country I at least learn how to say please. thank you, hello, a few polite phrases like that. Thai people are super friendly and I always got a great response that I at least tried to say a few polite things in their language.

I've been thinking about going back ever since that one trip! Amazing country!

Also, if you're into combat sports, thai kickboxing is common there. You can go to fights of anything from total amateur to professional. Pretty fun to see up close if you're into that.

Also, if you're into combat sports, thai kickboxing is common there. You can go to fights of anything from total amateur to professional. Pretty fun to see up close if you're into that.
id love to go to an authentic thai fight while there, but might be a hard sell with the fiance.
Ill definitely keep it in mind and pitch it to her.

The rest youve said is a lot of what i hear over and over.

food is amazing, people are nice, cant go wrong with any of the beaches or islands, bangkok isnt as sketch as the hangover movie makes it seem.

I fully expect to come back fat, because if its one thing ive learned about myself from my travels and deployments, its that i am a food tourist for sure.
I want to try fucking everything

I've bn to all 3 places. Phuket is "expensive" compared to the others. Very nice! Water is warm like bath water. A bit more spread out.
Chiang mai is not a party place. Very history based culture. We met a ladyboy there. Bought her dinner ($5) and she was our tour guide for the day. Was pretty cool.
Bangkok is like NY city as in its people on top of ppl. Very crowded and smelly.

Get used to the dirty bathrooms. They refer to the nice ones as "European bathrooms". Still no toilet paper usually. You'll grow to love the bathroom sprayer.

Get massages everyday! Ave $10. Ask the lady ahead of time if a hand job is OK because they will offer. It's about the price of the massage. Get the right girl and she will offer to take care of your lady too.

Have fun!!!!

I've bn to all 3 places. Phuket is "expensive" compared to the others. Very nice! Water is warm like bath water. A bit more spread out.
thats what weve heard
Chiang mai is not a party place. Very history based culture. We met a ladyboy there. Bought her dinner ($5) and she was our tour guide for the day. Was pretty cool.
We are very much not party/club people, we specifically want to experience the culture and the sites. so thats perfect.

Bangkok is like NY city as in its people on top of ppl. Very crowded and smelly.

Get used to the dirty bathrooms. They refer to the nice ones as "European bathrooms". Still no toilet paper usually. You'll grow to love the bathroom sprayer.
ill shit in a hole in the ground (and have), I imagine ill have to bring some TP in my pack for the lady. shes no prissy chick, but shes no marine either.

Get massages everyday! Ave $10. Ask the lady ahead of time if a hand job is OK because they will offer. It's about the price of the massage. Get the right girl and she will offer to take care of your lady too.
a 10$ mashy handy from a little old thai lady isnt on my bucket list.
But ill keep an open mind lmao.

Now if we are talking a proper thai deep tissue massage for 10$ im all ears