How to raise A1C quickly !?

y777

Hi guys

Technically I’ve got an old T2D diagnosis , which qualifies me for the GLP-1 prescriptions.

I’ve been taking insulin (Lantus and rapid acting ) plus metformin for some time.

Went to a new pcp and said I wanna switch to a GLP-1 from Metformin because I have “side effects” w metformin.

Dude is now saying that because my a1c is under control I am not indicated for a GLP-1 prescription (for which insurance would pay for ) and he wants me to quit metformin and just come in a month and do a1c blood test.

But I’m still taking insulin.

Moron. Insurance and medical establishment view SWITCHING Treatments because of sides as totally different than switching because treatments don’t work. But it was like I’m talking to a rock.

So, realistically , can I just quit everything , insulin included and just spike this a1c? I know it’s supposed to be a 3month average of your bloods but it’s weighted towards the latter period ?

I do take 4 IUs of growth daily , maybe I should bump this to six , and spread it out thru the day ?

My a1c is at 5.0 now , but that was while on 1000 extended release metformin plus 30 Lantus and 50-70 IUs of rapid insulin thru the day. At the time of the test I was only running 150 mg test (brought it down to TRT level cuz I was doing test bloods also ) plus 500 of primo. I’ve since added 500 of tren and 500 of mast p also. Not sure if tren will help keep a1c high or lower it , without insulin?

I think I’d need to let this a1c float back up to 6.5, again not sure if this can happen in a month or but maybe it’s possible with pulling out all insulin , upping growth and eating high carbs (which I’ve been doing as it helps w the tren cycle )

Thanks for any advice and opinions.

ps. I’ve used tirz before to drop a bunch of weight but it was Chinese tirz and not pharma. Now that I’m maintenance and bulk I just wanna replace metformin with tirz or sema

Can you just go to a different doc? Mine is pretty liberal.

My doc prescribed me ozempic and wegovy for my A1C just being in the prediabetic range. I also got prescribed metformin. It’s all covered by insurance.

I don’t even use the semaglutide injections because I can’t eat enough when I use them. I have a bunch of boxes of wegovy just sitting in the fridge. I think I’ll just cancel the prescription next time I go in.

The metformin is great though.

I wouldn’t play around with your blood sugar levels. Different docs can be more liberal with things.

Can you just go to a different doc? Mine is pretty liberal.

My doc prescribed me ozempic and wegovy for my A1C just being in the prediabetic range. I also got prescribed metformin. It’s all covered by insurance.

I don’t even use the semaglutide injections because I can’t eat enough when I use them. I have a bunch of boxes of wegovy just sitting in the fridge. I think I’ll just cancel the prescription next time I go in.

The metformin is great though.

I wouldn’t play around with your blood sugar levels. Different docs can be more liberal with things.

Thanks. I’m on an HMO managed plan now , unfort.

But maybe I can get a cash pay telehealth doc to rx me something. I think I may need to “try” to use truelicity or victoza first. But my preference would be same (MJ is not covered at all unless you can’t take the other three )

Thanks. I’m on an HMO managed plan now , unfort.

But maybe I can get a cash pay telehealth doc to rx me something. I think I may need to “try” to use truelicity or victoza first. But my preference would be same (MJ is not covered at all unless you can’t take the other three )

You can also make sure you don’t fast before they pull bloods for your test.

I know everytime they test my A1C they ask me to be fasted for like 8-12 hours I think. So if you were going to mess around and spike your blood sugar, that’s probably your window.

If you're a1c is in check, what is it that makes your doctor a moron?

It’s in check *with* metformin AND insulin therapy.

If I want to switch drugs out then the criteria isn’t the same as if I am not on any.

It’s like being 125/60 blood pressure but I want to get off Telmisartan and onto something else. And the doc is telling me my BP is normal and no BP medicine and if I don’t want Telmisartan I can just eff off and stop taking it and come back to the office when BP is 150+ That’s highly irresponsible

What if ur on antidepressants and wanted to switch and this doc says well ur not showing symptoms of depression so either keep taking what ur on , and suffer the sides , or get off it , get depressed again , and THen we will prescribe the new antidepressant med that you’re seeking.

So your doctor is a moron because he won't prescribe you a GLP? According to you he believes you can manage your diabetes without metformin. So what is the problem?

So from what I’m reading here you have a good A1C but side effects to the meds and he wants the A1C up again before he switches you and insurance covers it?

Bullocks, find a new doc

Check your insurance criteria by getting a copy of the pre authorization form. It will all be laid out there. My ins co did not ask for an A1c on the form. I have a history of morbid obesity and am t2, so my doc said I qualify, even though my A1c hovers around 5.0 plus or minus 0.2 with normal BMI now. Post meal blood sugar with no meds can go over 300 however. Obv abnormal and still diabetic. If your doc is the barrier, you know what to do.

Thats not how hba1c works.
You would think that but try it first before you prejudge. I’ve had friends that were borderline and then did it and it worked. It’s a lot easier to screw with your blood tests than you think. There’s a reason why they expect you to be fasting before you do a bloood test.

You would think that but try it first before you prejudge. I’ve had friends that were borderline and then did it and it worked. It’s a lot easier to screw with your blood tests than you think. There’s a reason why they expect you to be fasting before you do a bloood test.
It will not affect the hba1c with just one meal of 5 milk shakes. I think you are talking about fasted blood glucose which is not the hba1c the thread opener meant.