IGF-1 level and HGH replacement

zmurphy

TLDR: At what level of IGF-1 would you consider adding in a replacement dose of HGH?

I'm almost 40 with a public safety job. I'm beat up. I've been thinking about adding in an HRT dose of 2iu GH to my 150mg TRT. But my last 2 IGF-1's have been 223 and 254 which are towards the top of the reference range. I've seen that a "good" respond to GH is 100ng/ml per 1iu, which is about where I sit naturally. So is there anything to be gained by adding 2-3iu GH? I have no body building aspirations, just the fittest dad at my kids soccer games.

TLDR: At what level of IGF-1 would you consider adding in a replacement dose of HGH?

I'm almost 40 with a public safety job. I'm beat up. I've been thinking about adding in an HRT dose of 2iu GH to my 150mg TRT. But my last 2 IGF-1's have been 223 and 254 which are towards the top of the reference range. I've seen that a "good" respond to GH is 100ng/ml per 1iu, which is about where I sit naturally. So is there anything to be gained by adding 2-3iu GH? I have no body building aspirations, just the fittest dad at my kids soccer games.

You’ve got great natural levels. I’m a little younger than you and mine are lower. Unless you’re a hyper responder you’re going to need 3iu to even notice anything would be my guess. If you’re a poor responder you could be looking at even more. Only way to find out really would be to try it and test and see where you’re at after 6 weeks.