IGF-1 level and HGH replacement

zmurphy

TLDR: At what level of IGF-1 would you consider adding in a replacement dose of HGH?

I'm almost 40 with a public safety job. I'm beat up. I've been thinking about adding in an HRT dose of 2iu GH to my 150mg TRT. But my last 2 IGF-1's have been 223 and 254 which are towards the top of the reference range. I've seen that a "good" respond to GH is 100ng/ml per 1iu, which is about where I sit naturally. So is there anything to be gained by adding 2-3iu GH? I have no body building aspirations, just the fittest dad at my kids soccer games.

TLDR: At what level of IGF-1 would you consider adding in a replacement dose of HGH?

I'm almost 40 with a public safety job. I'm beat up. I've been thinking about adding in an HRT dose of 2iu GH to my 150mg TRT. But my last 2 IGF-1's have been 223 and 254 which are towards the top of the reference range. I've seen that a "good" respond to GH is 100ng/ml per 1iu, which is about where I sit naturally. So is there anything to be gained by adding 2-3iu GH? I have no body building aspirations, just the fittest dad at my kids soccer games.

You’ve got great natural levels. I’m a little younger than you and mine are lower. Unless you’re a hyper responder you’re going to need 3iu to even notice anything would be my guess. If you’re a poor responder you could be looking at even more. Only way to find out really would be to try it and test and see where you’re at after 6 weeks.

my personal opinion is that it costs you nothing to try takes gh at 2iu for 4-6 week and does another blood test.

if your IGF-1 has risen to 400 and you feel good, it may be interesting to continue and adjust the dosage according to your objectives.

but above all come back and tell us the result, it interests me personally.