I’m just an amateur wellness competitor 20 weeks out (female prep log)

What side effects does it have? Particularly for women?
The normal sides for any anabolic so that’s thickening of vocal chords (deepening of voice), enlarged clit (sometimes people report that as a temporary that goes away once you’re off), thickening of the jaw line, hair loss, acne. A lot of people say you can’t virulize on var or primo but it’s simply not true. It’s about duration and dose. And the honest truth is everyone’s body is different. Some people won’t be affected with the most aggressive cycles and some will have virulization with baby doses. At a certain point it’s a risk you have to take and monitor closely, if femininity is important to said person, which it is to me.

I know women use primo. I’m very aware of that.

Viralization is the biggest side effect that women need to be concerned with are you fucking stupid?

Please don’t give women any more ped advice before you hurt someone.

“Primo has virtually no side effects for women” gtfoh lmao
I appreciate your stance for women’s health. There’s a lot of misguided advice being thrown around by women’s partners and coaches. It’s always good to be safe rather than sorry. It’s incredibly sad to see women using primo when they don’t know how to train or eat. It happens a lot.

I don’t see anything wrong with what @nightprowler7 wrote. I think it’s just a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
If I posed for figure, you’d understand why I think it’s overdeveloped. Keep in mind this is me squeezing my scaps together and hiding as much back as possible, but maybe I am hyper vigilant!

Prepping myself was definitely hard, but I learned so much! I do communicate with my coach and this week I am going to express concerns about prioritizing more delts & quads. Calves is another area I work on 3x but it’s a lot better than it was a year ago haha!!

My quad training includes: leg extensions, quad focused hack (usually I like cybex hack banded down NOT reverse banded with low foot placement), quad focused leg press, db split squats, sissy squats (body weight to failure), then calves. I think there’s room for more frequency in my split. I’m open to feedback anyone might have.

They absolutely do have monstrous quads! I’m definitely a back side dominant growth person if that makes sense. Thank you for the feedback & compliments. It’s nice to know the hard work is paying off.
Just wanted to make sure you were keeping him / her in the loop with the changes you’re making.
What are your rep schemes like?
I personally only train quads once a week (also a main focus for me for the stage) but the intensity is incredibly high, so for me adding more frequency isn’t the solution just yet. It just depends on how hard you’re going that 1 day of the week.
The normal sides for any anabolic so that’s thickening of vocal chords (deepening of voice), enlarged clit (sometimes people report that as a temporary that goes away once you’re off), thickening of the jaw line, hair loss, acne. A lot of people say you can’t virulize on var or primo but it’s simply not true. It’s about duration and dose. And the honest truth is everyone’s body is different. Some people won’t be affected with the most aggressive cycles and some will have virulization with baby doses. At a certain point it’s a risk you have to take and monitor closely, if femininity is important to said person, which it is to me.
I believe he was being facetious to drive a point home.
I appreciate your stance for women’s health. There’s a lot of misguided advice being thrown around by women’s partners and coaches. It’s always good to be safe rather than sorry. It’s incredibly sad to see women using primo when they don’t know how to train or eat. It happens a lot.

I don’t see anything wrong with what @nightprowler7 wrote. I think it’s just a misunderstanding.
Fair enough, it’s your log I’ll back off. I just think it’s incredibly dangerous to spread that kind of misinformation, as you stated above there are lots of side effects associated with using primo. Telling women that there are virtually no side effects could potentially cause someone harm, this is a harm reduction formum.

The questions were rhetorical.

Just wanted to make sure you were keeping him / her in the loop with the changes you’re making.
What are your rep schemes like?
I personally only train quads once a week (also a main focus for me for the stage) but the intensity is incredibly high, so for me adding more frequency isn’t the solution just yet. It just depends on how hard you’re going that 1 day of the week.

I believe he was being facetious to drive a point home.

Fair enough, it’s your log I’ll back off. I just think it’s incredibly dangerous to spread that kind of misinformation, as you stated above there are lots of side effects associated with using primo. Telling women that there are virtually no side effects could potentially cause someone harm, this is a harm reduction formum.

Progressive overload with a top set and a backdown. Obviously working up to that top set but really going to failure on that top set. Rep ranges vary based on movement. I’m really not taking anything under 8 reps. Ex: yesterday on cybex hack top set was 2 plates and a 25 per side 12 reps, could do 15 but form broke down. Back down was 2 for 20. I train with very high intensity as well. I am a Dante follower and like JP and Corrine in the UK. My coach gave me a cookie cutter training program with 20 reps for each set with rest pauses until I get there lol. I told him when we started working together that wasn’t going to work. I’d be in the gym for 5 hours and dead lol. He trusts my judgement and just asks for videos now and then to see intensity and execution.

I think the honest assessment is I just need more time for quad development. I have very long legs and the back is my kill shot, but the front is lagging behind.

Well if he was facetious then he can bug off because that’s totally unacceptable. You’re right! Even putting that idea out there is very dangerous!!

Progressive overload with a top set and a backdown. Obviously working up to that top set but really going to failure on that top set. Rep ranges vary based on movement. I’m really not taking anything under 8 reps. Ex: yesterday on cybex hack top set was 2 plates and a 25 per side 12 reps, could do 15 but form broke down. Back down was 2 for 20. I train with very high intensity as well. I am a Dante follower and like JP and Corrine in the UK. My coach gave me a cookie cutter training program with 20 reps for each set with rest pauses until I get there lol. I told him when we started working together that wasn’t going to work. I’d be in the gym for 5 hours and dead lol. He trusts my judgement and just asks for videos now and then to see intensity and execution.
This is why I think it’s important to do your homework on your coach to make sure you’re a good Fit.

My training style is very similar, I’m a big fan of Dante and JP as well. I do the two top set method, and if I were looking for a new coach who believed that volume was the driving factor for hypertrophy I would not hire them. If they gave me some dumb cookie cutter high volume program, I would move on and find a better coach.

The fact that you’re in here looking for advice on your training when you are actively working with a coach while in prep should tell you all you need to know.

I trust my coach and I don’t ask other people for advice because it’s not helpful to have multiple people telling you different things at once and pulling you in different directions. You need to be confident in what you’re doing so that you stick to what you’re doing. Not flip flop around based on what random people tell you on a steroid forum. (Most people here are honestly pretty stupid when it comes to diet, training, and peds but yet love to give people bad advice. As show above.)

If I had clients who were out seeking information actively I would tell them we probably aren’t a good fit, because they probably aren’t following the plan and clearly there is no trust. A client coach relationship is based on trust. As a client if I felt the need to seek out information elsewhere I would hire a better coach.

I am not trying to come across as abrasive at all and I can see how I might but that is my best advice given your current situation.

This is why I think it’s important to do your homework on your coach to make sure you’re a good Fit.

My training style is very similar, I’m a big fan of Dante and JP as well. I do the two top set method, and if I were looking for a new coach who believed that volume was the driving factor for hypertrophy I would not hire them. If they gave me some dumb cookie cutter high volume program, I would move on and find a better coach.

The fact that you’re in here looking for advice on your training when you are actively working with a coach while in prep should tell you all you need to know.

I trust my coach and I don’t ask other people for advice because it’s not helpful to have multiple people telling you different things at once and pulling you in different directions. You need to be confident in what you’re doing so that you stick to what you’re doing. Not flip flop around based on what random people tell you on a steroid forum. (Most people here are honestly pretty stupid when it comes to diet, training, and peds but yet love to give people bad advice. As show above.)

If I had clients who were out seeking information actively I would tell them we probably aren’t a good fit, because they probably aren’t following the plan and clearly there is no trust. A client coach relationship is based on trust. As a client if I felt the need to seek out information elsewhere I would hire a better coach.

I am not trying to come across as abrasive at all and I can see how I might but that is my best advice given your current situation.
Abrasive is based on intention, thank you for clarifying your intentions. I do trust my coach and do exactly as he says. I am not “seeking” advice to undermine the plan but I am of the belief, if intelligent, you should never stop learning. How do you learn? Asking, reading, testing. My coach and I have been working together for a year and a half. I hired a coach in the first place to execute and not think. It was hard to be subjective while coaching myself.

I’m content with the dynamic we share right now. I think he originally assumed I trained as any other female would, and after seeing my execution and intensity he was receptive to how I wanted to train.

At the end of the day, respect has to be shared mutually with coach and athlete. Keep in mind I didn’t start this thread to seek advice or feedback, I started it to share a prep log. If people want to share feedback, I will politely read and respond, but that’s just me.

Last edited:
Abrasive is based on intention, thank you for clarifying your intentions. I do trust my coach and do exactly as he says. I am not “seeking” advice to undermine the plan but I am of the belief, if intelligent, you should never stop learning. How do you learn? Asking, reading, testing. My coach and I have been working together for a year and a half. I hired a coach in the first place to execute and not think. It was hard to be subjective while coaching myself.

I’m content with the dynamic we share right now. I think he originally assumed I trained as any other female would, and after seeing my execution and intensity he was receptive to how I wanted to train.

At the end of the day, respect has to be shared mutually with coach and athlete. Keep in mind I didn’t start this thread to seek advice or feedback, I started it to share a prep log. If people want to share feedback, I will politely read and respond, but that’s just me.
Forsure, my main point was just that if you’re not vibing with the way your coach programs and you don’t believe in high volume training, it’s probably better to find a coach who’s process aligns more with your thoughts and who may be more up to date with the literate of high intensity training vs volume training for hypertrophy.

19 Weeks Out Update:

Sharing some updates since my last post. In my most recent check-ins we dropped food a little. Previously we had calories a little higher on leg days and slightly less on upper/rest days. Now we are on one meal plan throughout the week, 6 meals daily.

Total kcal intake is 2,823kcal
209P 322C 76F

And to be honest, I am quite hungry with all that food (what I consider to be a lot lol). Compared to my last prep, this is a great starting point to pull food.

Average weight last week was 185.5 with the lowest reading 183.4, this week 184.1 with the lowest reading 182.

Cardio was increased from 30 mins daily with average heart rate 130-145. This week we added 30 mins total, 6 days 35mins and 1 day at 30 mins maintaining AHR as before. My coach asked for cardio to be done fasted or broken up 1/2 fasted and 1/2 post workout.

So far, things are moving in the right direction. A few days into increasing the cardio and pulling the food I hit 178 on the scale. The look hasn't changed much visually (minor, water coming off, etc.), but that's to be expected this far out with one week difference. In light of how slow visual changed may come, I won't be posting check-in pictures with every update. I will be posting changes to supplementation and other biofeedback & biomarkers.

Training: same split as before.
Posing: 2X week for 15-30 mins

Supplementation:
250 Metformin EOD
1500 Berberine
2IU GH before bed

**20mcg of Clen** (New addition)

In for the follow. I wish there were more of these types of logs.

You look great and cant wait to see where you land come showtime.

i like the addition of clen for female competitors before touching steroids. It has slight anabolic effects/anticatabolic effect which should help you to progress.
As a female, i would go the hgh + insulin and clen route before touching steroids.

May I ask how that cycle design looked like - have you taken the 5mg all at once in the morning or were you somehow able to split the dose in 2 times a day at 2.5mg?
It would be great if 5 could be broken down into 2.5, I just don’t think it’s accurate even with the best scales. It was my first cycle ever. 10 weeks, 5mg pre-workout. Ideally that dose would be am and preworkout or am and before bed, but if I’m honest, at such tiny amounts, it’s not feasible.

I saw great results on that small amount and for the duration of the cycle.

i like the addition of clen for female competitors before touching steroids. It has slight anabolic effects/anticatabolic effect which should help you to progress.
As a female, i would go the hgh + insulin and clen route before touching steroids.
Low risk, high reward! Just watched a podcast with John Jewett discussing this

Sorry for the delay, I was pretty sick the past week.

18 Weeks Out Update:
My menstrual cycle was about to start so we decided no changes until the inflammation passed. The low of 178 just before the 18-week check-in was the deciding factor for holding off.

Cardio and training remained the same. Weight average was 181.8

Supplementation:
250 Metformin EOD
1500 Berberine
2IU GH before bed
20mcg Clen

17 Weeks Out Update:
We upped the Clen to 20mcg in AM before or with meal 1 and 20 with meal 3 or 4 (strictly preference). There were some good improvements this week at first. It's very hard to be subjective looking at yourself, but it is easier to do with measurements and skin pinching, etc.

Toward the end of this week I got very sick with some kind of virus. It left me with a dizziness spell from a migraine and turned into a fever. I was forced to take 3 days off training and 1 day from cardio. The other 2 days I was able to complete LISS with approval from my coach. We did a supplemental check-in and to both my coach's surprise and mine, no inflammation and tighter than the week before. We still have a long way to go, but it's always fun when some progress can be appreciated.

We decided to push intensity on cardio even more. Right now cardio is still 35mins for 6 sessions and 30mins for 1 session, but AHR is now 140-145 instead of 130-145.

Scale weight is averaging 184.6 with lows in 181. At some point the scale is just a tool to be used and not the only biomarker for progress. My body is visually improving even with residual GI inflammation from being sick. I have a very sensitive gut. When sick, the first thing that happens is bloating. When we think about the immune response and the number of immune cells in our gut, it's no wonder there's that physiological response.

Previously I sent out gear to be tested. It came back as test cyp. I found a new supplier, tested the gear once more and at the tail end of this week, I got the results back from Janoshik labs. Verified quantity and quality Primo E :D. This will be my first cycle with Primo and we wanted to be 100% SURE it was what it should be. Maintaining my femininity is extremely important to me.

Supplementation:
250 Metformin EOD
1500 Berberine
2IU GH before bed
**40mcg Clen split in two doses **
**25mg Primo E total split into 2 doses T/R (189mg/mL Primo E stock; if it was 100mg/mL I would microinject 3-times instead of 2, but the volume is so small at the higher concentration it is nearly impossible to be accurate).**

**indicating change

2iu HGH is basically an hrt dose.... I wouldn't even use it.

All these insulin sensitizers have little sense when you are on a calorie deficit.

Training as wellness you are supposed to train gluts 3 times a week together with the rest of legs. One day back. Then one day shoulders, some arms. Then once you figured out what you lack more you change your split.

Look at Francielle Mattos....

My gf used:
100-200 PrimoE
5iu HGH (half a vial of generics)
50 T4
This all year long, up to 4w out.

Then 20mg Winny daily from 4w out (some switch to Var but she didn't trust it, often faked)
Remove HGH 2w out
Start clen at 20mcg from 8w out and taper up to 60 and keep it.

Sponsors