• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

I'm Quitting Kratom After A Year Straight!!!! Fuckin Sucks!!!!

Im sorry for going slightly offtopic but whats kratoms use in training or general?

I saw enhanced athlete using it and thought its similar to weed, just there for making you recover better and ease pain or so, never wouldve thought it makes you addicted?
It just relieves pain similar to opium-based pain pills. Something you want to keep around for end-of-the-world sort of stuff like getting shot, using a tourniquet and masking the pain but not something you want to use post workout.

Bro anything can get addicting if you allow yourself to physically rely on it. Hell, I've even had a time where I couldn't even get out of bed without smoking a joint years ago. I am still an advocate for Kratom, and firmly believe that it has it's time and place if used responsibly. I just font know how to use anything responsibly because I'm an addict and go to the extreme. That's why I'm quitting kratom. But to answer your question...its great for anxiety, give a good clean energy, has amazing pain relieving qualities...it can even help with opiate and heroin withdrawal, etc. look it up. It's not for addicts though. Not at all

@nervje

This may sound hella stupid right now,
But can it be used just to get the experience of withdrawal from addiction?
Since here its said it takes a few days (around a week) of withdrawal.

I just never really understand addicts and it may sound stupid but somehow, when i look at videos/interviews of former addicts talking about it (i recommend phil anselmos talk about his heroin/meth addiction and coming off) i just..kind of want to know what theyve been throufh.
Like i said it sounda stupid but all the suffering must be something that really gives you a lesson for life.

Id just want to kinda..experience what it is like..just something i been thinking about when i saw people talking about coming off drugs etc.."man i cant imagine what this must be like.."

I just never really understand addicts and it may sound stupid but somehow, when i look at videos/interviews of former addicts talking about it (i recommend phil anselmos talk about his heroin/meth addiction and coming off) i just..kind of want to know what theyve been throufh.
Like i said it sounda stupid but all the suffering must be something that really gives you a lesson for life.

Id just want to kinda..experience what it is like..just something i been thinking about when i saw people talking about coming off drugs etc.."man i cant imagine what this must be like.."
Bro I've withdrawn from every kind of drug there is...and I mean full blown puking,shitting, sweating, depressed withdrawals. It's pure hell bro. The videos you see are true as it gets. I don't wish it on anyone. What you do is your business...but I say just enjoy the fact that you've never experienced that living hell.

And just so you know @nervje, experiencing kratom withdrawals will get you nowhere near the true experience of withdrawing from hard core narcotics and synthetic narcotics. No comparison bro

Regarding Kratom as a PED. If you're wired like a dope fiend, yeah, your DOC is always gonna make you go harder. I think with opiates there's probably a little numbing that lets you push harder, but mainly I think it's just the fact that being high makes you euphoric, which puts you in a super positive mindset. It's just like being "in the zone".

HOWEVER, that's for a dopefiend like me! A normal persons brain chemistry would probably be worse off working out high. Drugs affect people differently. For example I hear of guys working out on adderall but that would never work for me.

Yeah it's a morphine alkaloid high. The dope I got for the past 3 years has been all fent, no actual heroin. The heroin/morphine high is totally different than pharma opiate highs in my opinion.

I think you’re talking about the difference between opiates (morphine, codeine) and semi-synthetic opioids (heroin, oxycodone) vs fully synthetic opioids (fentanyl, methadone) not pharmaceutical vs street. The drugs that come from the poppy, especially if it’s derived from morphine will give you a glow like a star in your gut is spreading sunshine all over while fentanyl is more sedating, much less euphoric, it feels more like a benzo. Only reason to misuse it is when your tolerance is too high to feel anything from anything else. It’s quite effective at killing pain tho.

maybe I'm just being nostalgic but morphine/heroin felt more recreational. Fent just feels like it's hitting receptors.

I am currently weaning off Kratom. I tried the whole cold turkey, FUCK THAT!... shit was horrible. Really bad nights sweats, Bad body aches. the shits and the shakes. It is no where near as bad as opiates but definitely not a walk in the fucking park. That is why I decided to slowly get off the shit. I was taking 15-20 grams a day. Im now doing 4 in the AM and 4 in the evening before bed.

Scary stuff man. I bought a kilo of kratom like 8 different strains just in case it was made illegal. That's like 18 pounds lol. I've only used it a few times over the past year. Cant really get into it, I guess I'm lucky I don't have an addictive personality.
Also have 42 loritab pills, never have an urge to use them. Need them for end of the world pain meds.
Also have pounds and pounds of poppy heads. Again never use it. End of the world pain management.
Best bet bro is just get the F off this stuff. You'll need it for end of the world brother.
oh my fuck

take 12-20mg Xanax a day for a year straight then quit cold turkey, you'll need to go to a hospital and take residence in the heart unit for about 3 weeks then the next year and a half you'll feel like the kid you saw in the special ed classes in school that just can't quite walk/think/talk straight.

If you haven't experienced addiction man be grateful

And @Jrock83 hows it coming?

What's up guys. So know a lot of you guys have talked about Kratom use. I've been on this shit(Kratom) for a year straight...all day every day, and it's just time for me to lay it down. I'm not gaining like I should on it because it suppresses my appetite, my wife hates it, I'm starting to rely and depend on it for happiness...and I'm just done. I am a recovering IV drug user...meth to be exact, so anything I do, I do balls to the wall. I've got almost 3 years clean from alcohol, weed, and narcotics, and now I'm quitting Kratom. Today is day 2 for me being Kratom free, and it's tough. I'm tired, runny nose, watery eyes, anxiety, cravings, the works. I've been through worse, and I know it will pass, but I was just wondering if any of you guys have had the same type of come downs while coming off of Kratom?
16 days of misery then you start to recover. 16 was my number but your mileage may vary. Just buckle up and hold on

Regarding Kratom as a PED. If you're wired like a dope fiend, yeah, your DOC is always gonna make you go harder. I think with opiates there's probably a little numbing that lets you push harder, but mainly I think it's just the fact that being high makes you euphoric, which puts you in a super positive mindset. It's just like being "in the zone".

HOWEVER, that's for a dopefiend like me! A normal persons brain chemistry would probably be worse off working out high. Drugs affect people differently. For example I hear of guys working out on adderall but that would never work for me.
I like to smoke weed before the gym but I'd never use other drugs before working out

I was up to around 20g per day, got a couple of coworkers to try it out. I was told one guy was putting two heaping teaspoons of kratom everytime. I weighed out 2 heaping teaspoons, came to 22.5 grams. I know the guy, and have seen him put kratom in his coffee. There is no doubt he has used that much at a time at least once. I had a couple kilos in my office file cabinet, he asked a few times to get some when i kicked the habit, theres literally none left in there. Then this fool is going to text me a couple weeks ago and ask if I had any at home i could bring him. Lmao, sorry bud. Cant afford your habits and mine too.

Anyways, i had to taper it down to 4-5g total a day over the course of a month and quit on a friday afternoon so i had the weekend to suffer through. CBD and THC helped out quite a bit, but it definately sucked ass. The next week wasnt the greatest, but nowhere that it could have been. I saved some white borneo to use during my pct, but made me really nauseous when i took it the other day, probably not going to use it anymore.

Hang in there buddy. Stay strong.

oh my fuck

take 12-20mg Xanax a day for a year straight then quit cold turkey, you'll need to go to a hospital and take residence in the heart unit for about 3 weeks then the next year and a half you'll feel like the kid you saw in the special ed classes in school that just can't quite walk/think/talk straight.

If you haven't experienced addiction man be grateful

And @Jrock83 hows it coming?
I'm on day 6 brother. The physical withdrawals have lifted, but unfortunately, the mental fog that I was dreading has set in pretty hard. You know when you depend on something for so long as your strength, energy, happiness, peace, and everything else, and then you all of a sudden have to rely on yourself...your body and mind are like, "fuck this"! I'm hoping this phase passes soon. I have a company to run, and it's getting tough. But I've already come this far...do I'm digging my heels in and standing my ground. Thanks for asking

Do you mean tablespoons? I may be wrong but I think my teaspoons were 5 grams each??

Let's be honest though this stuff is amazing for injuries. If you've ever pulled a muscle bodybuilding this stuff is an absolute godsend. It'll get you through the pain and doesn't constipate you nearly as bad as oxy.

Also bought a kilo of Soma from China and that stuff is Fantastic for an over the counter muscle relaxer. Probably should have picked up several kilos considering how cheap it was and again might need it for end of the world supplies. Tastes pretty bitter though so I might end up capping it.

I am currently weaning off Kratom. I tried the whole cold turkey, FUCK THAT!... shit was horrible. Really bad nights sweats, Bad body aches. the shits and the shakes. It is no where near as bad as opiates but definitely not a walk in the fucking park. That is why I decided to slowly get off the shit. I was taking 15-20 grams a day. Im now doing 4 in the AM and 4 in the evening before bed.
Yeah bro I feel you. I've just gotten to the point to where I'm done and I know it...so took a single dose for a few days and then dropped it. I had all of the withdrawals you are speaking of, but the guys on here were super supportive and I'm thankful. For someone like me...an addict...if I tried to wean myself off then I would just stay in the weaning off phase forever lol. I would never come off lol. I had to do cold Turkey. There was a time when I had been shooting meth, heroin, and occasionally cocaine for like a year and a half...and I came off cold Turkey from all of that at the same time. Kicking This shit is like kittens licking my cheek compared to that lol.

Do you mean tablespoons? I may be wrong but I think my teaspoons were 5 grams each??

Let's be honest though this stuff is amazing for injuries. If you've ever pulled a muscle bodybuilding this stuff is an absolute godsend. It'll get you through the pain and doesn't constipate you nearly as bad as oxy.

Also bought a kilo of Soma from China and that stuff is Fantastic for an over the counter muscle relaxer. Probably should have picked up several kilos considering how cheap it was and again might need it for end of the world supplies. Tastes pretty bitter though so I might end up capping it.
I agree. Kratom is very useful in so many ways, and is great for injuries. Like I've said before, I am an advocate for Kratom use, and believe it has it's time and place. Unfortunately for me, I do not know how to do anything in moderation.

I'm on day 6 brother. The physical withdrawals have lifted, but unfortunately, the mental fog that I was dreading has set in pretty hard. You know when you depend on something for so long as your strength, energy, happiness, peace, and everything else, and then you all of a sudden have to rely on yourself...your body and mind are like, "fuck this"! I'm hoping this phase passes soon. I have a company to run, and it's getting tough. But I've already come this far...do I'm digging my heels in and standing my ground. Thanks for asking
Keep it going, whatever you do don't use anything "1 last time" because before you know it BOOM year goes by and you'll be back where you were 4 days ago thinking fuck I should have stuck it out

You'll return to normal state you know that

I take it your properly hydrated and eating well? That always helps my mental fog, most addicts don't think to force themselves to drink and eat though.