Injected bad gear?

It’s possible something else is wrong with that vial of gear like too much solvent, but I 100% guarantee it’s not because it’s two years old. The expiration date on medication is complete bullshit. There’s been studies on it. At most is loses some potency.

I never got PIP until one day I did and even had some redness near the site. It happens.

If you’re that concerned then trash it and order something new

Not true for all meds. Doxycycline, a common antibiotic, degrades into toxic liver destroying shit after a while, without any visible signs or oder.

So I'm a fucking idiot and decided to inject 2 year old gear cause it'd been stored well, cool dark place and in a brown vial, but now the pin site has swollen up 4 hours later. I routinely inject in the same pin sites with other gear with no issues, so I'm sure it's just cause it's gone bad.

What should I do going forward to minimise issues from this? I'm gonna draw some and see what it smells like when I get a chance, but assuming it was actually bad, what should I do next? Just try to manage the swelling? Or is there anything more serious I need to watch out for.

I've used Test that was 6 years old without issue but there's one detail you're not clear on. Was that a sealed vial, or had you used it? Once the rubber stopper is punctured, the medical standard is the vial should be used within 30 days or discarded. I wouldn't use one more than 4 months after first use. The problem is once contaminants enter the vial it's only a matter of time until it goes bad. I also wipe the top with an alcohol swab with every use to minimize the risk of contaminants entering the vial.

Last edited:
Whenever I see posts regarding injection PIP, I check to see what the steroid was and 99% of the time it's test enanthate. Not sure how long it's gonna take for people to learn that enanthate is a problem and finally discard it for cypionate or decanoate.

It's not user error or contamination. Enanthate decomposes into an irritant. The good old days of pharma level quality are gone and since the 2000s, underground enanthate is the biggest problem for PIP.