Insulin degrading during shipping?

Evom1

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on ordering Lantus internationally, especially during summer. I've always been under the impression it should be stored in the refrigerator but it seems many of the international sources ship it without ice packs or anything. My concern is that it would degrade being out of the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks while it's in trabsport, is that not the case?

It seems domestic insulin is 4-5x the cost of international so it would be really nice to get a better deal but not if it's going to be near useless once you get it.

I have ordered int and the pens I received definitely worked. That isn’t to say they can’t degrade but, my experience is irs been fine. Ordering during colder months seems reasonable.

You're overthinking it. It won't degrade, and if it does, it will be very minimal and unnoticeable. Do you think diabetics carry a mini fridge with them wherever they go? Just trying to make sure you don't try to "compensate for the loss of degradation" and overdo it.

The box says unopened should be store in fridge. Every insulin shipment I get they are in Insulation with cold packs.

I recently tried Lantus and Novorapid from Opti EU domestic shipping. Shipped Thursday and received Wednesday next week and it was hot almost 30*C all this time. Tried 50UI of Lantus morning and 10ui Novorapid before training with carbo and have sugar 57 after training so it's definitely working. Never tried Novorapid before but it seem that work stronger than Apidra.

I have ordered int and the pens I received definitely worked. That isn’t to say they can’t degrade but, my experience is irs been fine. Ordering during colder months seems reasonable.
Good to hear man, thanks for chiming in
You're overthinking it. It won't degrade, and if it does, it will be very minimal and unnoticeable. Do you think diabetics carry a mini fridge with them wherever they go? Just trying to make sure you don't try to "compensate for the loss of degradation" and overdo it.
Well no, but we're talking multiple weeks out of the refrigerator vs hours/a day

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on ordering Lantus internationally, especially during summer. I've always been under the impression it should be stored in the refrigerator but it seems many of the international sources ship it without ice packs or anything. My concern is that it would degrade being out of the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks while it's in trabsport, is that not the case?

It seems domestic insulin is 4-5x the cost of international so it would be really nice to get a better deal but not if it's going to be near useless once you get it.
Can you guys buy humility-r and -n over the counter without prescription?
Would be a good alternative if you want fresh stuff

Can you guys buy humility-r and -n over the counter without prescription?
Would be a good alternative if you want fresh stuff

I get insulin at a local pharmacy with no script. If you live near a Walmart, it's pretty cheap.

I've also ordered from overseas and no problems with efficacy or degradation.

Actually they do lol
I dated a type 1 diabetic for a while (needed insulin to live) and her pen went from the fridge into a mini cooler pack when we left the house. The pen never got warm. They sell the cooler packs at every CVS for when diabetics need to carry the insulin on them.