Investing

lowdose11

Where my investors at? Are y’all still buying crypto and stocks? What’s the best thing to invest in these times?

Honestly, you could buy just about anything and make a decent return right now. The market being down makes it a good time to buy, easy returns when it bounces back.

If you don't really own any stocks right now, I'd look at EFT's. Vanguard, SPY, etc. They're a good base to build on. When I first started trading I bought into a wide array of different stocks for various reasons that was akin to day trading. In hindsight, I wish I would have put the bulk of my money into established performers and avoided day trading type activities... there's a reason that so few can be successful at it.

Also, options may sound like a cool idea... spend your time doing mock puts/calls to see how you would have done before you actually try it. Quick way to lose money unless you're very advanced or just lucky.

Now is a really shit time to invest imo. Market is way to volatile.

If you want to trade whole other story. It’s been a day traders dream. Yet many technicals aren’t sticking. Things that should work don’t. Things that are supposed to drop go up. It is a very odd time. I do miss the good old trump markets.

Beginning of last year I went down 20k or so.thankfull made it back and more but I wouldn’t invest long term into anything but large cap/blue chips. I don’t have the money for it to be worth it at this moment. I like my 1-3% of growth on my on my account daily rather than over months. More risk involved obviously but that’s the game.

We’ll kind of. It’s a crazy market right now. I think we’re going to see a huge dip in the coming months. If you look at the spy yearly chart it’s due for a come down in the upcoming year or two.

Honestly, you could buy just about anything and make a decent return right now. The market being down makes it a good time to buy, easy returns when it bounces back.

If you don't really own any stocks right now, I'd look at EFT's. Vanguard, SPY, etc. They're a good base to build on. When I first started trading I bought into a wide array of different stocks for various reasons that was akin to day trading. In hindsight, I wish I would have put the bulk of my money into established performers and avoided day trading type activities... there's a reason that so few can be successful at it.

Also, options may sound like a cool idea... spend your time doing mock puts/calls to see how you would have done before you actually try it. Quick way to lose money unless you're very advanced or just lucky.
Also if you’re new don’t fucking touch options. Don’t go anywhere near them until you learn to day trade. That’s how I lost 80% of my account in a month. I’m just getting back into them after taking classes and studying for a year.

Join a discord group that teaches. It’s unbelievable what you can learn. PM me if you want some groups I’m apart of. Costs 15-35 a month depending which one you’re in and you can pay the guys making alerts 80 bucks or so for an hour of 1 on 1 class to ask whatever you want and get a recording of it.

Fantastic way to learn.

edit: another note on options… I was down 1000 on Thursday with these. Ended up going up 1000$ on Friday. These screen shots are all within an hour of each other. Look at the change in money. It moves fast. Need an iron stomach for it.

Attachments

• 38B72F27-13D1-40CE-9E46-465F08C715F1.png
    38B72F27-13D1-40CE-9E46-465F08C715F1.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 959D05B2-34F9-4654-A15F-B9EC86554CDA.png
    959D05B2-34F9-4654-A15F-B9EC86554CDA.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 8B93178F-1763-4858-95A7-366B391BCB2D.png
    8B93178F-1763-4858-95A7-366B391BCB2D.png
    345 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
How much money you got to invest and what is your age?

Out of all of my investments my advisors set me up for life with annuities. Those used to be considered very conservative investments, but I've made about $450K off of what I put in 10 years ago. That might not sound like a lot of money, but it has me at a million in less than 20 years total when I will probably start drawing on those funds, or not and just let them continue to grow until I'm I really need it.

Lincoln, Jackson, TransAmerica have made me more money than anything else I've done. No bullshit.

I wish like most that I would have bought $50K worth of bitcoin 5 years ago, that would have been nice, but the price is too high to make that kind of money.

Too many people are trying to make money on gimmicks and short trades. Now you got these NFT's that are total bullshit. Everyone is trying to get rich with no work, sadly that's not gonna happen except for the 0.01% conartist class.

Of course buying fixer uppers and doing all the work yourself and selling them, that can put a lot of money into your pocket fast and it's not a bad lifestyle as you have no boss and you're certain to recoup your money in a housing market that never seems to go down. It's not that difficult to replace the flooring, rip out and remodel a bathroom and kitchen and paint everything. My retired dad did this and was making sometimes $25K a month.

Make a stock simulator account over at investopedia.com

That's a really great way to learn everything from company valuation to order types even to options. Then set aside some amount of money that you can afford to lose and start investing. Best bet is to just buy low fee index funds and let them ride. Set aside X dollars or percent of your monthly pay and use it to buy more.

I would start out with opening a Roth IRA. Max that out, then look at getting a brokerage account if you still have money leftover to invest.

you got the insider scoop on his trading strat?
One word of advice if you want money in life look for more practical ways to make money.

I'm not talking about sitting in a classroom for 5 years to get a credential, but seriously look around for ways that you can add value to something and resale it.

Investing is great, but there are a shit ton of gurus that quite frankly either have a lot of money to put at risk, they're genius, or damn lucky.

Too many people want to make money with just a few clicks on a computer screen and I think more often than not that money is gonna disappear.

Helping to put together garage sales for people made my mom an extra $3000 a month. I'd help her load it all into a Uhaul and bring it back to her house, but she also has a three car garage. She busted her ass and put on really nice presentation. There are so many people(senior citizens heading to a nursing home) with so much stuff they don't use, but they don't want the hassle of going through all the work. I'm not saying you need to do this, but think outside of the box so you don't have to clock in at work and be someones bitch for 10hrs a day.

Did this guy have a trading strategy, good research or do you think it was more luck.
He’s very talented. He trades off technicals and charting.

I don’t think any luck was involved. Obviously you get lucky hitting a 100%+ runners but again knowing when to claim gains when to buy etc it isn’t luck. Imo if you make money in this market and are consistent it isn’t luck.

You don’t make money with luck and gambling consistently in the stock market. Knowing how to size and risk manage is extremely important.

Also it’s not like he was green everyday. I saw him go down 100k in a day before. A lot of them go down 10-50k a day but have a 50k week still.

you got the insider scoop on his trading strat?
I mean I’ve been trading since I was 19. I trade off technicals and charting also. My main insicator is 9, 20, 50 and 120 EMA lines. Really only need that.

I also like run up plays. Play the run ups on bio stocks for FDA news, stocks on earnings, sell on the way up and get out before the news come out. There is countless ways to trade.

I mean I’ve been trading since I was 19. I trade off technicals and charting also. My main insicator is 9, 20, 50 and 120 EMA lines. Really only need that.

I also like run up plays. Play the run ups on bio stocks for FDA news, stocks on earnings, sell on the way up and get out before the news come out. There is countless ways to trade.
The best traders in the world tend to have a lot of inside information and know how to predict something will happen through a chain of events.

Obviously there's a collection of Jewish investors that have a talent for seeing something that will happen or fail that seems far removed and perhaps something no one else would have thought about.

Even George Soros the scumbag, is a genius in this regard. It's almost otherworldly the ability to have mastered the butterfly effect where one thing leads to another and another that is a blind spot that is capitalized on.

MOST people don't have this sort of genius, they don't have that Bobby Fischer mind and so mere mortals should be careful when taking risks.

Here's my latest advice.

If you have a pile of cash and some free time, I recommend buying fixer uppers and flipping homes.

Stock market is gonna eat shit sooner or later.

If you keep your money in hand and work hard to make a profit by actually adding value to property it's a lot better than letting some prick play with your money and flush it down the drain.

My last financial report looked like shit. I lost over $50,000 on paper at least.

So I say rip those old homes apart, fix and flip. Rental prices are skyrocketing. I just finished up with a remodel over the past few weeks and I couldn't believe what this family was paying to rent what I thought was a shithole before I gutted their bathroom and kitchen and it's still a shithole that needs lots of work and they were paying $1600/month for one bath, tiny garage, lousy plumbing that gives off sewer gas. I felt sorry for the couple that had kids, I tried to tell them to leave that place and buy a nice RV since he has to move every few years and we have really nice RV parks with secluded parking and a lake to fish for $300/month hookup.

I think this country has to be heading towards a recession, prices climbing this fast with loads of people that can't keep up is bound to cause a collapse as more and more people withdraw and go without.

So I say invest in the physical, don't do anything with the stock market. We are reaching a point where our country is fragmented and at each others throats and that is ripe for disaster when the world wakes up and stops flooding our country with cheap goods and their saved wealth which does absolutely nothing for their countries other than a promise note from us that isn't gonna be paid by a future generation that is being sabotaged. This comes down to the bankers and if we aren't careful they'll get us into a war.

And what do you think, in your opinion, when will the recession come? How serious it will be or we have not seen this in our history.
I somehow feel like a house on wheels is not very comfortable. The house is more comfortable.

And what do you think, in your opinion, when will the recession come? How serious it will be or we have not seen this in our history.
I somehow feel like a house on wheels is not very comfortable. The house is more comfortable.
The recession will be here when we see massive layoffs due to consumers retracting hard in the face of obscene prices.

$240/ton fertilizer is now $1440/ton. That's just one example of what is happening now and what will be felt by consumers 6 months from now.

The recession will be here when we see massive layoffs due to consumers retracting hard in the face of obscene prices.

$240/ton fertilizer is now $1440/ton. That's just one example of what is happening now and what will be felt by consumers 6 months from now.
If we see mass layoffs now, with the level of inflation we've got, we will wind up in another great depression--not just a recession.