Investing

The best investment, I think, is real estate or buying a particular business; it depends on your pocket. Last summer, I was in Vancouver, Canada, with my family. It was an amazing trip, but the best part was when we visited Tofino. It's jewelry located on the West Coast. We had a great time together at restaurants in tofino. Hence I got a new goal in business. I would like to purchase one restaurant and move there to rule it. Does it sound promising? At least, my soul would be satisfied. Cheers!
Buying real estate is a good investment if you understand the nuances. As for owning a restaurant business, it seems to me that you need to know the specifics of the business very well in order for it to bring profit. Or look for a competent manager.

Restaurant would have a lot of overhead and costs that have to be passed along.

I've always thought the act of eating out as a complete waste of money and time. From fast food to fine dining, it's all bullshit.

Investing right now, forget it. If you have cash hold onto it because we're racing to the bottom and inflation keeps climbing.

Of course make money doing real work that leaves something tangible behind that people can use. Food just goes down your mouth, in your colon and flushed down the toilet 24hrs later.

Your best investment is to downsize your life, look for ways to skate by for free. Don't pay bills, don't buy anything, don't do shit to make someone else money, all this money is going into the hands of parasites charging top dollar to sit on their asses and exploit others.

We are living in a different time than at any other time I've seen in my almost 50 years in a transition to a different economy that will go through a lot of pain to get there. Everything is losing value, people will cut back and spend less, you'll be working harder for scraps if you chose to be a consumer.

Imo buy real estate in areas that have plenty of water and stable power grids. Rent them out and use a good prop Mgr. In 15 years when we see a mass population exodus from dryer areas that are prone to fires and running out of water and power as droughts cause dangerously low lake levels...if Lake Powell drops 32 more feet the. We will see 40 million homes and businesses without power...personally I've spoken with several hydrologists and environemtnal scientists thanks to my wonderful girlfriend and I wouldn't be surprised if this doesnt happen before 2030. It is already down over 150 feet and things are only speeding up with worsening droughtsand heat waves. Dam built in 1964...there is no safe way to lower the turbine tubes to keep it functioning... :(

So basically I expect Midwest and eastern real estate to skyrocket due to climate migration.

Imo buy real estate in areas that have plenty of water and stable power grids. Rent them out and use a good prop Mgr. In 15 years when we see a mass population exodus from dryer areas that are prone to fires and running out of water and power as droughts cause dangerously low lake levels...if Lake Powell drops 32 more feet the. We will see 40 million homes and businesses without power...personally I've spoken with several hydrologists and environemtnal scientists thanks to my wonderful girlfriend and I wouldn't be surprised if this doesnt happen before 2030. It is already down over 150 feet and things are only speeding up with worsening droughtsand heat waves. Dam built in 1964...there is no safe way to lower the turbine tubes to keep it functioning... :(

So basically I expect Midwest and eastern real estate to skyrocket due to climate migration.
My problem with real estate investing is that it is a passive form of investment that is mostly parasitic in nature.

When I quit my career in healthcare and decided to do remodeling jobs, I end up walking into a lot of rentals and have numerous clients that own many rentals homes and duplexes.

Without fail these renters are being gouged and ripped off. I don't like this, I don't think this is good for America to have all these people making money off the hard work of others having to pay 3 times more than what I think is fair.

Call me idealistic, but retirement is built on saving money and that is done by living on the cheap, spending far less than you make. You can't do this when you're paying far to much to keep a roof over your head.

We're also seeing the homeless problem accelerate thanks to landlords sky high rents.

I'd like to see instead of us spending money on wars and other bullshit, focus on building small energy efficient homes with passive heating and cooling. Homes built for one or two occupants. We can't sustain this model of boomers buying up rentals, having someone like me come in and fix them up and then charging thousands every month just for the privileged of not being homeless.

High housing costs, with no new homes being built and those that are built are priced extremely high. This spells a disaster for future generations.

I used to work with some old timers and they told me back in the 60's and 70's they had their homes paid off in less than 3 years out of college and they still lived in them all those years later. That's how they built up wealth. That opportunity isn't possible today, this could get real ugly when you have people in a situation supporting landlords living fat and I do mean fat as I used to work with one that was making $25K profit after bills every month off their rentals while they sat on their asses.

As for energy and resources. I hope the West doesn't pile into the midwest as that would ruin the good life we've been living. These people need to reduce their populations, stop having kids, stop bringing in immigrants. People need to put an end to this madness of infinite growth towards population density that makes people miserable. The entire purpose of the midwest is to spread out, the last thing you want is more assholes.

I agree with everything you said except no new homes being g built. We're actually building WAAAY too many new homes. As you said all of them are stupid fucking expensive. I am glad I am not a landlord anymore. It sucks. I made my money a am done with it now. People are just way too goddamn greedy.

In the end none if it will matter anyway. Food shortages and water shortages will hit everyone. Only the very tippy top will be fine.

I agree with everything you said except no new homes being g built. We're actually building WAAAY too many new homes. As you said all of them are stupid fucking expensive. I am glad I am not a landlord anymore. It sucks. I made my money a am done with it now. People are just way too goddamn greedy.

In the end none if it will matter anyway. Food shortages and water shortages will hit everyone. Only the very tippy top will be fine.
Homes are being built, but material costs are sky high.

Remodeling isn't so bad, but if you had to buy stacks of lumber you're screwed compared to what it was when I was in high school and could buy a sheet of high quality american made plywood for 1/10th of what it costs these days.

Greed has taken over, the problem is it will cause people to be preoccupied with money and I don't see this helping the mental state of this country. We're gonna be at each others throats competing.

I don't like where this is going, I think we're gonna see everyone as competition instead of fellow Americans and this will make it worse and worse as time goes on and the rich fucks that run this country polluting our minds with being overly concerned with climbing the ladder of success instead of enjoying our lives with family and friends.

The key to a decent life is to get rid of all this debt, because it's slavery. We need to wake up Americans to stop spending money they don't have, don't do anything unless you have the money and start looking for ways to get by without putting money into the hands of the parasite class that gobble up everything in sight. People gotta wake up, start thinking outside of the box, be creative, stop the conformity to a system that is making us miserable.

My problem with real estate investing is that it is a passive form of investment that is mostly parasitic in nature.

When I quit my career in healthcare and decided to do remodeling jobs, I end up walking into a lot of rentals and have numerous clients that own many rentals homes and duplexes.

Without fail these renters are being gouged and ripped off. I don't like this, I don't think this is good for America to have all these people making money off the hard work of others having to pay 3 times more than what I think is fair.

Call me idealistic, but retirement is built on saving money and that is done by living on the cheap, spending far less than you make. You can't do this when you're paying far to much to keep a roof over your head.

We're also seeing the homeless problem accelerate thanks to landlords sky high rents.

I'd like to see instead of us spending money on wars and other bullshit, focus on building small energy efficient homes with passive heating and cooling. Homes built for one or two occupants. We can't sustain this model of boomers buying up rentals, having someone like me come in and fix them up and then charging thousands every month just for the privileged of not being homeless.

High housing costs, with no new homes being built and those that are built are priced extremely high. This spells a disaster for future generations.

I used to work with some old timers and they told me back in the 60's and 70's they had their homes paid off in less than 3 years out of college and they still lived in them all those years later. That's how they built up wealth. That opportunity isn't possible today, this could get real ugly when you have people in a situation supporting landlords living fat and I do mean fat as I used to work with one that was making $25K profit after bills every month off their rentals while they sat on their asses.

As for energy and resources. I hope the West doesn't pile into the midwest as that would ruin the good life we've been living. These people need to reduce their populations, stop having kids, stop bringing in immigrants. People need to put an end to this madness of infinite growth towards population density that makes people miserable. The entire purpose of the midwest is to spread out, the last thing you want is more assholes.
You are allowed to invest your money & charge less rent as the landlord. It wouldn’t be smart investing to ask for less than what covers your mortgage and potential issues.

Nobody is stopping you from helping these people out with your own money.

How much money you got to invest and what is your age?

Out of all of my investments my advisors set me up for life with annuities. Those used to be considered very conservative investments, but I've made about $450K off of what I put in 10 years ago. That might not sound like a lot of money, but it has me at a million in less than 20 years total when I will probably start drawing on those funds, or not and just let them continue to grow until I'm I really need it.

Lincoln, Jackson, TransAmerica have made me more money than anything else I've done. No bullshit.

I wish like most that I would have bought $50K worth of bitcoin 5 years ago, that would have been nice, but the price is too high to make that kind of money.

Too many people are trying to make money on gimmicks and short trades. Now you got these NFT's that are total bullshit. Everyone is trying to get rich with no work, sadly that's not gonna happen except for the 0.01% conartist class.

Of course buying fixer uppers and doing all the work yourself and selling them, that can put a lot of money into your pocket fast and it's not a bad lifestyle as you have no boss and you're certain to recoup your money in a housing market that never seems to go down. It's not that difficult to replace the flooring, rip out and remodel a bathroom and kitchen and paint everything. My retired dad did this and was making sometimes $25K a month.
What's the best way to learn how to remodel a house ?

And how do I get involved in annuities.