Just how effective are orals?

ripper908

Blast and cruised on injectables only and never delved in the world of orals just because the risk to reward ratio from what I read didn't seem worth it

But after reading that recent thread about superdrol it made me wonder if I ever blast again if I should try some dbol or another oral

So experienced gear users, were orals worth running or did they just lead to temporary cosmetic/strength gains?

Orals have more sides. A lot will argue the damage it does to your kidneys and liver is not worth it. Which is valid.

It's good for fast acting and a boost. Can drop it off real fast. Then again, short esters can achieve the same goals. NPP, tren ace, Mast A, test P

Anadrol doesn't really touch my markers so I don't mind it, nor are my sides terrible.

Last edited:
If your body can handle them they are excellent additions. My 2go are drol, and pplex. When I was younger and powerlifting was the main goal it was drol, tbol and cheque drops/halo

Drugs are just tools. You either use them for a specific reason or just collect them IN CASE you need them. Orals have their uses but one doesn't need them to progresses

Nothing more useful for plateaus late in a cycle IMO. Far higher potential for immediate growth and the side effects to accompany them. Most guys are shoving orals that don’t ageee with them into plans too early and suffering the consequences.

I like some of them. I won't comment on lasting gains or safety, I think they're short term things only... But a lot of fun!

Dbol and anavar are my favorites. You will have hard time finding more fun to blast steroid than dbol. Anavar gives that aesthetic look when leaner. Dbol gives you strength boost and mass in no time, also euphoria. I love them, but I limit myself so only once in a while.

They have their place, but my opinion is that they aren't worth it in most situations for muscle growth.

Orals shine for their temporary strength and cosmetic effects. So it's my opinion that they aren't that fantastic if long term growth is your goal. Like @Mac11wildcat said, sometimes they can be to past bit of oomph you need at the end of a cycle if you've stagnated.

Im generally anti-oral for muscle building as I don't believe they are worth the digestive issues, liver issues, BP issues, ect. However with everything, ymmv, if your oral of choice doesn't hit your markers hard or your gut hard there's nothing wrong with throwing them in occasionally for short runs

Nothing more useful for plateaus late in a cycle IMO. Far higher potential for immediate growth and the side effects to accompany them. Most guys are shoving orals that don’t ageee with them into plans too early and suffering the consequences.
This, orals are something you need to know how you respond do it before adding it into a cycle or it can fuck everything up. Adding them in the beginning and the end is a good way to use them. Say you run 16 weeks first 4 and last 4 you could throw in an oral.