Kern US Open

Worf

Elite
I’d like to start doing threads for the big meets , get some more traffic in this bitch, lol. To see if we can generate some interest in the sport, maybe tak about our favorites and the prizes etc. Link the live streams etc
There’s typically 4-5 big money meets in the US each year. Hybrid, Keen, Pioneer, Showdown etc. With the Covid shit comin to an end these are back and better than ever. Who’s your favorite on the men’s and women’s side? Who do you think will be too 3 and get the cash?

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxZ1E-pSW9/?igshid=j7s1g8zmrvse

Last edited:
My predictions for men’s are a complete shoot out for first between John Haack and Dan Bell, another shoot out between Malik Derstine and Blake Lehew and Chad Pension might end up stealing 3rd. The dynamics have definitely changed some Joe Sullivan dropping out a few week ago.

Predictions for Women’s is a war between Hunter Henderson and Maryiana , 3rd may be up for grabs

Today’s Results

Mens 90kg +

1. Chad Pension 642 wilks
2. Dan Bell 632 wilks
3 John Haack 613 wilks

It’s gona be tough for the little guys to beat that, I would mean the 82.5kg (181lb) men would need over 910 kg to beat out Haack for 3rd. The current 82.5kg ATWR in wraps is 907.5kg for perspective

Micah Marino might be close at 181lbs, but I doubt 910kg.
Probably come down to Malik Derstine or Blake Lehew at 181. Also Rosalav Petknov (spelling). 181 has some for real talent. I think they’re all capable but it’ll be interesting to see how the day goes. There’s also that Hawaiian dude TNT at 145. I’d have to do the math on him to find out what he needs to get it done.

So Gerald “tnt” Diono is competing at 60 kg (132 lb). He needs a 745 kg total to win it. His best is 755 kg but at higher bw. Shit might get really interesting for the men tomorrow. The little guys can potentially de throne the podium placers from today. Also there’s some fierce competition for the ladies tomorrow. Hell of a day comin up

Gerald Diono was DQ’d for scale and weight tampering at weigh ins Yesterday. Interesting, can’t say this is encountered often.
stakes are definitely higher today. IMO that narrows it to 2 lifters in men’s that can upset the apple cart

Yesterday’s champ

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/COHg7vfgqfg/?igshid=10169sh3yge8v

Today’s Results

For the Ladies

1st. Maryana Gasparyan
2. Hunter Henderson
3. Ashley Garcia

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/COHOfTJFExT/?igshid=45xd1aeyz6jo

Hunter took the women’s 165 ATWR Squat and total from Kristy a Hawkins who just so happened to be the WRPF head judge at the meet.

For the Men.
None of the “Little” guys could knock out the bigger guys placing from Sat. In spite of Blake Lehew taking Kody Blazek‘s ATWR Total at 181 it just wasn’t enough to even Beat out Haack who competed at a wrapped meet in knee sleeves.

hell of a shoot out between the 181 men’s. It was literally a pull for the win scenario and even with Maleik taking an early lead his deadlift wasn’t enough to win the day.

Last edited:
Back