• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Lifting shoes

I use Adidas Sambas. Flat sole and good tread gives you an excellent base, plus they're classic af and well built. They take the punishment.

Not very versed in lifting shoes but switched from the Nike free (yes I know they’re running shoes and now know they’re shit for lifting) and switched to the Nike metcon and really like these. I usually finish my training session with some cardio and like the metcons to do both.

I know this thread is old, but these shoes are game changers.... ugly? Hell yeah, but they’re awesome if you like to train in socks or barefoot.

IMG_3257.jpg

I use Chuck Taylor's (flat soles) for low bar squat and conventional deadlift and just general lifting. Sabo deadlift shoes (flat soles, better grip, straps for stability) for sumo deadlift. Reebok Crossfit U Forms (raised heels) for high bar squat, front squat, and bench.

Hey guys. I've always trained in Ryderwear which is completely zero heel lift and flat sole. But after dealing with knee issues for the past year and a half I'm thinking of giving lifting shoes a shot.

I was looking at the Adidas powerlift 3.1 since they're under $100 and seem pretty good.

I do alot for ankle and hip mobility, but I find if I place 10lb plates under my heels alot of times that makes my knees feel better. So I'm thinking lifting shoes with a raised heel are a smarter option

If anyone has any input here I would appreciate it
Used to be pretty anti lifters, tried a mates pair a while back and then ended up getting my own. Never looked back, still prefer barefoot deads. But for; squats, reverse lunges and rear elevated split squats they help so much with mobility and stability. Only thing is they're neon pink ... at least they won't get pinched haha.