Long Length Partials for Better Growth!

OldGHGuy

Hey Meso,

This is a great video by Jeff Nippard on the topic of Long Length Partials. I have incorporated these techniques into my training and they've made a world of difference, allowing me to blast through long lasting plateaus and maximize my training. Check it out:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftpH4-xFGQI

Jeff Nippard also has many other excellent videos on the topic of science-based training.

How have you implemented it yourself? any specific bodyparts or exercises that youve found it useful for?

Do you use it as an intensity technique at the end after 2-3 straight worksets or how do you implement it?

Seems to be particularly effective for calves, delts and lats from what ive heard from others.

How have you implemented it yourself? any specific bodyparts or exercises that youve found it useful for?

Do you use it as an intensity technique at the end after 2-3 straight worksets or how do you implement it?

Seems to be particularly effective for calves, delts and lats from what ive heard from others.
Yes I have. Especially effective so far for me on pecs (partial incline fly), biceps (partial EZ curls) and back (partial reverse close grip lat pulldowns) but I plan to use them (at least some) on everything moving forward. Havent been "good sore" like this in years

I’m definitely going to experiment with this myself. Usually when I see half reps it’s the short length, especially for biceps. Same really for chest. Usually it’s by guys who really don’t know what they are doing in the gym. I can see the benefit of the long length half reps, especially for “shocking” the muscle into some new growth. Kind of reminds me of pause reps where you pause in the mid rep range and hold for a few seconds before finishing the movement. That’s a good muscle shocker too.

I've been implementing some form of long length partials or at least attenuating the stretch position of the exercises. Pretty much on everything I do now leg press I use yoga blocks to push myself forward and get a really deep stretch Same thing on the hack squat, flyes, presses with a camber bar, leg extension I push the seat all the way back and try to lean back as far as possible, leg curls I reach as far as I can forward to grab the front bar and put my hamstrings and as much of a stretch as I can, etc.