Long term tirzepatide efficacy

CrazyDaisy

I posted this in another forum, but this forum is probably the better place to ask.

I was on brand name Mounjaro and then compounded tirzepatide via telehealth provider and now getting my own peptide. I'm debating buying a larger stockpile but wondering if others have input if you've been on tirzepatide longer term. Did you find that it stopped working, so maybe buying a large quantity isn't wise? I'm at goal and maintaining BTW. I know people have started getting retatrutide, but I'm not ready to try that until it gets further through clinical trials due to the early heart concerns.

Just curious if anyone has input...don't want to waste a bunch of money on a larger tirzepatide order if many have found its effects to wain or better to consider other stacks. I completely realize this will vary person to person. So just looking for any personal experiences or suggestions.

The slight increase in hunger around 5-6 days after dosing might be part of why it works well the rest of the time.

Some people like microdosing like with TRT but the mechanisms with GLP1/GIP drugs seem different.

For example, if weight loss stalls for a few weeks, I'd increase dose before increasing dose frequency. This is a marathon not a sprint.
Everyday dosing has made me like tirz a lot more. I used to get side effects and what felt like a drop off of effectiveness a couple days before my dose. I have also been able to start and stay at a lower dose longer. I can also run it at higher dosages, bolus doses 7mg and up would cause side effects for me.

Not sure what you consider long-term. I have been on Tirz for 16 months now. with the past 8 months on 15mg / week. Still not at goal weight, but have been steady losing the whole time. The only impact to slope of my weight loss was when I started rx TRT in October 2023. Took a few months to adjust and started back losing. Food noise starts coming back on days 6 and 7 at this point, but lately have added Tesofensine which is incredible at knocking out appetite.

View attachment 277220
holy shit man!!!! 423lbs is crazy.. congrats

how do u feel? hope you keep drinking nice pure water by the gallon! thats ALOT of mass to pee out! cant be good for kidneys but obv neither is being 423 lbs... imagine another 40 lbs and will really start feeling better!!