Lowering Tirzepatide tolerance

onlyontrt

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with lowering Tirzepatide tolerance. I have been on 10mg/week for about 6 months now and I don't even think I feel it anymore. I'm on a pretty strict diet which is working but it is definitely a conscious effort and i'm still hungry but push through with will power. I have friends that are on it and losing weight without even trying because they don't get hungry or get full quickly which is how I felt when i was first on it.

I know I can up the dosage to 15 mg but I am trying to save that for my big summer cut. I imagine the issues I am having is due to high tolerance so i'm wondering if stopping for about a month or maybe temporarily switching to or adding semaglutide will help. I've also seen some things about people switching to cagrilintide but i admittedly haven't done any research on that compound.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with lowering Tirzepatide tolerance. I have been on 10mg/week for about 6 months now and I don't even think I feel it anymore. I'm on a pretty strict diet which is working but it is definitely a conscious effort and i'm still hungry but push through with will power. I have friends that are on it and losing weight without even trying because they don't get hungry or get full quickly which is how I felt when i was first on it.

I know I can up the dosage to 15 mg but I am trying to save that for my big summer cut. I imagine the issues I am having is due to high tolerance so i'm wondering if stopping for about a month or maybe temporarily switching to or adding semaglutide will help. I've also seen some things about people switching to cagrilintide but i admittedly haven't done any research on that compound.

You could try alternating and see how it goes. Try 5mg tirzepatide on Monday and 1mg semaglutide on Thursday. Repeat each week

The only way I know is to come off it for a significant period.

There is no such thing as tolerance to GLP meds.

Is your weight returning to where it was when you started?

If you come off and go back on clinical observation has suggested it'll likely be less effective.

If you're not at goal weight just increase to 12.5, then 15. That's what you'd do on pharma.

After a few weeks at 15 if you're not losing weight, unlikely if you resonded to the lower doses, you can add Sema to the 15mg Tirz, but remember, wherever you end up you're going to need to stay on as a maintenance dose.

Last edited:
There continues to be a fundamental misunderstanding of how these drugs work.

They're not diet pills that induce appetite reduction when you take them.

They're hormones that set the body's weight regulating "thermostat" to a lower level. Since appetite reduction and the weight loss inducing effects are the body's natural mechanism to regulating weight, once the "setting" is reached appetite suppression weakens, then stops.

If you put on 10 pounds, and stayed on the same dose, appetite suppression would return, until you returned to the weight set point again.

To lose more weight you have to increase the dose, effectively lowering the "thermostat" further.

Youve been slamming GLP1s for 6 months and still not at at your goal?

Sounds like your diet is trash unless you started at 35% bodyfat

He's not at the correct dose. GLP receptors are present in different densities based on genetics, and higher densities require higher doses to achieve the same outcomes as those with lower densities.

The effectiveness of GLPs is primarily dependent on the overall proportion of receptors activated, so more receptors means more GLP hormone needed.

This is why it's titrated up, and different people require different maintainance doses to maintain goal weight.

There continues to be a fundamental misunderstanding of how these drugs work.

They're not diet pills that induce appetite reduction when you take them.

They're hormones that set the body's weight regulating "thermostat" to a lower level. Since appetite reduction and the weight loss inducing effects are the body's natural mechanism to regulating weight, once the "setting" is reached appetite suppression weakens, then stops.

If you put on 10 pounds, and stayed on the same dose, appetite suppression would return, until you returned to the weight set point again.

To lose more weight you have to increase the dose, effectively lowering the "thermostat" further.
I'm not using it to lose weight. I have a bunch extra (sema) and your comments about the liver and kidney benefit's made me do some digging. So I take it for those health benefits. I added some hormones for a recomp so I added the tirz to help me stay at maintenance calories with an increased appetite from the hormones.

There is no such thing as tolerance to GLP meds.

Is your weight returning to where it was when you started?

If you come off and go back on clinical observation has suggested it'll likely be less effective.

If you're not at goal weight just increase to 12.5, then 15. That's what you'd do on pharma.

After a few weeks at 15 if you're not losing weight, unlikely if you resonded to the lower doses, you can add Sema to the 15mg Tirz, but remember, wherever you end up you're going to need to stay on as a maintenance dose
I haven’t returned to my starting weight but I definitely would if I didn’t watch it. What’s frustrating is ik a lot of ppl on this stuff that are not in the bodybuilding scene that are dropping weight way quicker then me. They will eat 1 meal in a day and only eat half of it. Most of the time it’s fast food but they only eat half and be full thus dropping weight.

I couldn’t if I tried. I’m eating healthy and have to fight the cravings away with will power and losing weight slower than them.

Youve been slamming GLP1s for 6 months and still not at at your goal?

Sounds like your diet is trash unless you started at 35% bodyfat
I just recently started taking the diet seriously because I realized I have to.

I came to the conclusion I’m not going to drop weight without trying like my friends that are on it.

I haven’t returned to my starting weight but I definitely would if I didn’t watch it. What’s frustrating is ik a lot of ppl on this stuff that are not in the bodybuilding scene that are dropping weight way quicker then me. They will eat 1 meal in a day and only eat half of it. Most of the time it’s fast food but they only eat half and be full thus dropping weight.

I couldn’t if I tried. I’m eating healthy and have to fight the cravings away with will power and losing weight slower than them.

If you were experiencing significant appetite suppression that induced weight loss, especially at a lower dose, and you continued on the current, higher dose, that appetite would return well before you returned to starting weight, becoming more potent as weight increased. Of course there's a fluctuation of a few pounds one way or the other because of variations in endogenous GLP production, but the drug hasn't stopped working. Unless you took long breaks, over a month, which does seem to make it less effective for some people.

I just recently started taking the diet seriously because I realized I have to.

I came to the conclusion I’m not going to drop weight without trying like my friends that are on it.

You have to control diet even if the GLP is causing major appetite reduction, or the small volume of food intake won't supply enough protein leading to muscle atrophy, and even malnutrition. Again, if the appetite suppression was there and has weakened, you need a higher dose to turn down the body's set weight further.

FWIW, females have far fewer GLP receptors than males, and there's also significant variation from individual to individual. There are even genetic tests that accurately predict response to GLPs based on receptor density.

I'm not using it to lose weight. I have a bunch extra (sema) and your comments about the liver and kidney benefit's made me do some digging. So I take it for those health benefits. I added some hormones for a recomp so I added the tirz to help me stay at maintenance calories with an increased appetite from the hormones.

That's a really smart move. Once the shortages stop and especially once generics become available in a few years I think there will be an explosion in non-weight loss use for the other potent health benefits.

That's a really smart move. Once the shortages stop and especially once generics become available in a few years I think there will be an explosion in non-weight loss use for the other potent health benefits.
I don't want to sound misleading. I did use it for weight loss but continue for the health benefits. Once I get through my ten month supply of Sema I'll switch to strictly Tirz. Maybe by then there will be more science out.

I don't want to sound misleading. I did use it for weight loss but continue for the health benefits. Once I get through my ten month supply of Sema I'll switch to strictly Tirz. Maybe by then there will be more science out.

More every day. Another long term study was just released showing 94% reduction in diabetes development in those using a Tirz maintainance dose as well as not regaining weight for the entire 3 year study period.

Further evidence, incidentally, tolerance doesn't develop and another harmful myth being spread. It sounds plausible, so I can see why so many buy into it. but it's just not the case.

He's not at the correct dose. GLP receptors are present in different densities based on genetics, and higher densities require higher doses to achieve the same outcomes as those with lower densities.

The effectiveness of GLPs is primarily dependent on the overall proportion of receptors activated, so more receptors means more GLP hormone needed.

This is why it's titrated up, and different people require different maintainance doses to maintain goal weight.
This is irrelevant.

regardless of whether he is at some arbitrary optimal dose, 6 months of heavily relying on a quick fix drug and still not being near your goal shows a fundamental misunderstanding of nutrition and dieting in general.

No one needs a GLP1 agonist, they can be beneficial in individuals that are morbidly obese by giving them the early wiggle room in their energy balance to get started in the right direction, anything beyond that is ill advised.

This is irrelevant.

regardless of whether he is at some arbitrary optimal dose, 6 months of heavily relying on a quick fix drug and still not being near your goal shows a fundamental misunderstanding of nutrition and dieting in general.

No one needs a GLP1 agonist, they can be beneficial in individuals that are morbidly obese by giving them the early wiggle room in their energy balance to get started in the right direction, anything beyond that is ill advised.

Whatever. It's clear you're another knuckle dragger whose desire to believe their ability to more easily maintain an ideal weight is because of some superior strength of will. A belief that requires ignoring an insurmountable amount of science about the underlying biology of weight regulation.

Lay off the steroids and let the world see the real you, a product of generations of sub-par genetics propagated by beta men mating with low value women.

No one needs a GLP1 agonist, they can be beneficial in individuals that are morbidly obese

Tbf, though, we don't know whether that was the case for this gentleman, to begin with.

As for the "bodybuilder bashing" above me, it's pointless and getting tiring and someone incorporating peds within their training has nothing to do with someone needing to use glps for serious weight/food issues.
The equation is just not there.

I think Tom was saying you are taking these drugs and still eating bad, on top of them not working for you. What have you learnt?

If this stuff doesn't work for OP, it's probably not in sufficient quantity, like Ghoul said, or maybe switch to something else.

Once again, totally different scenario, but I remember Sector saying he was using sema for a while, then tirz for a while, then back and forth when he felt they were losing efficacy.
I hope I remember correctly.

Last edited: