MCT Oil C8 vs C10 vs C12

VakarianSK

I usually brew with castor oil but will be giving mct a shot. What does everyone use? There are three main types of mct oil (C8, c10, and C12) and according to this C8 is the easiest to break down by the body.

So would this product be ideal for home brew?

Well there are more types of MCT oil

From what I have gathered c12 is the one that causes issues with bad reaction

MCT oil consisting of c8 and/or c10 is the most ideal for brewing.

I have used c8/c10. I just started. I was told you can use nearly any type of MCT oil but I have been sticking with USP grade to prevent issues.

I have used c8/c10. I just started. I was told you can use nearly any type of MCT oil but I have been sticking with USP grade to prevent issues.
From looking around it seems most USP grades are a combination of the two.

Thank you for the info!

so MIG 810/812 are standardised MCT oils right? containing exact ratios of C8 C10 unlike the grocery store MCT that has an unknown ratio?

C8 and C10 and C12 just refer to fatty acids and not the kind of oil. So MCT, palm and other oils contain those same fatty acids.
Are you 100% sure that Mig810/812 are synthetic oils?

Medium Chain Triglycerides can come from many sources the Mig 810/812 designation only refers to the ratios.

1706213329400.png

Last edited: