Men's Physique TOP 1 - National NPC Muscle Contest 2022

cassius

10+ Year Member
Returning to activity here at MESO, I will share here with you another result of a recent competition with my athlete that I also consider as a brother.

Event: National NPC Muscle Contest 2022
Athlete: @vitorfurt
TOP 1 Class C

Yeah... for those who don't know, we already had several victories before this one. Vítor already has his collection of trophies at home. But it was only this time that I had the privilege of personally accompanying him.

And if before we were already right even working from a distance, together, this time, the expectation was that we could extract even more from the potential that this physique had to present. Not to mention, of course, the special feeling we had of knowing that we would be side by side.

And really, it was no different. The physique responded well to each stage. We managed to bring the perfect balance between volume and conditioning. And that's still based on bread with egg, açaí, tapioca and a top pepperoni and bacon pizza on the eve of the championship

The PRO Card hasn't arrived “yet”, but as many who follow it know, it is coming. As we said after the championship, many times an athlete comes down from the stage already thinking “where did I go wrong?”. You often think about changing coaches, personals, gym... when, in fact, all you need to do is just keep going. And this is our case. With each competition, he has always been and will continue to climb better.

Now it's just a matter of continuing to hit the top to correct small imperfections in the physique until the PRO is, in fact, conquered. And as far as I'm concerned, it won't take long for that to happen. Even because, incredible as it may seem, he is still 25 years old, with only two in the sport, and he is already clashing with experienced guys who have been on the same journey for over a decade. It's indescribable how proud I am of this boy for his commitment, discipline and dedication. And we're just getting started!

Here I leave the link to the photos:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClpTpRHpXg7/

Well... if you're interested, I can give you details of what we did during this preparation, both in terms of diet, training and even the ergogenics and details of the finalization before he went on stage. However, I would really like to know about your interest in this, please.

Thanks in advance for everyone's attention!

Nice! What kind of diet model/meal plan did you implement during the weeks leading up to the show?
Hello Brother! How are you? First, thank you for your comment here.

In my way of working, whether with athletes or non-athletes, I develop a diet plan that is within the preferences and what fits best into the routine, always seeking the maximum possible adherence so that we can, from there, manipulate the macros and calories over time and then achieve greater results during both the bulking and cutting phases.

Vítor, like many athletes, has always focused on the basics. His diet plan has always been designed with just three or four meals a day (precisely because he has little time to stop his daily tasks to eat) containing rice, chicken, eggs, tapioca and papaya. All macros were composed only of these foods both during the off and contest phases.

His routine was basically as follows:

Wake up
fasting
He had his meal 1 around 12pm (rice, chicken and papaya)
The meal 2 was eaten around 5pm (tapioca and eggs)
Workout at 7pm
Meal 3 at 9pm (rice, chicken and papaya)

Realize that this period in which he fasted in the morning was not because we wanted to have the IF strategy, but because that was the most practical thing for him in terms of his routine.

In the last weeks before the championship, what I did with him was to start to reduce more fat (the egg yolks were removed) and I also started to concentrate more carbohydrates in the pre-workout meal, so that he could still get the best possible performance in training and, with that, being able to maintain more muscle mass at the same time that you would be able to burn more calories, which would help you lose even more fat.

And, of course, in the week of the championship, we reduced the carbohydrates more during the depletion phase in order to start the carb up and do the supercompensation phase.

During the depletion phase, his diet was as follows:

Meal 1: tapioca (100g), chicken fillet (120g)
Meal 2: jasmine rice (100g), chicken fillet (240g) and salad
Meal 3: chicken fillet (240g) and salad
Meal 4: jasmine rice (150g), chicken fillet (240g), pineapple or papaya (100 or 115g) and salad

Protein: 238.9g
Fat: 32.8g
Carb: 138.8g
Calories: 1811 Kcal

As he was at home, we preferred to split the diet into 4 meals this time. This was done for 5 days. After that, we started the carb up.

The first day of carb up was done only with jasmine rice (995g raw weight), tilapia (730g raw weight), raisins (240g) and papaya (600g). There was very little use of salt in meals. These were the total amounts for the day, which resulted in the following macros:

Prot: 214.4g (2.5g/Kg)
Fat: 27.4g (0.3g/Kg)
Carb: 1034.4g (12.0 g/Kg)
Calories: 5291 Kcal

The second day of carb up also had the same foods, but in the following amounts: jasmine rice (790g raw weight), tilapia (800g raw weight), raisins (240g) and papaya (600g). On that day, salt intake was zeroed. These were the total amounts for the day, which resulted in the following macros:

Prot: 212.4g (2.5g/Kg)
Fat: 27.6g (0.3g/Kg)
Carb: 870.4g (10.1 g/Kg)
Calories: 4608 Kcal

Already on the third day of carb up (the day before the show), I proposed a more free diet for him. He ate the foods he likes to eat on a free day, but without overdoing it. Salt intake that day was normalized, as he usually does. The diet was basically as follows:

8am
200g tapioca
02 whole eggs
04 egg whites
banana
pineapple

11am
rice
Tilapia
fruit (pineapple or papaya)

3pm
03 french breads
02 whole eggs
04 egg whites
700g of acai

6pm
rice
Tilapia
fruit (pineapple or papaya)

before bedtime
A large pepperoni and bacon pizza, but with half the cheese they usually put on it.

Water intake that day was 3 liters of normal water + 1 liter of gatorade.

On the day of the competition, Vítor ate only 150 grams of rice cakes with a little dulce de leche and also ate snacks, as well as vodka and wine lol. As the day went on, I made the necessary adjustments to ensure the best balance between volume and condition.

Back