Mercury blood test -- time to cut back on the tuna

there are a few brands of "food service" in my country that have tuna in sachets, I wonder if they are mercury-poisoned

and mercury test in blood is like 10 USD and mercury in blood is 8~9 USD in my country, I will test as well because I eat like 100-120grams of tuna twice a week

I eat way too much of this stuff, too.
It's quick, easy, portable and involves no cooking for the ones that do not want to do it anymore = me.
I'm with you. I do two cans of tuna and at least two cans of herring/sardines most days. Combined with the Brussel sprouts it is a wonder my sig other sticks around.

I was actually called into HR one day and politely asked to cut out the sardines and Brussel sprouts at work. Some did not appreciate it. I get it.

Have you ever had any actual physical symptoms that you think could be attributed to excessive mercury in your body?

Come on now. Fresh (frozen) tuna takes literally 1 minute to cook. I eat a pound two to three times a week.

I am being very honest by admitting to it and I know it's not a good thing.
But it is true, zero cooking happening.
My mother ain't pleased.
There are reasons. But also I have become accustomed to it.
For the foreseeable future, it will continue.

I am sure your tuna is delish.
Do you add a bit of soy sauce or spices?
With fresh fish I would always want to add some kind of flavour, or it's so bland.

Quality sardines are great, far healthier, and you'd need to eat 100x as much to get the same mercury content.

The lower on the food chain seafood is, the healthier it is.

I love Swordfish, bit must limit it to a couple of times a year of or may as well season my food with ash from a coal electric generation plant.

Quality sardines are great, far healthier, and you'd need to eat 100x as much to get the same mercury content.

The lower on the food chain seafood is, the healthier it is.

I love Swordfish, bit must limit it to a couple of times year of or may as well season my food with ash from a coal electric generation plant.

I never have swordfish but sardines are great.
Mackerel, too.

It's not in a can, but monkfish is delish.
Roasted in the oven, with garlic, rosemary and potatoes; yum

Have you ever had any actual physical symptoms that you think could be attributed to excessive mercury in your body?
My brain has taken such a beating with the AAS it is very hard to deconvolute any specific mental effects from the Hg. I would imagine longer term they may start to rear but as of now none that I can put a specific finger on.

Perhaps the Hg helps explain my prior posts on potential impurities in AAS. Perhaps I am already gone and just haven't realized it.

I never have swordfish but sardines are great.
Mackerel, too.

It's not in a can, but monkfish is delish.
Roasted in the oven, with garlic, rosemary and potatoes; yum

You could almost mistake Swordfish for beef, but far leaner. Too bad about the mercury.

These days most of my seafood comes in the form of street cart prawn.

IMG_9102.webp

My brain has taken such a beating with the AAS it is very hard to deconvolute any specific mental effects from the Hg. I would imagine longer term they may start to rear but as of now none that I can put a specific finger on.

Perhaps the Hg helps explain my prior posts on potential impurities in AAS. Perhaps I am already gone and just haven't realized it.

Not too late to stop the carnage bro...

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/10/11/why-this-millionaire-investor-eats-five-cans-of-sardines-every-day.html

Not too late to stop the carnage bro...

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/10/11/why-this-millionaire-investor-eats-five-cans-of-sardines-every-day.html
I typically do 2 to 4 cans of sardines per day. I just need to stop my tuna addiction. Love the Yellowfin in EVOO so.

Thanks for the article.

Back