Metals in ugl gear? Switching to pharma grade.

Horndog69

So I do my trt myself. 180 mgs test c and keep track of bloods. However been reading a lot on metals found in ugl gear. Anyone know what symptoms we should look out for? What do these metals do to the body? Do they cause cancer?

I'm looking to switch to pharma grade for my trt. Then if I want to blast will just grab some ugl stuff. How do I go about that. Do I just ask my Dr?

Well, considering everyone uses the same 3 or 4 ingredients, and the raw chemicals all come from the same place, I really doubt you have much to worry about.

Unless you buy it with a prescription, how will you know for sure?

So, you only want the potentially metal poison, when you blast, so it's ok to potentially get cancer then, but.. when you TRT you don't want to catch cancer during that phase.

Hmmmmm interesting logic :)

Well, considering everyone uses the same 3 or 4 ingredients, and the raw chemicals all come from the same place, I really doubt you have much to worry about.

Unless you buy it with a prescription, how will you know for sure?

So, you only want the potentially metal poison, when you blast, so it's ok to potentially get cancer then, but.. when you TRT you don't want to catch cancer during that phase.

Hmmmmm interesting logic :)
Seems logical to minimize the use as much as possible.

10 weeks of metal gear > 52 weeks of metal gear.

Where did you read this?

I work in pharma, and I have sent UGL samples to our analysts who run ICP-MS and and ICP-OES (analytical instruments that quantify metals, down to very low/trace levels), and every time they have come back as below LoD (limit of detection).

I'm not saying that ALL samples will have the same outcome, but as far as I know, metal contamination is not an issue.

The metals you're worried about are mostly used as catalysts in hydrogenation reactions to produce DHT derivatives (2 hydrogen atoms are added to the double bond between carbons 4 & 5, leaving a single bond, hence "dihydro"testosterone) and are easily cleaned up in subsequent steps. Cleaning is not only beneficial to the end user, but also to the guys making it, so the handling of the product is safe.

These metals, if divalent (2+ charge), will displace metals used as cofactors in important enzymes in the body. This is one reason why mercury and lead are so toxic. Alkylated metals (like dibutyl tin) can cause cancer because they add alkyl groups (carbon chains) to DNA, which fucks up folding and replication.

But again, I wouldn't worry about it

@janoshik has tested a lot samples, but I don't know if he's tested for metals.

So I do my trt myself. 180 mgs test c and keep track of bloods. However been reading a lot on metals found in ugl gear. Anyone know what symptoms we should look out for? What do these metals do to the body? Do they cause cancer?

I'm looking to switch to pharma grade for my trt. Then if I want to blast will just grab some ugl stuff. How do I go about that. Do I just ask my Dr?
If you're that concerned you should make it yourself or refilter the premade gear you purchased.

Where did you read this?

I work in pharma, and I have sent UGL samples to our analysts who run ICP-MS and and ICP-OES (analytical instruments that quantify metals, down to very low/trace levels), and every time they have come back as below LoD (limit of detection).

I'm not saying that ALL samples will have the same outcome, but as far as I know, metal contamination is not an issue.

The metals you're worried about are mostly used as catalysts in hydrogenation reactions to produce DHT derivatives (2 hydrogen atoms are added to the double bond between carbons 4 & 5, leaving a single bond, hence "dihydro"testosterone) and are easily cleaned up in subsequent steps. Cleaning is not only beneficial to the end user, but also to the guys making it, so the handling of the product is safe.

These metals, if divalent (2+ charge), will displace metals used as cofactors in important enzymes in the body. This is one reason why mercury and lead are so toxic. Alkylated metals (like dibutyl tin) can cause cancer because they add alkyl groups (carbon chains) to DNA, which fucks up folding and replication.

But again, I wouldn't worry about it

@janoshik has tested a lot samples, but I don't know if he's tested for metals.

It was in one of the Anabolics books that Llewellyn wrote years ago.

there is heavy metal in tap water and tuna fish and tons of other shit! Ive never seen a lab report constantly showing heavy metal in any reputable UGL maybe its the same deal with the mysterious IGF chemical they put in fake HGH so you get a good IGF score! oh wait never seen any evidence of that other then a bunch of morons spewing this utter stupidity Please correct me ,anyone if I'm wrong thanks

Heavy metals (As, Cd, Pb, Hg) analysis: 120 USD / sample

The thing being we have a small statistic on AAS raws tested for heavy metals and so far none of the samples was contaminated.

The other thing is, that heavy metals are not really employed in AAS manufacture nor are to be expected in any starting materials, imho... unlike among other metals, such as calcium.

No AAS sample ever tested nowhere near dangerous heavy metal level.
Indeed.

He has tested for heavy metals before, and he offers the service to test for heavy metals. But he advices against it since he has never found any significant amount.
AnabolicLab ordered ICP-OES screening for heavy metal contamination on about 20 different product samples in 2016. Nothing detected.