Metaprolol and hair loss?

So currently take 20 mg lisinopril, 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide for BP. In April was prescribed 25 mg metaprolol for svt. I have these svt attacks where my heart rate goes up very high but only happens maybe once or twice a year. Besides that my HR is good. Well started taking the metaprolol and during that time noticed an increase in hair shedding and thinning and that was the only new thing I added.

Anyone ever heard or experience this. I want to stop but also haven't had an svt attacks since being on. Also heard you can't stop cold turkey with metaprolol but since it's a low dose would I be ok.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have personally never heard of hair loss being a side effect of beta blockers. I have only ever used atenolol and nebivolol. I liked nebivolol much better because atenolol made me lethargy. I was using them to lower bp but I know svt is your concern. If you have to stay on a beta blocker I would ask the doctor about nebivolol.

I have personally never heard of hair loss being a side effect of beta blockers. I have only ever used atenolol and nebivolol. I liked nebivolol much better because atenolol made me lethargy. I was using them to lower bp but I know svt is your concern. If you have to stay on a beta blocker I would ask the doctor about nebivolol.
Yea when you Google hairloss and beta blockers it's apparently very common.

Back