Minoxidil & RU58841 solution?

Disarmer

I use the following recipe to brew a topical RU58841 solution. Does anybody know if I can also add 5g Minoxidil powder without changing the other ingredient measurements and still get all the powder to dissolve?

RU58841 - 5% -100ml
5 grams RU58841 powder
70mL 95% Ethanol
30mL Propylene Glycol

If that won't work, does anybody have a recommended recipe for topical RU55841 and Minoxidil? I'd like to stop giving Costco so much money for Rogaine.

It'll be close enough to 5% for what it is. You're not trying to put a man on the moon so I wouldn't worry about the displacement.

It'll be close enough to 5% for what it is. You're not trying to put a man on the moon so I wouldn't worry about the displacement.

I'm not asking about displacement, I'm asking about solubility. Can I successfully dissolve 10g of powder in this solution or is that beyond its maximum solubility?

I'm not asking about displacement, I'm asking about solubility. Can I successfully dissolve 10g of powder in this solution or is that beyond its maximum solubility?
Doh! Yes, terribly sorry.
I think the mix you listed is supposed to be great for solubility of RU & should readily work for minoxidil.

"Minoxidil occurs as a white or off-white, odorless, crystalline solid that is slightly soluble in water to the extent of approximately 2 mg/mL; is readily soluble in propylene glycol or ethanol; and is almost insoluble in acetone or ethyl acetate."
source: Minoxidil 10%, Finasteride 0.1%, Biotin 0.2%, and Caffeine Citrate 0.05% Hydroalcoholic Solution.

Doh! Yes, terribly sorry.
I think the mix you listed is supposed to be great for solubility of RU & should readily work for minoxidil.

Sorry, not to be pedantic just want to clarify - do you think it would work for both TOGETHER in the same mixture?

It's a little less urgent now since QSC just announced no Canadian orders until Feb so I am months away from obtaining any Minoxidil raws

Sorry, not to be pedantic just want to clarify - do you think it would work for both TOGETHER in the same mixture?
Looks like you would be g2g on your recipe for both compounds going into solution.

RU58841: solubility of RU-58841 is approximately 33 mg/ml in ethanol and DMF and approximately 25 mg/ml in DMSO.

Looks like you would be g2g on your recipe for both compounds going into solution.

RU58841: solubility of RU-58841 is approximately 33 mg/ml in ethanol and DMF and approximately 25 mg/ml in DMSO.
Perfect I'll give it a try when I eventually get the Minoxidil.

Really appreciate you digging that info up for me. I have no idea how you and others are able to find some of this stuff!

Does this cause permenant growth? Or does it go away once you stop? Have you heard?
It's the active drug in Rogaine - I know Rogaine has to be kept up otherwise hairloss will speed up to match where you'd if if you had never used it in the first place

It's the active drug in Rogaine - I know Rogaine has to be kept up otherwise hairloss will speed up to match where you'd if if you had never used it in the first place
Exactly, and that is the part that stinks, you have to keep using it

Does RU help too? Is it temporary too?

Exactly, and that is the part that stinks, you have to keep using it

Does RU help too? Is it temporary too?
This is something a buddy of mine told me to look into just the other day as I am a Barber by trade. So I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this as well. Also OP I know this was only a few days ago but did you receive it and have you tried it yet as far as making the product?

This is something a buddy of mine told me to look into just the other day as I am a Barber by trade. So I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this as well. Also OP I know this was only a few days ago but did you receive it and have you tried it yet as far as making the product?

I haven't ordered it yet.
I live in Canada so will probably take 6 months to get here after I order. My raw supplier is also changing shipping to Canada at the moment so I am still understanding these changes. Check back in after Halloween 2023 for updates, no need for weekly inqueries haha

I make mine with glycerin instead of PG since I'm allergic to it. I used 5mg RU and 5mg Min and 0,25mg Fin. The solubility isn't that great to be honest. There is some powder that will collect at the bottom if you leave it alone for some time. So I just shake it before use and that works for me.

An update for everyone,

I made the 5% RU 5% Minoxidil solution this morning using a magnetic stirer and a small amount of heat. Thanks @Deadp007 for instilling confidence in the solubility of such a solution!

An update for everyone,

I made the 5% RU 5% Minoxidil solution this morning using a magnetic stirer and a small amount of heat. Thanks @Deadp007 for instilling confidence in the solubility of such a solution!
Doh! Sorry, I don't think I mentioned adding heat to it....like you said, not much and very gradually... I'll have to go back and check my notes.
Let us know how it holds & works out!

Doh! Sorry, I don't think I mentioned adding heat to it....like you said, not much and very gradually... I'll have to go back and check my notes.
Let us know how it holds & works out!
I'm switching from Rogaine to this so it better damn work haha :D

I just ordered 2 grams of KX-826 (Pyrilutamide) powder from a supplier (starts with a V ends with a Z). Since it has completed phase 3 & phase 2 in China/US respectively.

minoxidilmax claims that the nitrile group on KX-826 will hydrolyze in water, and a water free solution is needed. I'm thinking of getting some lab grade ethanol, maybe some butylene glycol to act as surfactant (help it stick to skin).

any luck with your minoxidil and RU home brew ?

I want to do the same plus add dutasteride

I’ve seen recipe for 0.01% dut + 5% minoxidil but would like to take both of those higher. The prescription one I got is 7% minoxidil and 0.1% dut. The instructions say that it takes 4 hours to absorb so it would be ideal if RU could be added to the blend
I use the following recipe to brew a topical RU58841 solution. Does anybody know if I can also add 5g Minoxidil powder without changing the other ingredient measurements and still get all the powder to dissolve?

RU58841 - 5% -100ml
5 grams RU58841 powder
70mL 95% Ethanol
30mL Propylene Glycol

If that won't work, does anybody have a recommended recipe for topical RU55841 and Minoxidil? I'd like to stop giving Costco so much money for Rogaine.