MK-677 and BG control

FFMM

Hey,
im starting my new Blast in 2 weeks and will run 500 test e and 300 npp per week.
For my appetite I was thinking about running 15mg of MK-677 in the morning as I’ve had good results with it so far. Last time I did not have any problems at all with my blood glucose but this time I’ll run a slightly higher dose (5mg more) and want to be keep my insulin sensitivity as low as possible.

Will berberine be enough for that or should I consider a Glucose disposal agent.
I thought about getting Glyco-x 500 with banaba leaf extract and Berberine. Would only berberine be enough to control bg to a certain level?
500mg 3 times a day before a meal is what I’ve read quite often.
Maybe someone can help and give some recommendations.

Hey,
im starting my new Blast in 2 weeks and will run 500 test e and 300 npp per week.
For my appetite I was thinking about running 15mg of MK-677 in the morning as I’ve had good results with it so far. Last time I did not have any problems at all with my blood glucose but this time I’ll run a slightly higher dose (5mg more) and want to be keep my insulin sensitivity as low as possible.

Will berberine be enough for that or should I consider a Glucose disposal agent.
I thought about getting Glyco-x 500 with banaba leaf extract and Berberine. Would only berberine be enough to control bg to a certain level?

Get a glucometer and track fasting glucose. It's inexpensive and very easy.

Regularly take, your morning fasted glucose before having coffee or eating anything. Could also check it about 2 or 3 hours after a high carb meal to see if your body is taking up the sugars properly. Do it daily or at least every other day and write it down so you can track it. I would actually start doing this before taking the MK and then while taking it So you have a baseline and a record you can track.

If you're blood glucose starts to raise and gets to a level that you don't like over a period of a week or two I would use berberine or metformin. If 10 mg didn't change your fasted glucose then 15 is unlikely to have a dramatic change but best to check and make sure.

Regularly take, your morning fasted glucose before having coffee or eating anything. Could also check it about 2 or 3 hours after a high carb meal to see if your body is taking up the sugars properly. Do it daily or at least every other day and write it down so you can track it. I would actually start doing this before taking the MK and then while taking it So you have a baseline and a record you can track.

If you're blood glucose starts to raise and gets to a level that you don't like over a period of a week or two I would use berberine or metformin. If 10 mg didn't change your fasted glucose then 15 is unlikely to have a dramatic change but best to check and make sure.
Hey,
Thanks for the informative answer. I have a glucose meter and tested it last time.
I’ll use it for the next couple weeks before starting mk so I’ll get the baseline, thanks for the good suggestion.

Hey,

I presume you're going to be in a caloric surplus? I'd highly disadvise using mk677 for bulking. It's one of the "dirtiest" compounds for that. Will have you hyperglycemic in no time. Besides that, it's basically ptsd in a pill form, ie. it heavily modulates the hpa axis. It really isn't worth it. You've got test and npp, do you really need mk?

Using GH for bulking is stupid as is (but at least there you can sorta time your meals around the boluses) and nobody besides people who make money off of it, should really be doing it. Mk keeps your GH elevated throughout the whole day and it also elevates your "stress" hormones which have implications in energy metabolism, fat storage, making insulin resistance even more likely.

And even if you didn't notice any anxiety or stress from it the first time, it's still not worth it as hpa axis deteriorates slowly over time. It just doesn't make sense taking anything that modulates it so drastically. Mk is the biggest offender as it has a long half life but ghrelin (GHRP's) in general is implicated in fear conditioning and thus all GHRP's should really be reconsidered for physique enhancement, especially by more anxious people.

I presume you're going to be in a caloric surplus? I'd highly disadvise using mk677 for bulking. It's one of the "dirtiest" compounds for that. Will have you hyperglycemic in no time. Besides that, it's basically ptsd in a pill form, ie. it heavily modulates the hpa axis. It really isn't worth it. You've got test and npp, do you really need mk?

Using GH for bulking is stupid as is (but at least there you can sorta time your meals around the boluses) and nobody besides people who make money off of it, should really be doing it. Mk keeps your GH elevated throughout the whole day and it also elevates your "stress" hormones which have implications in energy metabolism, fat storage, making insulin resistance even more likely.

And even if you didn't notice any anxiety or stress from it the first time, it's still not worth it as hpa axis deteriorates slowly over time. It just doesn't make sense taking anything that modulates it so drastically. Mk is the biggest offender as it has a long half life but ghrelin (GHRP's) in general is implicated in fear conditioning and thus all GHRP's should really be reconsidered for physique enhancement, especially by more anxious people.

Yes the plan is / was to use mk during a bulk especially for the significant appetite increase and better recovery / sleep benefits.
I have never really experienced any anxiety in my life before so I guess it won’t affect me that much.
Nor have I had an increased blood glucose level. Fasted levels were between 70 and 90 during my last time of usage on a relatively clean diet.

Yes the plan is / was to use mk during a bulk especially for the significant appetite increase and better recovery / sleep benefits.
I have never really experienced any anxiety in my life before so I guess it won’t affect me that much.
Nor have I had an increased blood glucose level. Fasted levels were between 70 and 90 during my last time of usage on a relatively clean diet.

Is appetite really such a problem for you? How much are you trying to eat?

Maybe try boldenone (cypionate) instead of npp, as it increases appetite.

Fyi, just using a gda like berberine/metformin by it self can increase appetite due to lowered blood sugar levels. They can also lower appetite thou due to downstream GLP1 induction and delayed gastric emptying ...

Is appetite really such a problem for you? How much are you trying to eat?

Maybe try boldenone (cypionate) instead of npp, as it increases appetite.

Fyi, just using a gda like berberine/metformin by it self can increase appetite due to lowered blood sugar levels. They can also lower appetite thou due to downstream GLP1 induction and delayed gastric emptying ...
It’s a big problem for me. I can go hours without feeling hungry. I don’t mind having breakfast and then stop eating for the rest of the day. Force feeding every meal for a long period of time just gets really exhausting.
Everything over 3500 without mk677 was a big pain for me.

It’s a big problem for me. I can go hours without feeling hungry. I don’t mind having breakfast and then stop eating for the rest of the day. Force feeding every meal for a long period of time just gets really exhausting.
Everything over 3500 without mk677 was a big pain for me.

I'm the same. Bulking is a huge stressor. What I do is keep calories more in the recomp range, 3200 - 3500 and I give my head/gut time off by doing a mini cut every 4 weeks or so for 1 or two weeks, try it. Bulking without pause for 3 - 6 months is just not an option and neither is it necessary.

I'm the same. Bulking is a huge stressor. What I do is keep calories more in the recomp range, 3200 - 3500 and I give my head/gut time off by doing a mini cut every 4 weeks or so for 1 or two weeks, try it. Bulking without pause for 3 - 6 months is just not an option and neither is it necessary.
I wouldn’t agree with you here. Bulking for 3-6 months and being over recomp calories is necessary if you want to put on some size especially while being on gear.
The idea with making a mini cut for like a week to give the gut a little bit of rest is a good idea tho.

I wouldn’t agree with you here. Bulking for 3-6 months and being over recomp calories is necessary if you want to put on some size especially while being on gear.
The idea with making a mini cut for like a week to give the gut a little bit of rest is a good idea tho.

Sure. The more calories the better. Whatever you need to keep growing. But no need to overdo it, where it starts rapidly spilling over to fat.

But being on a continuous surplus for 6 months, ... We're all just hobbyists here with career's, life's outside of the gym. You're 22, you night have different priorities.

Anyway, give your metabolism a break and you'll be more able to bulk. It's not healthy (from multitude of reasons) to be on a continuous energy surplus for such a long time. Going in to a slight deficit for a week, or two, you'd be amazed how helpful it is for appetite.

Sure. The more calories the better. Whatever you need to keep growing. But no need to overdo it, where it starts rapidly spilling over to fat.

But being on a continuous surplus for 6 months, ... We're all just hobbyists here with career's, life's outside of the gym. You're 22, you night have different priorities.

Anyway, give your metabolism a break and you'll be more able to bulk. It's not healthy (from multitude of reasons) to be on a continuous energy surplus for such a long time. Going in to a slight deficit for a week, or two, you'd be amazed how helpful it is for appetite.
Yeah absolutely but I won’t go near a calorie amount where I get unnecessarily fat. I’ll probably be in the 4000-4300 amount at the end of the bulk.

Yeah absolutely but I won’t go near a calorie amount where I get unnecessarily fat. I’ll probably be in the 4000-4300 range.
And yeah as I said before taking a bulking break once a while to give your gut some rest is a technique that I’ve used before. It’s also a relief for the mind when you can chill for half a week or even a week.

Sponsors

Back