My first homebrew results

No shit? About time.
I did some different methods to speed up syringe filtering and able to do 20-25 vials an hour of syringe filtering.

I purchased 3 different filters from medical websites to trial it.

One is actually connected to extension tubing.

I still need to do a better write up on capping etc.

Last edited:
I did some different methods to speed up syringe filtering and able to do 20-25 vials an hour of syringe filtering.

I purchased 3 different filters from medical websites to trial it.

One is actually connected to extension tubing.

I still need to do a better write up on capping etc.
Which filters?

I just bought some bothle top ptfe sterile coring brand. I am nervous to try them out because I've never used bottletop filters before. Only syringe filters. I'm afraid of fucking up and messing up my brew

Which filters?

I just bought some bothle top ptfe sterile coring brand. I am nervous to try them out because I've never used bottletop filters before. Only syringe filters. I'm afraid of fucking up and messing up my brew
I used whatman 0.2

I used some Chinese ones 33mm 0.2 micron as well. Filters super fast, just a little uneasy cause it's Chinese. I don't notice anything breaking. Especially with mct.... it flows out like water

I hAve some test U In castor that I am waiting results on

I used whatman 0.2

I used some Chinese ones 33mm 0.2 micron as well. Filters super fast, just a little uneasy cause it's Chinese. I don't notice anything breaking. Especially with mct.... it flows out like water

I re filtered Qingdao Sigma Chemicals domestic primo with a whatman and it was a fast stream, very nice to filter.

I bought some Chinese ones too, I haven't tried them. Biomed scientific on Amazon.

I don't know how hot to make my mct oil on a bottletop filter and how much pressure I set the pump to. I'm really afraid of messing it up so I might keep using syringe filters

I re filtered Qingdao Sigma Chemicals domestic primo with a whatman and it was a fast stream, very nice to filter.

I bought some Chinese ones too, I haven't tried them. Biomed scientific on Amazon.

I don't know how hot to make my mct oil on a bottletop filter and how much pressure I set the pump to. I'm really afraid of messing it up so I might keep using syringe filters
I'm hesitant too also. A flow hood is ideal but it's not technically necessary.

I want nice clean vials and would rather be slow as fuck than speed and risk of contamination.

The syringe filters ideal for home brewing unless you know how to rig 5 caulking guns at once.

The media bottle top filters need to be autoclaved too. I guess running BA through it might "sterilize it"(not really) but I'm not gonna take that chance

I'm hesitant too also. A flow hood is ideal but it's not technically necessary.

I want nice clean vials and would rather be slow as fuck than speed and risk of contamination.

The syringe filters ideal for home brewing unless you know how to rig 5 caulking guns at once.

The media bottle top filters need to be autoclaved too. I guess running BA through it might "sterilize it"(not really) but I'm not gonna take that chance
You can buy the bottletop filters sterile and sealed but I know what you mean.

I was thinking of sterilizing glassware in a oven. Then when it's in the media bottled and filtered. Transfer it to sterile vials.

I don't think a flow hood is required. Ive seen a few popular vendors who don't even have one.

You can buy the bottletop filters sterile and sealed but I know what you mean.

I was thinking of sterilizing glassware in a oven. Then when it's in the media bottled and filtered. Transfer it to sterile vials.

I don't think a flow hood is required. Ive seen a few popular vendors who don't even have one.
I think If I ever did get an autoclave and have an enclosed room. I would have 2x 2200 sqft HEPA filter's in a 10x10 room. Mask, hair net.

But that's definitely overkill. Just fun to think about.

I used whatman 0.2

Can you send the link for the chinese one in the pm?
Thanks in adnavce

Sponsors

Latest posts