My TRT/fat loss log

Quick update everyone!

Apologies for the infrequent updates, the last couple weeks have been crazy busy, got my home gym repainted finally and did a few other projects, didn’t even realize it’s been over a week since I posted. Anyways I managed to get myself down to 251.6 but the weight loss is definitely stalling. Been hitting 1600-1800 cals a day, 250-280g protein, and lifting almost every day with 20 minutes cardio. The fatigue was setting in so I took a cheat meal last night and feel loads better today thankfully! Also upped my TRT dose to 150mg MWF, the more frequent dosing seems to be helping a lot more with troughs and overall energy/drive. Hoping to get into the 240’s next week, then probably take a maintenance break for a few months and attempt to recomp. No progress pics at the moment but I’ll try and grab some tonight after my arm workout!

Hey! Just wanted to update again and get some opinions from you all.

So I weighed in at 251 this morning, slashed my calories to around 1600 per day after doing a brief refeed over the weekend. I’d really like to get to 245 or even 240 before doing a maintenance period but curious if you guys think now would be the right time to switch back to maintenance? Or even 2500 cals just a minor deficit for a little while?

I was also considering running more of a “cut stack” like Test P and Mast P at 150:50 or even 200:100, I know I’ve seen some threads on adding Mast or Primo during a cut (iirc Scruff used primo during his cut) and was curious if any of you guys have experience with either or would recommend one over the other.

Still hoping to get to 249.9 by Sunday so hopefully I’ll be updating with good news then!

So I weighed in at 251 this morning, slashed my calories to around 1600 per day after doing a brief refeed over the weekend. I’d really like to get to 245 or even 240 before doing a maintenance period but curious if you guys think now would be the right time to switch back to maintenance? Or even 2500 cals just a minor deficit for a little while?

I was also considering running more of a “cut stack” like Test P and Mast P at 150:50 or even 200:100, I know I’ve seen some threads on adding Mast or Primo during a cut (iirc Scruff used primo during his cut) and was curious if any of you guys have experience with either or would recommend one over the other.

Still hoping to get to 249.9 by Sunday so hopefully I’ll be updating with good news then!
June 14th 251.6
June 20th 251

Constructive criticism pal, you’re doing something wrong or not telling us everything. With your low calories and exercising you should be losing a lot more than .6lbs a week at your weight still.

What’s your 20 mins of cardio ? I’d suggest incline of 5, walk 3mph on treadmill for 45 mins.

Also circuit training with weights. Get a jump rope too !!! You’ll see the scale move.

Keep at it tho, following and cheering for ya

June 14th 251.6
June 20th 251

Constructive criticism pal, you’re doing something wrong or not telling us everything. With your low calories and exercising you should be losing a lot more than .6lbs a week at your weight still.

What’s your 20 mins of cardio ? I’d suggest incline of 5, walk 3mph on treadmill for 45 mins.

Also circuit training with weights. Get a jump rope too !!! You’ll see the scale move.

Keep at it tho, following and cheering for ya
Yeah the only things I can think of are: I ran back up closer to maintenance over the weekend, and went a little over on carbohydrates one day (normally having 30-50g, on Sunday I had 176g of carbs, was still under on calories) so I’m hoping that might be the reason I haven’t lost a whole lot this week? Frustrating to see the scale move this little though especially on such a huge deficit. Other than that I can’t think of anything, everything I eat is weighed and tracked (condiments and toppings included).

As far as cardio I have a fan bike that I use, typically shoot for around 3 miles a day on that and 9 miles on cardio day keeping my heart rate around 130-150bpm. I do circuit training right now and I like that a lot, typically I’ll superset the same muscle group and then hit the bike for a minute then rest for a minute (ex. Incline chest flys to 1 rep from failure, incline DB bench to failure, one minute bike one minute rest). I don’t have a jump rope though that’s a really good idea! I’ll pick one up!

Also I was 250.2 this morning, hoping I can squeeze out a shit before work and hit my 249 goal lol. Thanks for the advice!

This big of a deficit is not something you can sustain for a long time, anything less 2000kcal for a non competitive bber for me it's too much, unless you're 160 pounds and you wanna go 150, but at your weight it's ok for a final push, for couple weeks but not any further.

There's no meaning after a point..so now your thyroid hormones are probably downregulated, where are you going after this? At 1350kcal? In my opinion it's time to pull the plug and start reversing your diet.

Build up your metabolism again so you can fire away from higher calories and then go to a deficit.

I know it sucks, first hand..as i've already told you when you made the thread and also because i'm in the exact same spot as we speak. I'm on 2350kcal for over a month and i've lost 2 maybe 3 pounds, with sometimes 3 cardio session a day, plus AAS, plus fat burners. I have 2 weeks left and thinking to go down to 2000 all in all just in case i can lose some more but that's it for now. I wish i had better results in terms of bodyfat loss but it is what it is..next time you'll start from a better spot, one day you'll reach your final goal, it's not the end of the world if it goes a little further, what it means the most is you are determined to change your life.

This big of a deficit is not something you can sustain for a long time, anything less 2000kcal for a non competitive bber for me it's too much, unless you're 160 pounds and you wanna go 150, but at your weight it's ok for a final push, for couple weeks but not any further.

There's no meaning after a point..so now your thyroid hormones are probably downregulated, where are you going after this? At 1350kcal? In my opinion it's time to pull the plug and start reversing your diet.

Build up your metabolism again so you can fire away from higher calories and then go to a deficit.

I know it sucks, first hand..as i've already told you when you made the thread and also because i'm in the exact same spot as we speak. I'm on 2350kcal for over a month and i've lost 2 maybe 3 pounds, with sometimes 3 cardio session a day, plus AAS, plus fat burners. I have 2 weeks left and thinking to go down to 2000 all in all just in case i can lose some more but that's it for now. I wish i had better results in terms of bodyfat loss but it is what it is..next time you'll start from a better spot, one day you'll reach your final goal, it's not the end of the world if it goes a little further, what it means the most is you are determined to change your life.
Fair enough! I agree the sub 2000 cals is not sustainable long term, I’ll probably continue on until the end of this month, see how much I can lose and then bump the cals back up either to maintenance (~3100 cals) or just run a slight deficit at 2700. I’m hoping at my body fat I can recomp if I’m closer to maintenance and continue some fat loss at least even if it’s .2lbs a week or something.

I agree it’s tough to pull the plug and reverse diet but like you said it is what it is at some point and it’s not worth cutting the cals any further, there’s pretty much zero wiggle room in my current diet after getting proteins and fats in. And sustainability is much more important.

Thank you for the advice again, I really do appreciate it. I’m still hoping I can get to 249.9 this week, I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated with some progress pics!

You're welcome brother.

and then bump the cals back up either to maintenance (~3100 cals) or just run a slight deficit at 2700.

Be careful, this is not gonna work. Even if you find your actual maintenance (although every day is totally different) 200 above or below, you won't notice a thing. There's no point to be in a deficit even if it's a slight one, in your case i would rather be 200 above than below, because that's the only way to speed up your metabolism and let you going.

Just make sure to not hop on 3100 straight away, better do this in 3 weeks. First week add 500, second 500 and third 500. I'm 99% sure the first couple weeks you'll see some drop in weight too from your metabolism firing back. First few days might have a slight increase from carbs and water but then most possibly some loss will continue.

You're welcome brother.

Be careful, this is not gonna work. Even if you find your actual maintenance (although every day is totally different) 200 above or below, you won't notice a thing. There's no point to be in a deficit even if it's a slight one, in your case i would rather be 200 above than below, because that's the only way to speed up your metabolism and let you going.

Just make sure to not hop on 3100 straight away, better do this in 3 weeks. First week add 500, second 500 and third 500. I'm 99% sure the first couple weeks you'll see some drop in weight too from your metabolism firing back. First few days might have a slight increase from carbs and water but then most possibly some loss will continue.
Okay for sure I definitely will make a point to be at or slightly above maintenance then and make sure to increase the cals slowly. That would be sweet to see a drop in weight as I go back up in calories. I know the number on the scale isn’t most important but still nice to see lol. I watched the Mike Israetel video you mentioned in a previous reply about dieting so I’m thinking shoot for a 10-12 week maintenance phase once July comes around and hopefully get back to cutting after that.

Thanks again for the advice

Drop the bike, incline treadmill is where it’s at 45 mins !!! Stick to it and watch the scale drop daily.
Ugh I would love to haha I like the incline treadmill weirdly enough. Might have to look at going back to my old gym I guess. Currently lifting at my home gym and all I have is a bike which is nice, but it’s no incline treadmill or stair master