Myostatin Inhibitors, current drug development pipeline (Graphic).

BuildABro

I was DM'd about this many times yesterday when I brought them up, so here is a simple chart showing where pharma stands as of now. These drugs have been the dream of bodybuilders for decades and it does appear they will come to fruition in the next 2-3 years.

The major drawback is that the drugs that currently show the most promise are also those administered by IV injection.

Myos.webp

Super interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'll have to look into Bima and Apite, what would you say makes them so promising that BB's have been waiting decades for them?

I thought the last one, Azelaprag, was one showing promise, in conjuction with glps, to reduce muscle loss.
And it is oral.
Ghoul and I had an exchange about this on another thread.
The study for this is at an advanced stage.
I imagine this may be the one that is of least interest to you.
But it would probably be the one with the widest application

I thought the last one, Azelaprag, was one showing promise, in conjuction with glps, to reduce muscle loss.
And it is oral.
Ghoul and I had an exchange about this on another thread.
The study for this is at an advanced stage.
I imagine this may be the one that is of least interest to you.
But it would probably be the one with the widest application

From a pharma standpoint, people like me are pretty much irrelevant anyway. Fat people are the bread and butter, which is why Eli Lilly is likely to have a trillion dollar market cap soon.

That said, these types of drugs would certainly find their way into the hands of body builders eventually. They always do.

If and when things progress to the point a physique can be engineered via a series of injections, with infusions of the necessary nutrients, it would be interesting to see how many never spend another minute pushing weight when the end goal without effort is possible. (almost all is my guess).

I was DM'd about this many times yesterday when I brought them up, so here is a simple chart showing where pharma stands as of now. These drugs have been the dream of bodybuilders for decades and it does appear they will come to fruition in the next 2-3 years.

The major drawback is that the drugs that currently show the most promise are also those administered by IV injection.

View attachment 298533

I remember 20+ years ago taking OTC myostatin inhibitors, I think from red algae. Then came epicatechin. (of course they didn't work)

The studies on bimagrumab look good but sitting for an IV drip a few hours every week make it less palatable.

Rumors of myostatin CRISPR [or something] abound. Seems more convenient and possibly local treatment of lagging muscle parts. Didn't work for some anti-aging guy who administered it to his forearm but who knows.

I remember 20+ years ago taking OTC myostatin inhibitors, I think from red algae. Then came epicatechin. (of course they didn't work)

The studies on bimagrumab look good but sitting for an IV drip a few hours every week make it less palatable.

Rumors of myostatin CRISPR [or something] abound. Seems more convenient and possibly local treatment of lagging muscle parts. Didn't work for some anti-aging guy who administered it to his forearm but who knows.
The drug class has fascinated me from the moment I saw the knockout mice and the "double muscle" cattle.

Yes, the IV infusion is arduous, but perhaps a less invasive route of admin is possible at some point? Unfortunately I do not understand the science enough to comment more intelligently.

If and when things progress to the point a physique can be engineered via a series of injections, with infusions of the necessary nutrients, it would be interesting to see how many never spend another minute pushing weight when the end goal without effort is possible. (almost all is my guess).

Idk.
I think the gym environment will evolve, like / along with everything else.
But it is not going to die.
We are made to move.
And everything can always be improved/perfected, even with your magical muscle jab, I am sure.

Idk.
I think the gym environment will evolve, like / along with everything else.
But it is not going to die.
We are made to move.
And everything can always be improved/perfected, even with your magical muscle jab, I am sure.
Some of us, you know, actually enjoy working out too.

Some of us, you know, actually enjoy working out too.

Well, yeah, he may be right, to a certain extent.

Training and movement are not body building.
Even with injectable biceps you will need to move to stay functional and relatively healthy, in any case.
Exercise will become specific to the individual and their genetics, needs and capabilities (there is a lot already happening).
But the idea of movement and engagement in training is going nowhere, just changing with the times, like everything else.

Ghoul: - I might be wrong - :)

Well, yeah, he may be right, to a certain extent.

Training and movement are not body building.
Even with injectable biceps you will need to move to stay functional and relatively healthy, in any case.
Exercise will become specific to the individual and their genetics, needs and capabilities (there is a lot already happening).
But the idea of movement and engagement in training is going nowhere, just changing with the times, like everything else.

Ghoul: - I might be wrong - :)
There might be a rather large cohort of people that would sit on the asses all day, every day if they could inject something that would allow them to and not be a disgusting land whale.

However, some of us workout because we enjoy it and it’s a deeply ingrained part of who we are. If you took away training and nutrition I would be lost and my life would lose a significant amount of it’s purpose.

From a public health standpoint, I am quite happy drugs exist for fat people who are unwilling to put in any work or effort. Rates of chronic disease are out of control. But none of that changes a thing for those of us who put our heart and soul into training. This forum exists because of people who champion this mindset.

There might be a rather large cohort of people that would sit on the asses all day, every day if they could inject something that would allow them to and not be a disgusting land whale.

However, some of us workout because we enjoy it and it’s a deeply ingrained part of who we are. If you took away training and nutrition I would be lost and my life would lose a significant amount of it’s purpose.

From a public health standpoint, I am quite happy drugs exist for fat people who are unwilling to put in any work or effort. Rates of chronic disease are out of control. But none of that changes a thing for those of us who put our heart and soul into training. This forum exists because of people who champion this mindset.

Listen, you read Ghoul's post, he is only speculating (probably for a bit of provocation and entertainment) about what may happen, if the type of drugs YOU are interested in ever see the light of day and get adopted.
It's nothing serious

Listen, you read Ghoul's post, he is only speculating (probably for a bit of provocation and entertainment) about what may happen, if the type of drugs YOU are interested in ever see the light of day and get adopted.
It's nothing serious
Actually I didn’t read his post. He has long been on my ignore list.

Back