New member. Hello!

Dozerpush1437

Good morning! I’m a new member here looking to fix my health situation, get stronger, and enjoy life a little more.

I’m 40 years old and currently weigh 304 pounds. I was prescribed Wegovy 7 months ago. I started out at 390 pounds. In 7 months with diet, exercise, and Wegovy I have dropped 86 pounds.

My diet is clean. It was difficult to change, but I feel so much better now. My training has consisted of kettlebells 5 days a week and treadmill cardio 6-7 days a week. I recently purchased a power rack, so I’ll be moving to using that a few days a week. I’m going to do the Phraks Greyskull LP. I’ve never followed a program like that before. I’m excited to see how it goes.

I have an extensive history with lifting weights, but I dropped off in my late 20’s. I battled a terrible opiate addiction for several years. My testosterone was at a 123 with free T at 2.4 when I quit using. I have been clean for 9 years. I am currently at 416 testosterone and 8.1 free T. I have never used anabolics or been on TRT.

I’m really excited about this opportunity to learn from you guys. I am considering TRT, although I’m not sure a DR would prescribe it at my current levels.

@Ghoul I have been reading some of your posts regarding semaglutide. Do you think at my current weight it would be worthwhile to pursue a cycle or trt? After doing some reading on here I worry about my body fat causing excessive aromatization. I’m 6ft tall and 300ish pounds.

I am currently doing treadmill cardio 20-30 minutes 6-7 days a week depending on how much time I have. Weight training 3 days a week. I’d like to bump it up to 4 days a week, but recovery is slow currently.

Thanks for your help.

Imo tou should bump that cardio up to 45-60 minutes a day at a minimum.. what does your diet look like? Are tou in a caloric deficit? How much of a deficit.

Good morning! Thanks for the reply. My diet is clean. I ate like shit sitting in a bulldozer all day for several years.

At this point I’m eating lean proteins, fruits, vegetables. I’m eating 3 meals a day. Each meal contains 6-8 oz of lean protein, half a cup of heavy fiber vegetables, and a cup of berries. I drink a premier protein shake and Greek yogurt for breakfast. I have a scoop of whey protein and milk for a snack later in the day. This has been consistently putting me at around 180 grams of protein a day, 100ish grams of carbs, and varying fats depending on whether I’m eating salmon/full fat dairy. I track everything via MyFitnessPal. I do my best to track, it’s really helped with accountability.

When I started semaglutide I was only eating 1200 calories a day. I lost weight like crazy, but I also lost some muscle mass. I bumped the calories and protein way up. I feel a lot better now. I’m currently between 1500-1600 a day now. The weight loss has slowed, 2ish pounds a week, but I feel a lot better. I think I’m in a 1000 calorie deficit most days. I’m coming up with the deficit by multiplying my goal weight (220) by 12. I have a hard time eating much more because of the semaglutide.

I will try and bump the cardio up. I am currently on a pretty tough project. Leaving the house at 5am and getting home around 7pm. Having a hard time fitting everything in. Currently lifting weights 3 times a week. I’m doing Phraks Greyskull LP. I would like to lift more, but I am not recovering very fast.

Thanks again for the reply. Sorry for the wall of text.

Well hell an ole bulldozer operator huh! That's what's up!! I'm a finish operator myself... atm I'm loading shot rock with a 385..same boat with the hrs... good job on deciding to take control of your fitness. Was a drug addict for years myself as well.. hang in there your doing great.. short on time atm.. peace

I wish we were in shot rock. This project is all ripping rock and feeding a couple loading tools. Good times. Thanks for the kind words. It feels good to be getting this under control.