New member, what’s up Meso!

Panterra Noir

What’s up gang,

I’m a 28 year old from the US and have been training for about 15 years. I was a D1 collegiate athlete and have been an on-again/off-again powerlifter.

Now I’m a certified strength and conditioning coach (CSCS) who’s looking to dabble in some bodybuilding after a lifetime of chasing mainly strength goals.

Cutting currently so I’ve lost a fair bit of strength but here’s my 1RMs as of this week:

Squat: 425
Bench: 315
Deadlift: 515

I’ve got a degree in Kinesiology and love fitness! I stand 6’3 (191cm) and I’m currently 245 lbs as of this morning. I’ve been on a cut for a while due to gaining serious COVID weight. This January I was as high as 280 and am aiming to get down to ~205 before starting my first cycle.

I had a DEXA done at 260 and clocked in at 23% body fat. I also had some bloods done via Labcorp even though I don't plan to cycle until I'm ~10% BF.

Cholesterol: 153mg/dL
Triglycerides: 57mg/dL
HDL: 51mg/dL
LDL: 90mg/dL
VLDL: 12mg/dL

Test: 792ng/dL

I’m just looking to learn from everyone on this board and get a better idea of how to run safe cycles. Excited to actually post and not just lurk!

Attachments

• Dexa1.jpg
    Dexa1.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Dexa2.jpg
    Dexa2.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Dexa3.jpg
    Dexa3.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Do you have any threads or logs that you've followed that you found helpful outside of stickies?
For PL @Perrin Aybara is a good one... Outside PL direct anything @Demondosage has done is a solid read. Same goes for @malfeasance

There is a wealth of info here. Really sort of depends what you are looking for.

There were some other folks that don't have accounts anymore for one reason or another as well... lot of history on the board even during my short tenure.

For PL @Perrin Aybara is a good one... Outside PL direct anything @Demondosage has done is a solid read. Same goes for @malfeasance

There is a wealth of info here. Really sort of depends what you are looking for.

There were some other folks that don't have accounts anymore for one reason or another as well... lot of history on the board even during my short tenure.
That’s super helpful, I appreciate you taking the time to list some!

As for goals I’m planning on only really doing Test cycles. I’d like to build some mass in a few out of proportion areas - chest and core mainly. Given my base of lean mass, I don’t really feel I need to pack on too much to be satisfied with my physique.

I’m sure a lot of newbies feel the same before their first cycle, but I’m trying to enter it with modest expectations you know?