new prep coach

joe barnes

working with new coach really like but this diet kinda different....what you guys think.?..never seen this way of dieting but she swears by this approach

Fat Burning Diet (approximately 2600 calories)
Meal #1 8 oz lean beef or turkey, 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1 grapefruit
Meal #2 Protein Drink: 2 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tbsp healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream Meal 3 8 oz chicken or turkey breast (weighed prior to cooking), 2 cups vegetables
Meal #4 Protein Drink: 2 scoop Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tbsp healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, add enough water to make a shake or pudding the consistency you desire. Whole Food Option: 6 oz can tuna or 5 oz. chicken; 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg; 1 tomato
Meal #5 10 oz lean meat (chicken, turkey, fish, 93% or leaner beef, etc.), 4 cups salad (lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber, green peppers, etc.), 2 tbsp vinegar and oil dressing
meal #6 Protein Drink: 2 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tbsp healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Monday and Thursday: As a 6th meal: 1.5 cups oatmeal (precooked) or cooked rice, 10 oz sweet potato, medium banana, 1 cup vegetables, 1 tbsp butter, almond butter or oil at the end of the day.

Odd to have a coach rely so much on powders rather than whole foods. Also big difference between 10oz fish and 10oz lean beef...

Looks like a coach that sells "Ultimate Muscle Protein" on the side trying to make extra money off of their clients lol.

Looks like a regular diet with alternatives to use the supplements they pimp.. also, "fat burning diet" isnt a thing, its about calorie balance. If the coach makes it sound like that i would question their legitimacy.

Odd to have a coach rely so much on powders rather than whole foods. Also big difference between 10oz fish and 10oz lean beef...
Eh not really. She could have instructed to always eat white fish (e.g., tilapia) and >96% lean beef, fairly comparable (good enough for government work, but perhaps not for orthorexics). A couple protein shakes throughout the day is pretty standard for fat loss.

working with new coach really like but this diet kinda different....what you guys think.?..never seen this way of dieting but she swears by this approach

Fat Burning Diet (approximately 2600 calories)
Meal #1 8 oz lean beef or turkey, 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1 grapefruit
Meal #2 Protein Drink: 2 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tbsp healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream Meal 3 8 oz chicken or turkey breast (weighed prior to cooking), 2 cups vegetables
Meal #4 Protein Drink: 2 scoop Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tbsp healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, add enough water to make a shake or pudding the consistency you desire. Whole Food Option: 6 oz can tuna or 5 oz. chicken; 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg; 1 tomato
Meal #5 10 oz lean meat (chicken, turkey, fish, 93% or leaner beef, etc.), 4 cups salad (lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber, green peppers, etc.), 2 tbsp vinegar and oil dressing
meal #6 Protein Drink: 2 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 1 tbsp healthy fat (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Monday and Thursday: As a 6th meal: 1.5 cups oatmeal (precooked) or cooked rice, 10 oz sweet potato, medium banana, 1 cup vegetables, 1 tbsp butter, almond butter or oil at the end of the day.
What's her rationale for Monday & Thursday nighttime meals without any protein for fat loss? What's her rationale for her particular protein powder recommendation? What's your rationale for working with a female coach? What's your rationale for following such a boilerplate prescription (I'd prefer a template and strategies & tactics, using foods I prefer).

Looks like a coach that sells "Ultimate Muscle Protein" on the side trying to make extra money off of their clients lol.

Looks like a regular diet with alternatives to use the supplements they pimp.. also, "fat burning diet" isnt a thing, its about calorie balance. If the coach makes it sound like that i would question their legitimacy.
It's true, I had the same thoughts. Some bullshit they want to sell?

Eh not really. She could have instructed to always eat white fish (e.g., tilapia) and >96% lean beef, fairly comparable (good enough for government work, but perhaps not for orthorexics). A couple protein shakes throughout the day is pretty standard for fat loss.
I don't know, protein shakes are always more appetizing to me. If you take an isolate and stir with water.