Niacin and cholesterol

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by rubisean, Sep 11, 2019.

1. rubisean

rubisean Member

It says low flush, if full flush is better I will order that too... y'all let me know.

Oregongearhead likes this.
  2. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

The flushing is what helps bring the cholesterol back into balance, so you definitely want full flush.

3. rubisean

rubisean Member

Thanks ogh, I have bloods scheduled for the end of October.

4. rubisean

rubisean Member

Thanks man, I will order full flush.

T-Bagger and Oregongearhead like this.
  5. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Keep us updated!

6. IncorrectName

IncorrectName Member

Good luck my boy.

7. rubisean

rubisean Member

Ok, so I have been on this protocol of niacin, red yeast rice and co q 10 few days.

Today I am all busted out in almost hive like patches, is this normal and will it subside overtime even if I continue?

8. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

I can’t speak to the hives. You may want to try a process of elimination and see which is causing which.

rubisean likes this.
  9. dd340

dd340 Junior Member

The flushing should only last for about 30 mins or so. Then it will subside. If it’s longer than that you might be having a different reaction

T-Bagger likes this.
  10. rubisean

rubisean Member

It went away after about an hour and a half.
    I took my second dose about an hour ago and all seems fine.
    Thanks

T-Bagger likes this.
  11. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Was it the pins & needles fire feeling?

12. rubisean

rubisean Member

Yeah, I am digging that no problem.
    It was the red patches that showed up all over that was weird.
    Maybe just acclimation....

T-Bagger likes this.
  13. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

It could definitely be acclimation. Maybe try it again and see what happens. I turned red but never had the patches or hives. If it happens again, I’d try each one by one and see what is causing it. That flushing is a rush, is it not?

rubisean likes this.
  14. rubisean

rubisean Member

Yeah, I like it but also like bee stings...
    I am weird like that.

T-Bagger likes this.
  15. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Can’t handle bee stings but something about that flush lol.

16. Avies48

Avies48 Member

U sound like me circa 10 yrs ago.... Still got a script, siiilllll trying to get that ldl below 177...... Almost time for me to statin up.....

17. Avies48

Avies48 Member

I tried a few niacins might have to give em a go again.... Red yeast rice i believe defiets the purpose as older formulations where in fact a statin, newer forms have that molecule removed...

18. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Says who? Dont mistake me as an advocate for statins, but I feel like this comment is disingenuous. So, either back this comment up or walk it back, sir.

19. jJjburton

jJjburton Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

This is what my doctor told me.....The one that scripted the statins to me. "Once you start, your cholesterol will be good, but when you stop it will go down" Meaning you should take them forever. Just like meds like T4 or Test. They are usually life long meds. EDIT "SOME" Doctors are not the smartest but scared me away from the statins.

Oregongearhead and rugerjitsu like this.
  20. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Okay, word. I just think unless your problem is genetics/hereditary, then it can be controlled by diet. Most people are too lazy to change their lifestyle, so yeah...they'll be staying on statins. But, I bet there's people that have changed their lifestyle/food habits and have not needed statins anymore.

I just started statins after having tried to better my diet for the past two years, and it's still yo-yo'd between the low 200's and almost 300. I've held my doctor off until recently...I hate that I have to take them, but at 42, i'm not trying to stroke out any time soon.

rpbb, Avies48 and jJjburton like this.