Oldschool’s Old Man Training Thread

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Oldschool, Sep 14, 2020.

1. I have recently adopted the practice of twice a day workouts , usually legs morning and chest/triceps evening or just a few hours later . The other day is back morning and biceps later on . I like it , its probably been 3 or 4 months Ive been doing this and I feel it allows me the energy to hit all the exercises with equal gusto. Maybe try it sometime if you feel your not hitting the exercises like you used to this helps....~Ogh :D

Btcowboy and Oldschool like this.
  2. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Finally some action in my thread. Lol. I’ve done that style training also. I also like to incorporate the frequency method. Say it’s chest day. I will do push ups every hour. All day long. Then in the evening have my normal chest workout. Or have the workout in the morning and keep that pump going all day long by hitting the pushups on the hour. You can make this style training work for all body parts. Good stuff!

Oregongearhead likes this.
  3. Shock treatment is a great way to awake some sleeping muscles...I took Dr.Jim Stoppani"s 50/50 Challenge a couple months ago doing 50 reps in the morning and 50 at night using 10lb DB's doing standing lateral flyes (you can choose any exercise). Thats 50 reps without stopping so you got to pick a really lite weight . The 25th is my last day . 60 days DONE . Its been real and I see/feel the difference, check it out...

50-50 Method At-Home Challenge

Oldschool likes this.
  4. My next 50/50 Challenge will be a empty 45lb Olympic bar for barbell curls , 50 reps in the morning 50 at night for 60 days . I tryed the other night and by 40 reps I was in pain so its gonna be great ;)

5. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Sounds like “FUN” OGH! :D
    Going to give it a go. Going to do squats as my exercise. Lord help me. :)

6. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Thanks for the post. Love doing / trying different things. Keeps it interesting.

7. Better go lite !....:rolleyes:
    You"ll figure it out...:p

Oldschool likes this.
  8. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Haha. Looking forward to it. Blood, puke, spit and piss are all welcome in my “gym” so let’s get this party started. Lol.

Btcowboy and Oregongearhead like this.
  9. You might do all 4 of those by the time you finish the 50/50 Challenge , especially squats . :eek:
    Its also an exercise in discipline , Dr.Jim loves to talk about discipline (ex GI you know)

Btcowboy likes this.
  10. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

I didn’t recall his name but I recognized him when I checked out the link you posted. I wonder if you could do two excercises. Like squats and say bench press. And call that my workout for two months? I’m thinking about trying that. Those are the two body parts that I need to improve the most. What do you think?

11. If you think you have the energy go for it....it is taxing after a while . I would choose 2 muscle groups at the opposite end of each other , like squats & benches . 50 squats in the morning , small break then 50 bench presses .
    Remember your suppose to keep the same workout schedule you had before and doing it in addition to the 50/50 which in your case would be 100 morning/100 evening . You might even want to PM Dr.Jim and ask him about doing 100/100 instead ? :mad:

Oldschool likes this.
  12. Villain

Villain Member

Funny you bring this up. I’ve been seeing some Jeff Cavaliere videos talking specifically about rear delts and how important they are to be built up.

Oldschool and Test_Subject like this.
  13. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Yea now that I rethink that and remember about keeping your regular workout going I’m thinking just squats. Lol.