Oxygen Absorbers and Dessicants When Storing Raws

Pantera

I am looking to store test cyp raws for a very long time (a few decades). I've decided on putting the raws in a mylar bag with oxygen absorbers and heat sealing, then putting that bag itself into a larger mylar bag with more oxygen absorbers, just incase a leak ever develops in the smaller bag, and heat sealing the larger bag. Then I plan on placing it in a plastic food bucket and putting it in the freezer. I will be opening it every couple years to brew a couple years worth of gear at a time.

Any way, my question is about dessicants. I am reading online that when placing dessicants in the same packaging as oxygen absorbers, dessicants should be placed at the bottom, then the "food" (gear) on top, then the oxygen absorbers at the very top. This is because oxygen absorbers require a bit of moisture to stay activated. I am also reading that certain dry foods such as flour shouldn't be stored with dessicants because the lack of moisture will cause it to turn it into a hard brick.

I know moisture is generally bad for gear, but are the dessicants necessary? I don't want to fuck the gear up by including them, or not including them. I also don't want to fuck up the oxygen absorbers with the dessicants, because that will in turn fuck the gear up.

I am looking to store test cyp raws for a very long time (a few decades). I've decided on putting the raws in a mylar bag with oxygen absorbers and heat sealing, then putting that bag itself into a larger mylar bag with more oxygen absorbers, just incase a leak ever develops in the smaller bag, and heat sealing the larger bag. Then I plan on placing it in a plastic food bucket and putting it in the freezer. I will be opening it every couple years to brew a couple years worth of gear at a time.

Any way, my question is about dessicants. I am reading online that when placing dessicants in the same packaging as oxygen absorbers, dessicants should be placed at the bottom, then the "food" (gear) on top, then the oxygen absorbers at the very top. This is because oxygen absorbers require a bit of moisture to stay activated. I am also reading that certain dry foods such as flour shouldn't be stored with dessicants because the lack of moisture will cause it to turn it into a hard brick.

I know moisture is generally bad for gear, but are the dessicants necessary? I don't want to fuck the gear up by including them, or not including them. I also don't want to fuck up the oxygen absorbers with the dessicants, because that will in turn fuck the gear up.
If its sealed why are you worried about oxygen. I can understand the dessicants but at the same time you are storing it in the freezer which might work better than a dessicant. In the industrial sector they use refrigeration to dehydrated oxygen for pneumatic airlines. It is also known that your ac unit in your house (which uses refrigerant) naturally dehumidifies your home

I see nothing wrong with what you e proposed but I also want to say that I’ve heard a couple or a few stories of people brewing a batch, then storing and on the next brew the same test E have them PiP that wasn’t present in the first batch, improper Storing? Maybe I don’t know, just parroting something I’ve seen a couple of times.

If its sealed why are you worried about oxygen. I can understand the dessicants but at the same time you are storing it in the freezer which might work better than a dessicant.

About the oxygen, it's to remove the oxygen that would be present in the bag after sealing.

And about the dessicants, it's to remove any moisture in the bag that would be present after sealing. Also, I am not sure if test raws naturally have moisture absorbed? This is my first time buying raws so I don't have experience with this.

I see nothing wrong with what you e proposed but I also want to say that I’ve heard a couple or a few stories of people brewing a batch, then storing and on the next brew the same test E have them PiP that wasn’t present in the first batch, improper Storing? Maybe I don’t know, just parroting something I’ve seen a couple of times.

Yeah I've seen posts saying that too, but I'm hoping the test cyp is different.

Another thought - anyone ever dehydrate their raws, using a food dehydrator for example, before sealing?
Dude, no need to fuck around with heat here. Use a food bagger to remove the air for the bag and heat seal it. If super-paranoid, double bag it on the outside then put it in the freezer. Your shit is fine. There aren't enough mols of either oxygen or water in those raws to do shit.

The chemistry simply doesn't have enough reagents to begin with and being in the freezer essentially stops (slows really but fuck it) any reactions for these simple sorts of things. Testosterone is vastly simpler (chemically speaking) than a t-bone.

Back