RAWS Testing

It's oxygen that degraded the raws that's why it's needed to vacuum seal and put oxygen absorber in there?

Thing is that I have some oral raws that I want to cap and use them in the next 3 years or so. Should I vacum seal them and cap as needed or they won't degrade by sitting in a capsule in that time frame?

I talked about this. Yes. Ideally use nitrogen gas inside a Mason jar then vaccume seal. That technically the ultimate way to freeze our raws.

@narta @Spaceman Spiff @pipo @DECLAN

This sprayed into Mason jars with vaccume sealed jars the argon will remain and the oxygen will be removed. The argon will be heavier than air and stay in that jar unless you tip it over. Think of it like slightly lighter water. But as long as it remains. Oxygen can not react whatsoever. Throw in moisture absorbers and you're good.1000006935.jpg

Stop trying to overcomplicate stuff.
There's nothing overcomplicated about preservation here. Argon gas is one of the simplest preservation techniques. The wine industry uses it all the time. Just because someone might not think about this or plan this far ahead doesn't mean it's not an additional layer of safety.

Last edited:
There is nothing overcomplicated about preservation here. Aargon gas is some of the most simple preservation techniques. They use this in wine industry all the time. Just because you don't care about this or think this far ahead doesn't mean it's not a different layer to how safe one can be.
Then do it

Argon is an inert noble gas that is denser than air, making it particularly useful for preservation purposes:

It displaces oxygen more effectively than nitrogen, filling spaces more completely due to its higher density
It creates an inert atmosphere that prevents oxidation and chemical reactions

It inhibits microbial growth by removing oxygen that many pathogens need

Comparison to Other Methods
Advantages of Argon
More complete oxygen displacement compared to nitrogen purging

Maintains freshness and quality better than standard nitrogen packaging

Can extend shelf life by 25-50% for some products compared to nitrogen

Does not affect taste or quality of preserved items

Limitations of Other Methods
Moisture absorbers (desiccants) only address humidity, not oxidation

Oxygen absorbers work well but can be depleted over time

Vacuum sealing alone still leaves some residual oxygen

while moisture and oxygen absorbers are useful preservation tools, argon gas offers superior protection against oxidation and can significantly extend shelf life for many sensitive materials and products. Its effectiveness in creating a truly inert atmosphere makes it an excellent choice for preserving high-value or highly reactive raw materials and chemicals.