• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Path to a 500 wilks

Also worked up to a single of 275 on bench. Didn't have any pain in my shoulder and it moved pretty smooth. Let's me feel pretty sure that I still have at least 3 plates in me yet. Lol

Damn
That went up fast brother.
What percentage of your 1RM is 275?
You look like you could throw a lot more weight on that

Damn
That went up fast brother.
What percentage of your 1RM is 275?
You look like you could throw a lot more weight on that

I don't even know what my max really is right now. I haven't tried going "heavy" in months. I have my training max at 325 atm. I'm going to slowly start working up in weight now though. I'm not really looking at putting up anything special at my next meet, even 350-360 would make me happy at this point.

I don't even know what my max really is right now. I haven't tried going "heavy" in months. I have my training max at 325 atm. I'm going to slowly start working up in weight now though. I'm not really looking at putting up anything special at my next meet, even 350-360 would make me happy at this point.

True enough
I'd be VERY happy with a 350 Bench lol

Especially considering I have about 20lbs of weight more than you on my frame lol

Workout today was,

4x3 paused tempo squats @ 365lbs
x3 deadlift @ 585lbs
3x3 deadlifts @ 495lbs
3x10 snatch grip rdl
3x10 t-bar rows
3x15 shrugs
4x12 SS cable curls and tricep pushdowns

Workout today was,

4x3 squats @ 455lbs
4x5 paused bench @ 245lbs
3x5 floor press
3x12 wide grip seated row
4x12-15 SS upright rows and lateral raise
3x12, 1xamrap. arm blaster curls
3x12, 1xamrap. French press

Didn't even want to do the first set of squats let alone all four of the fuckers. Lol. Moved all the reps though without any grinders. Bench felt really good, didn't even have pain on the unrack. Put a good 150 miles on the bike yesterday and burned the shit out of my shoulders so there was technically some shoulder pain during bench. Lol

Weight today was 195.8

Workout was,

4x6 squats @ 365lbs
4x5 deadlifts @ 495lbs
3x12 snatch grip rdl
3x8 standing ohp
4x15 Pullups
4x10 T-bar row
4x15 Shrugs
4x15 Cable superset bi's and tri's

Last easy week.. lol. Starting next week all of my squat and deadlift weights will more or less be in lifetime rep PR ranges. Monday I have 420x6 on squats and 460x4 on Thursday. Will probably wait until after this next three week block to start wraps.

Last edited:
Was going to go back to back with volume blocks, but think I might treat this week as more of a deload and getting some shit down at one of my latest crack houses. I'm feeling good physically, but do feel a bit fatigued mentally. Hopefully giving my body a break to catch up will help me with my heavy sets coming up. Lol. 470x3s on squats this block. Then I'll be working up to 545x3(w/wraps) in 4 weeks, and hopefully 605x1(w/wraps) in 6 weeks.

Weight today was 195.2

Workout was,

2x6 squats @ 420lbs
2x8 good mornings
2x8 paused bench @ 225lbs
3x15 pullups
3x15 reverse flies
4x12 as lateral raise and upright rows
4x12 as preacher curls and tricep pushdowns

Going to have to throw ac in the garage. Definitely noticed a difference in strength after sweating a gallon before I even do my first working set. Lol

Weight today was 195.2

Workout was,

2x6 squats @ 420lbs
2x8 good mornings
3x15 pullups
3x15 reverse flies

Going to have to throw ac in the garage. Definitely noticed a difference in strength after sweating a gallon before I even do my first working set. Lol
Bet even it's a battle trying to hold a bar with slick hands lol.

Weight today was 195.2

Workout was,

2x6 squats @ 420lbs
2x8 good mornings
3x15 pullups
3x15 reverse flies

Get up to 80 Degrees there?lol. Get some chalk and drink some water buttercup. Joking, kinda

Get up to 80 Degrees there?lol. Get some chalk and drink some water buttercup. Joking, kinda

Lol. I've been too pampered the last year to like working out in 80°+ weather. The sweat messes up the fabric in my Lululemon leggings. Haha. Joking.... kinda

Workout today was,

2x3 tempo paused squats @ 380lbs
2x5 deadlifts @ 495lbs
2x8 tempo snatch grip rdl @ 315lbs
3x15 pullups
4x15 SS cable curls and tricep pushdowns

Workout today was,

2x6 squats @ 380lbs
2x5 paused bench @ 255lbs
2x5 floor press @ 275lbs
3x15 reverse flies
4x12-15 SS lateral raise and upright rows
4x15 tricep pushdowns

Workout today was,

2x6 squats @ 420lbs
2x8 good mornings
2x5 floor presses @ 275lbs
3x15 pullups
3x15 reverse flies
4x10 SS preacher curls and skull crushers

Workout today was,

2x3 tempo pause squats @ 405lbs
X3 deadlift @ 585lbs
2x3 deadlift @ 495lbs
3x10 snatch grip rdl
4x12 SS lateral raise and upright rows
4x15 SS cable curls and tricep pushdowns

Bar was a bit slippery today. But I guess when it's 90° out and humid af, that'll happen. Ordered a scale today so I can track my weight again. I noticed my waist is a little more tight again, so I doubt I've really gotten above 195 unless I got some really good drugs. Lol.

Last edited:
Workout today was,

2x3 squats @ 470lbs
2x3 2ct paused bench @ 275lbs
2x3 floor presses @ 295lbs
SS 3x15 French press and pullups

Squats were more or less true to the rpe 8 they were supposed to be, first set might've been a 7. Bench cruised with no pain. Definitely had at least 8 reps of 275 in me. Don't know how I've retained so much bench strength considering I believe this is only my second time touching 275 on flat bench in months. Lol.