PEDs and aging

Bigbicep

Hey guys, anyone else notice severe aging when on PEDs I’m on my second cycle and I was looking back at some of my photos and I swear iv aged so much. Not a real problem or anything but do steroids age you permanently or is it just a on cycle thing?

There was such question asked recently.

I notice aging, I think most do who are in their 20's or early 30's. Worst are probably tren and some dhts. Testosterone too, but not as bad. Anavar and Eq are neutral I'd say.

It does reverse after I go on a cruise/trt, usually I need to lower Test to 200mg/week or less to achieve this.

Tldr;
Test 300-600mg I look like I'm 35.
Cruise 200mg or less I look about 30.

On steroids your sebaceous glands (skin oil glands) get larger, making your pores bigger, so skin, especially on the face, looks older. Sebaceous glands also increase in size with age.

You'll see this most clearly on and around your nose.

That reverses somewhat when you come off, but not back to the size they were before.

The only lasting cure is a 4-6 month cycle of accutane, which will permanently shrink sebaceous glands and restore smooth skin.

HGH and tren are the biggest culprits
I click on random wanna-be fitness channels on youtube with low views, of like some 200lb guy and then I go back to their vids 6 months earlier and they aged themselves 5-8 years in one cycle.

I guess some people wanna look tough and old when theyre 20 but that is never something I wanted.

like a 20 year old college boy turned into 27 year old burnout overnight, like they look too old for the broccoli haircut and attitude they still have.

Yes. I went from looking like i’m 19-20 to 38 in a year

The actual SHAPE of my face changed. It’s much longer and wider now. Even when lean and dry I just look much different. When I’m lean I don’t necessarily look “ugly”, actually may look more attractive, but I do look much older

HGH and tren are the biggest culprits
I click on random wanna-be fitness channels on youtube with low views, of like some 200lb guy and then I go back to their vids 6 months earlier and they aged themselves 5-8 years in one cycle.

I guess some people wanna look tough and old when theyre 20 but that is never something I wanted.

like a 20 year old college boy turned into 27 year old burnout overnight, like they look too old for the broccoli haircut and attitude they still have.
The haircut that won’t die. I swear every 20 something in my gym has the same patrick mahomes knockoff hairstyle

AAS for sure can make you age faster. Even though it has it's benefits, like looking jacked, every positive comes with a negative. DHT compounds, and nuking your e2 can speed up aging and make your skin look rough. HGH can make your skin thicker and wrinkles more noticeable too I find. I said it on another post recently but since I stopped pushing it and just use test I look younger and my hair is in better condition.

Without mentioning it to anyone;

Buddy who hadn't seen me for 6 months after starting AAS said I looked "Angry".

Ex did a double take...looked confused, was uncharacteristically submissive.

No more "dance" on the sidewalk with oncoming pedestrians. Path opens up on its own.

I'm sure others here noticed similar changes in the way people interact with them.

This is pretty interesting topic. I’ve noticed exactly zero changes - good or bad - to my facial structure or how old I look.

Did my first cycle at 20 (Winstrol inj only…stupid) and then didn’t touch anything until mid 30’s. I’m in my early 40’s now and I still get carded buying booze. Never got the jaw gainz either.

I do think I look older when running high test but that’s mostly because it makes my face bloat and my skin looks reddish. But goes away when lowered

Testosterone thickens skin and makes it more elastic. While certain changes make young guys appear "older" ( research suggests those are actually "dominance" signals naturally present in males with high testosterone), as you age higher testosterone has an anti-aging effect.

These scientists used a tree extract based topical aromatase inhibitor to induce localized high levels of test that thickened skin. It's an ingredient that's been used in women's cosmetics for some time.

Placebo on the left, topical AI on the right.

IMG_8488.jpeg

i've always looked 10 years younger my whole life , but my own brother told me " bro your looking old", And i do! the lower the bf the older im looking in the face i am getting drawn, bags under my eyes , and just gaunt looking i really do not like this look, i like it when my face is puffier and more healthy looking

I think most guys are just prone to looking older but there are some guys who just don’t age like that even on heavy cycles. Just look at regan grimes he’s got that pretty boy baby face that never goes away even when he’s full blown offseason. Must have a strong genetic component to it