Permanent insomnia - Need help

Henona51

I’ve been on TRT for about a year now (trying to fix insomnia, triggered from NPP) and have been experimenting with different protocols—various esters, dosages (ranging from 50mg to 250mg), with and without HCG/HMG, and injection frequencies (daily, every two, or three days). I’ve also kept a close eye on controlling estradiol, E2, prolactin, cortisol, DHEA, pregnenolone and progesterone levels. Despite all that, I’ve been facing a major issue:

I wake up after 4-5 hours of sleep every single night (I have zero issue to fall asleep) and can’t go back to sleep. This has been going on for months, and I’m beyond exhausted—both physically and mentally. It feels like I haven’t had a proper night’s rest in ages.

I’ve tried everything, from medications like Mirtazapine, Trazodone, Benzos, and a bunch of others, to a ton of supplements: ZMA, L-Theanine, Melatonin, GABA, Glycine, Black Pepper, Ashwagandha, and more that I can’t even remember at this point.

I’ve ruled out sleep apnea through a test, so that’s not it. I’m feeling completely worn out, and I’m honestly at a loss as to what to do next.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with TRT-related sleep issues? How did you manage it? Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

im not an expert right, but todd lee has a video on yt about how to sleep. FOR ME diet plays a role. when i do zero carbs, I dont sleep. You left out info we could use, like do you smoke, stims, pre-workout, when do you work out, watching tv etc.
second would be building a routine before you sleep and follow that daily. Dont lay in bed until youre ready to sleep so mentally your mind knows, its sleep time.
Third, since you tried pharma, this might not help but they have the sleeping peptide, deep rim sleep, or something like that. Its gaining popularity.
I used magnesium before I sleep, I can get you what they attach it to, I just dont remember.
But dosing gh also helps ME to sleep. good luck

I’ve been on TRT for about a year now (trying to fix insomnia, triggered from NPP) and have been experimenting with different protocols—various esters, dosages (ranging from 50mg to 250mg), with and without HCG/HMG, and injection frequencies (daily, every two, or three days). I’ve also kept a close eye on controlling estradiol, E2, prolactin, cortisol, DHEA, pregnenolone and progesterone levels. Despite all that, I’ve been facing a major issue:

I wake up after 4-5 hours of sleep every single night (I have zero issue to fall asleep) and can’t go back to sleep. This has been going on for months, and I’m beyond exhausted—both physically and mentally. It feels like I haven’t had a proper night’s rest in ages.

I’ve tried everything, from medications like Mirtazapine, Trazodone, Benzos, and a bunch of others, to a ton of supplements: ZMA, L-Theanine, Melatonin, GABA, Glycine, Black Pepper, Ashwagandha, and more that I can’t even remember at this point.

I’ve ruled out sleep apnea through a test, so that’s not it. I’m feeling completely worn out, and I’m honestly at a loss as to what to do next.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with TRT-related sleep issues? How did you manage it? Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

View: https://youtu.be/ZJp1FqE30So?si=vIcHmieAAG-oR22C

That must've been hell, i sympathize because i'm having sleeping issues too for the last 18 years of my life. I'm having the same issue, falling asleep is easy but after 4-5 hours i wake up and then i'm having intermitted light sleep until i actually wake up.

When you say you tried supplements can you write down your dosages of melatonin, gaba and glycine? Also, any magnesium? Glycinate or threonate? I've seen quite a few people saying eg melatonin didn't help but they were taking 3-5mg which is low. I don't feel it's helping me until i go up to 20mg and some guys go as high as 100-200mg. Same with GABA, less than 1,5gr it's not doing anything. I was taking 3-5gr for one period and it helped.

One i haven't tried yet is growth hormone but i guess it needs to be high as well and that would be an expensive "sleep aid", unless you care about it's other effects.

im not an expert right, but todd lee has a video on yt about how to sleep. FOR ME diet plays a role. when i do zero carbs, I dont sleep. You left out info we could use, like do you smoke, stims, pre-workout, when do you work out, watching tv etc.
second would be building a routine before you sleep and follow that daily. Dont lay in bed until youre ready to sleep so mentally your mind knows, its sleep time.
Third, since you tried pharma, this might not help but they have the sleeping peptide, deep rim sleep, or something like that. Its gaining popularity.
I used magnesium before I sleep, I can get you what they attach it to, I just dont remember.
But dosing gh also helps ME to sleep. good luck
Thanks for the suggestions! Just to clarify, I don’t smoke, and the only stimulant I take is caffeine, which I have at least 8-9 hours before sleeping. I've done this in the past, my whole life without any issues. I also follow great sleep hygiene: I avoid blue light for at least 4 hours before bed and use melatonin along with relaxation techniques to wind down.

Regarding my diet, I eat a strict, balanced diet consisting of pasta, rice, chicken breast, and similar foods, with only one cheat meal every week or two. I make sure to maintain a routine before bed and avoid lying in bed until I’m actually ready to sleep.

I've also been using HGH, CBD, THC, CBG, and CBN, as well as different forms of magnesium, but unfortunately, none of these have been successful for me. I haven’t tried the DSIP you mentioned, though, so that might be worth looking into. Additionally, I plan on trying an Orexin Receptor Antagonist in three days.

What's your lasts meals before bed time ?
Any supplements or beverage that increases CNS like caffeine, théine, clen, salbutamol...?
I only take caffeine, but I space it out by at least 8-9 hours before sleeping. For my last meal, I eat three eggs, 200g of turkey dinde, and two peppers.

That must've been hell, i sympathize because i'm having sleeping issues too for the last 18 years of my life. I'm having the same issue, falling asleep is easy but after 4-5 hours i wake up and then i'm having intermitted light sleep until i actually wake up.

When you say you tried supplements can you write down your dosages of melatonin, gaba and glycine? Also, any magnesium? Glycinate or threonate? I've seen quite a few people saying eg melatonin didn't help but they were taking 3-5mg which is low. I don't feel it's helping me until i go up to 20mg and some guys go as high as 100-200mg. Same with GABA, less than 1,5gr it's not doing anything. I was taking 3-5gr for one period and it helped.

One i haven't tried yet is growth hormone but i guess it needs to be high as well and that would be an expensive "sleep aid", unless you care about it's other effects.
Regarding supplements, I've tried various forms of melatonin, but none have been effective for me. GABA/HGH was also useless. However, I found that picamilon induced sedation for me. When I take benzodiazepines, I can sleep really well, but they aren’t suitable for long-term use, and I still don’t feel rested in the morning.

As for dosages, I haven't found anything that consistently works for me unfortunately.

I only take caffeine, but I space it out by at least 8-9 hours before sleeping. For my last meal, I eat three eggs, 200g of turkey dinde, and two peppers.
I read your response to someone, you have an healthy lifestyle, I will just change pepper for maybe carrots or salad and some kefir at the end of the food
If it don't change anything have you tried injectable mt2 ?
Something is a gamechanger is hgh (2 ui) before bedtime with 3 mg of melatonin pills

If it don't change anything have you tried injectable mt2 ?
Something is a gamechanger is hgh (2 ui) before bedtime with 3 mg of melatonin pills
MT2 = Melanotan II, right? Yes, I’m injecting 80 mcg a day to maintain my tan. HGH has been worsening my sleep, and I’m taking 250 mcg of melatonin every evening, which matches what the body naturally secretes, higher doses give me vivid dreams and nightmares.

Back