MESO-Rx Exclusive Peter Bond on new hair loss treatments in the pipeline

MESO-Rx Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
In the latest article in a three-part series on hair loss, @PeterBond examines new hair loss treatment products in the experimental pipeline. Specifically, he addresses topical androgen receptor antagonists, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, Wnt signaling modulators and prostaglandins.

Here are all of the articles in the MESO-Rx Anabolic Steroids and Hair Loss series:

1) The first one provides an overview of how anabolic steroids can influence hair loss

2) The second article discusses conventional and approved treatments for hair loss e.g. oral 5a-reductase inhibitors, topical finasteride, topical minoxidil.

3) The third article explores experimental hair loss treatments currently under development e.g. androgen receptor antagonists, PRP therapy, Wnt/β-catenin pathway modulators, prostaglandins.

Personally, when I first started balding, I fought it (like most do). I tried PRP and got nothing from it. Just my experience though.

Personally, when I first started balding, I fought it (like most do). I tried PRP and got nothing from it. Just my experience though.
Yeah PRP is one of those fads that not a lot of people are going to be satisfied with the long term results. There is not a lot of proof that it works for most people.

I started balding like 10 years ago and at first or really bothered me. Now I could care less. Oddly enough my balding stopped (despite me starting various steroids of all classes) and had just remained steady. My back has been getting more hairy though but whatever. My girlfriend doesn't care about either and based off the looks I get from her friends and random females when we go out, I don't think they do either lol

So fuck it. I am just curious about those questions though.