Possible tricep tear

strange_man

So, two days ago I decided to bench 440lbs. I almost finished the rep but at the top part my elbow just gave out and heard a loud pop. I had to drop the bar, but luckily there was a safety. My elbow quickly swelled but I had ZERO pain, even when the injury happened. And still, there is no pain or bruising. The swelling is also almost gone and the shape of the triceps still looks normal. It only hurts a little when i touch the spot( outside of the elbow). Will meet the orthopaedic doctor in 2 days.

Partial tear. Luckily, no surgery required
I’m surprised there wasn’t any bruising on the partial tear. When I tore my pec bruising started with a half hour. 2 days later it spread to my entire right chest and upper arm area. Was a partial tear, no surgery. I was told a total tear wouldn’t have bruising.

I’m surprised there wasn’t any bruising on the partial tear. When I tore my pec bruising started with a half hour. 2 days later it spread to my entire right chest and upper arm area. Was a partial tear, no surgery. I was told a total tear wouldn’t have bruising.
It does. I have aquired one. And i not and very cautious with bench, barbell bench is litterally the worst thing for someones chest.

It does. I have aquired one. And i not and very cautious with bench, barbell bench is litterally the worst thing for someones chest.
Totally agree. It was exactly barbell flat bench that got me. Not even on my heaviest set, was 3 sets in pushing 295, 40 pounds less than my 3 rep max. Like I was told “it can happen at any time “.

Bruising did actually appear 3 days post Injury, but very little. Only few small spots around the elbow

Lol, no bruising my ass. I was flat barbell benching a weight that I could handle for about 10 reps. Right as I started to press back up on the third rep....POP! Followed by tingle and a strange feeling - not anlot of pain. By the next day my entire arm was purple down to my forearm. Later it turned black. It was a complete pec detachment from my humerus.