Qingdao Sigma Chemical Co., Ltd (International, US, EU, Canada and Australia domestic

Good to know, thanks for the info on this. What are your thoughts on uncompleted studies ie. Reta, Cagri, Maz?

In general, I prefer to minimize risk by not being an early adopter. By the time I used Sema (or Tirz), millions of "Patient years" of clinical experience had been established by their initial use for diabetes, and of course that was built on a 30 year history of earlier short acting GLPs.

Personally, while I respect adventurousness into new compounds (I worked my way through TIHKAL and PIHKAL decades ago if you know what those are), the question I'd be asking myself is "What are you trying to gain that offsets the additional risk, however small, of drugs we have significantly less experience with?"

So far all I've seen is possibly low single digit greater max weight loss potential, which I don't need. Slightly faster liver fat clearance which I don't need. So in my mind it's all additional risk, higher cost, and no benefit.

Again I think a lot of this may stem from thinking of these compounds like diet pills, and the "new ones" are "more effective" so I should use those.

Also, the primary driver in most of these is not to be "better", but to give each company a unique formulation they can patent and market in order to compete with Tirz.

In general, I prefer to minimize risk by not being an early adopter. By the time I used Sema (or Tirz), millions of "Patient years" of clinical experience had been established by their initial use for diabetes, and of course that was built on a 30 year history of earlier short acting GLPs.

Personally, while I respect adventurousness into new compounds (I worked my way through TIHKAL and PIHKAL decades ago if you know what those are), the question I'd be asking myself is "What are you trying to gain that offsets the additional risk, however small, of drugs we have significantly less experience with?"

So far all I've seen is possibly low single digit greater max weight loss potential, which I don't need. Slightly faster liver fat clearance which I don't need. So in my mind it's all additional risk, higher cost, and no benefit.

Again I think a lot of this may stem from thinking of these compounds like diet pills, and the "new ones" are "more effective" so I should use those.

Also, the primary driver in most of these is not to be "better", but to give each company a unique formulation they can patent and market in order to compete with Tirz.
Yes makes perfect sense when weighing risks vs benefit. Do you use Tesamorelin?

Yes makes perfect sense when weighing risks vs benefit. Do you use Tesamorelin?

No. I considered it for a minute years ago, but the dangers, unlike the exaggerated GLP hazards, are too risky in my opinion, and the abdominal fat returns when you stop using it, so you're committed to permanently exposing yourself to developing diabetes, among other health issues. I could see it for short term body building competitive use, but long term? Forget it.

As a general rule, increased dose and/or duration of exposure increase risk.

Last edited:
I was drinking an average of 4 drinks a day until I started Mounjaro. I lost all interest in drinking after that first week. Didn't touch alcohol for a few months. It's really pretty amazing. I have the occasional beer or glass of whiskey now and then but only once per week at most

Sounds like naltrexone. But again if an alcoholic wants to drink he just won’t take the injection or take the pill if it’s going to interfere with his drinking

No. I considered it for a minute years ago, but the dangers, unlike the exaggerated GLP hazards, are too risky in my opinion, and the abdominal fat returns when you stop using it, so you're committed to permanently exposing yourself to developing diabetes, among other health issues. I could see it for short term body building competitive use, but long term? Forget it.

As a general rule, increased dose and/or duration of exposure increase risk.
I must have not researched tesamorelin enough, I thought it seemed alright. I got 2 kits of the shit. Got any links on it?

I must have not researched tesamorelin enough, I thought it seemed alright. I got 2 kits of the shit. Got any links on it?

Here's the thing. Everyone's got their own risk tolerance, certainly do your own thing.

I'm not a fan of having to monitor for higher glucose levels, but I'm most concerned about the acceleration of undiagnosed cancer. If it were one and done, I could deal with the limited risk for long term benefit, but the visceral fat quickly returns in unless Tesa is taken continuously. GLP/GIP offer similar benefits, without the risk of a slow growing tumor somewhere getting turbocharged. That's why it's only approved for people with HIV. Everyone can benefit from reduced visceral fat, but it's only in this population is the risk considered worth it, in some part, reading between the lines, because of the severe psychological effects of simultaneous muscle loss and rapid and abnormally distributed (ie freaky looking) fat gain in HIV patients.

"During the continuation phase of the studies, the improvement in VAT was not sustained among patients who were re-randomized to placebo after 26 weeks of therapy with tesamorelin (T-P). However, those randomized to continue tesamorelin for an additional 26 weeks (T-T) experienced a sustained reduction in VAT....

The rapid reversal of the tesamorelin effects on body fat and lipid levels upon discontinuation of therapy is probably explained by the reversal of IGF-1 increases. "

Sounds like naltrexone. But again if an alcoholic wants to drink he just won’t take the injection or take the pill if it’s going to interfere with his drinking
Don't know why y'all keep comparing alcohol to food. Alcohol is a recreational drug. Like Weed or Opium. No one needs alcohol to live. lol

Here's the thing. Everyone's got their own risk tolerance, certainly do your own thing.

I'm not a fan of having to monitor for higher glucose levels, but I'm most concerned about the acceleration of undiagnosed cancer. If it were one and done, I could deal with the limited risk for long term benefit, but the visceral fat quickly returns in unless Tesa is taken continuously. GLP/GIP offer similar benefits, without the risk of a slow growing tumor somewhere getting turbocharged. That's why it's only approved for people with HIV. Everyone can benefit from reduced visceral fat, but it's only in this population is the risk considered worth it, in some part, reading between the lines, because of the severe psychological effects of simultaneous muscle loss and rapid and abnormally distributed (ie freaky looking) fat gain in HIV patients.

"During the continuation phase of the studies, the improvement in VAT was not sustained among patients who were re-randomized to placebo after 26 weeks of therapy with tesamorelin (T-P). However, those randomized to continue tesamorelin for an additional 26 weeks (T-T) experienced a sustained reduction in VAT....

The rapid reversal of the tesamorelin effects on body fat and lipid levels upon discontinuation of therapy is probably explained by the reversal of IGF-1 increases. "

You think the benefits of GLP1s are maintained after discontinuation? (study)

Or you still on the GLP1-for-life train

rapid weight regain doesn't seem great for organ health
1719536420220.png