Readalots Enhanced Testing

Dirthand

Hey guys, Its Dirthand... I am starting this Thread for @readalot . This man has been going around this forum preaching this that an the other about his concerns and mission of heavy metals and crap in the gear that we use. I never really read much of the stuff he wrote but what i always noticed is that he always catch a lot of hell for. He always seem to take the criticism without resorting to low class retaliation of personal insults and so i kind of respected that. Anywho after his sabbatical (or whatever) he came back to the forum and seen that i had been making some gear and doing a small bit of extra testing and seen his opportunity. He contacted me and offered to reimburse me for some of the gcms, and sterility test i had done on some testosterone i had made.WTF ..No that was my thing. I guess he though he need to try and butter me up for me to help him. He wanted to know if he could get in on the new testing i did and add some extra test.. Although i did not really care about endotoxins, heavy metals, residual solvents...ect.. After pondering about it I did not see what it would hurt. If i could help give this man a little peace and/or joy with his obsession.... why the hell not. As human beings we should always be trying to lift one another up not tear each other down.( I know.. take my own advice huh) So I sent some stuff in for testing this morning. Among the samples sent in was a Boldenone undecylenate Raw that Mr. @readalot sent me several hundred dollars to have tested 6 ways from Sunday. I did not profit from this in any way except for possible getting one of my raws tested at no cost.(although the man has offered to send me money for my sister for the sterility testing she does for me, i declined) My reward was just to help the poor guy out. Everybody has been telling the guy to put his money where his mouth is... so that he did.. I will let him explain the test being performed and perhaps we shall have the results by next week.
Peace
-D-

ChatGPT will do it for you, for free:

Hey guys, it's Dirthand. I am starting this thread for @readalot. This man has been going around this forum preaching about his concerns and mission regarding heavy metals and other contaminants in the gear we use. I never really read much of what he wrote, but I always noticed that he catches a lot of flak for it. He always seems to take the criticism without resorting to personal insults, which I kind of respected.

Anyway, after his sabbatical (or whatever), he came back to the forum and saw that I had been making some gear and doing a bit of extra testing. He saw an opportunity. He contacted me and offered to reimburse me for some of the GCMS and sterility tests I had done on some testosterone I made. WTF? That was my thing. I guess he thought he needed to butter me up to get my help.

He wanted to know if he could get in on the new testing I did and add some extra tests, although I didn’t really care about endotoxins, heavy metals, residual solvents, etc. After thinking about it, I realized it wouldn’t hurt. If I could help give this man a little peace and/or joy with his obsession, why the hell not? As human beings, we should always try to lift each other up, not tear each other down (I know… I should take my own advice, huh).

So, I sent some stuff in for testing this morning. Among the samples was Boldenone Undecylenate raw that Mr. @readalot sent me several hundred dollars to have tested six ways from Sunday. I didn’t profit from this in any way, except for possibly getting one of my raws tested at no cost (although the man has offered to send money to my sister for the sterility testing she does for me, which I declined). My reward was just helping the poor guy out.

Everybody has been telling him to put his money where his mouth is, so that’s what he did. I’ll let him explain the tests being performed, and perhaps we’ll have the results by next week.

Peace,
-D-

I don't really see any negatives of cheerleading to have raws and oils test for heavy metals, endo's, pesticides and whatnot. In fact all of this testing could easily be done here in the states at many labs. We do this all the time with cannabis and hemp oleoresins, vape cart distillates, extracts even powderized forms of wtlater soluble cannabinoids.

I’m excited this is happening. Is it just the one raw being tested or is there others?

Also, what exactly is your sister doing for you?
It's just the one raw that is being tested to the 9s.. but I am testing testing the gear i make here in our for concentration and sterility.. I did concentration, GCMS, and sterility on a batch of test D 500 I made .. the results and data are in "dirts brew log" in the homebrew section. Jano charges 240$ for sterility testing which to me is the most important test. My sister is a microbiologist and supervisor over a medical lab at a hospital. I reached out to her and asked her any capabilities she has to help me and she is able and willing to do sterility test for my gear. (she loves her baby bro) she made me a little report that details her method and I posted it.

@readalot do you care to explain and share the details of the testing being performed??
Thank you very much for setting up the thread. Yes I can just as soon as I have the proper time. Got a lot going on this week but we should have a proper description of these tests before you get the results. Fantastic work Dirthand. I appreciate you.

Edit: I'll put the list here so everyone can see scope. I'll avoid an essay (haha) for now.

Special thanks to @janoshik for expanding the metals test for no additional charge! Very nice of him.

1. Hplc Purity - 120 usd
2. GCMS - 170 usd
3. Expanded metals list for standard list price (personally approved by Jano via xxxxxxxxx) - 60 usd
4. endotoxins - 120 usd
5. Residual solvent poor man's test (KF+loss on drying) - 60 usd
6. Shipping 45 usd
7. total - 575 usd

The residual solvents testing is mostly symbolic at this point as Jano and I agreed this won't tell us much. At some point a proper GCMS test with proper equipment would allow accurate characterization of residual solvents. The business case for the equipment just isn't there yet. But anyway this list is a start to get us all closer to USP standards.

Last edited:
I don't really see any negatives of cheerleading to have raws and oils test for heavy metals, endo's, pesticides and whatnot. In fact all of this testing could easily be done here in the states at many labs. We do this all the time with cannabis and hemp oleoresins, vape cart distillates, extracts even powderized forms of wtlater soluble cannabinoids.
I appreciate your comments and feedback. I think the regulatory landscape is vastly different for cannabis vs AAS is US and the lab I contacted in US and one in EU provided same feedback. None wanted to touch raw AAS for any USP residual solvents work (and there's the whole anonymity thing).

Residual solvents would be the last piece in this puzzle. I would love to be completely wrong but until AAS get legalized at state level like cannabis this all may be a very heavy lift.

Additional perspective...

No residual solvent testing laboratory is going to invest tens of thousands into paperwork to handle scheduled substances and I am not going to invest the same for a test 5 people end up ordering twice. Unfortunate, but it is how it is.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for setting up the thread. Yes I can just as soon as I have the proper time. Got a lot going on this week but we should have a proper description of these tests before you get the results. Fantastic work Dirthand. I appreciate you.

Edit: I'll put the list here so everyone can see scope. I'll avoid an essay (haha) for now.

Could I ask why you chose this particular raw to test?
I did read a few posts about it having had issues, but is there any specific reason why you selected this?

I did read a few posts about it having had issues, but is there any specific reason why you selected this?

Dirthand's choice given he did the real work. BU has a reputation of being a relatively low purity raw and so the thinking was this probably gives us a potential worst case scenario in some respects. Dirthand politely told me if this tests ok then go find another hobby / place to haunt LOL. He is very kind trying to gently put me out of my misery.

I am curious as well. Why not use one of the most common compounds people use like test C.

Oops you replied before I finished my post lol.

Back