Reinventing Intramuscular Injections/Needle Pinning with The Sota Omoigui Short Needle Technique: 30ga 5/16 should be the new standard

God_Body

AI summary

1. Smaller-gauge needles, like the recommended 30-gauge, are advocated for IM injections to reduce pain and complications

2. Long needles are unnecessary and just increase pain and the risk of complications like nerve injury

3. Proper technique with shorter needles, such as the 30-gauge 5/8-inch needle, can effectively deliver medication into the muscle layer while minimizing discomfort and adverse events

4. The technique focuses on delivering medication close to the target site under pressure to enhance therapeutic effects and minimize complications.

AI summary

1. Smaller-gauge needles, like the recommended 30-gauge, are advocated for IM injections to reduce pain and complications

2. Long needles are unnecessary and just increase pain and the risk of complications like nerve injury

3. Proper technique with shorter needles, such as the 30-gauge 5/8-inch needle, can effectively deliver medication into the muscle layer while minimizing discomfort and adverse events

4. The technique focuses on delivering medication close to the target site under pressure to enhance therapeutic effects and minimize complications.
love the 29g 0.5 inch insulin pin even for TE without BB.

FYI...some folks can get pretty big.

love the 29g 0.5 inch insulin pin even for TE without BB.

FYI...some folks can get pretty big.

That was my go-to size for years, then in September I had to use 30g with 5/16-inch needles out of necessity. I pinned all up and down my vastus lateralis, anterior delts, and side delts with no pain or discomfort.

Edit: in response to that article,
If you're so fat you believe you need a bigger needle, maybe you should adjust the injection dose and frequency —unless you just enjoy the 'pig poker'. I'm sure a lot of meat heads love big needles.

Last edited:

AI summary

this would be nice, but you missed at the end in the summary where it says "The era of using larger-gauge needles should be reassessed, except for oil-based fluids"

Last edited:
had to use 30g with 5/16-inch needles out of necessity
Just for fun I tried pinning Test Cyp with 31g a couple times. That was a long wait even for me.

The funniest thing ever was pharmacist telling me above 25 g way too small for hCG. Haha.

Thanks for the article.

this would be nice, but you missed at the end in the summary where it says "The era of using larger-gauge needles should be reassessed, except for oil-based fluids"
You are fat, and some of the steroid oil you injected spills out your muscle and gets absorbed subcutaneously; what is the risk?

That was my go-to size for years, then in September I had to use 30g with 5/16-inch needles out of necessity. I pinned all up and down my vastus lateralis, anterior delts, and side delts with no pain or discomfort.

Edit: in response to that article,
If you're so fat you believe you need a bigger needle, maybe you should adjust the injection dose and frequency —unless you just enjoy the 'pig poker'. I'm sure a lot of meat heads love big needles.
why would you pin front delts? there is so much vascularization there its almost imposible not to pierce a vein... even side delts have plenty veins I often get blood to come out, needle size does not matter much all the veins are surface layer

The research discussed does not advocate for the universal superiority of short needles for all intramuscular (IM) injections. Instead, it introduces an innovative approach devised by Dr. Sota Omoigui, utilizing a short, thin needle to administer medications under pressure directly to the intended site without affecting the underlying structures. This method is touted as being safer, causing less trauma, and being more efficacious for particular IM and procedural injections, including intercostal nerve blocks, epidural/facet blocks, and injections for spinal pain. However, the text also points out certain constraints of this technique, such as:

• Its suitability is limited to clear solutions injected under pressure
  • It may not be appropriate for individuals with higher body fat percentages or those requiring deeper injection sites
  • It might not be effective for thicker solutions (for example, testosterone), which necessitate needles that are both longer and wider in bore
Hence, the research is not endorsing short needles for every situation but is instead proposing a new option for specific scenarios.

Imagine injecting a larger volume, like 3-4 cc with those thin needles, lol...
That's actually not a bad harm reduction strategy. You only get the AAS you can draw up and pin with a 27g insulin pin. 29 or 30 g if you really want to tighten the noose. Nice work!!

Did pinning gear need to be reinventing? haha why are you trying to reinvent something that works and works well... I dont understand this problem AT ALL Ive never had an issue injecting gear maybe im just really good at it. You know whats a good waste of time tho? Trying to reinvent something that works, and another good waste of time is trying to shoot gear with a fucking insulin syringe spending a hour a day trying to shoot gear that would take 2 minutes if done properly. Makes no sense at all. Just my opinion.

Hey guys I was wasting time trying to reinvent how to take dbol pills. After all my research and ignoring anything that makes any sense at all I have come to the conclusion that crushing the pill and scraping it into lines spending 25 mintues doing this and then i lick the lines up one by one. hahahaahaaaaa

But all jokes aside.. my man listen if you are having trouble using a bigger needle or a longer needle. I get it its not fun to inject with a harpoon but look at it this way. The more you do it the easier it gets, And for me to be honest if im on a lot of test or on tren the harder i jam the needle in. When im on a lot of test I have zero anxiety about pinning. Just use a 25g 5/8 in needle and over time you will see that it becomes very easy to do. If there is another reason you are not wanting to use a bigger guage then idk but maybe this will help. No hate man Im just giving you shit, it really is something that takes some getting used to.

Just for fun I tried pinning Test Cyp with 31g a couple times. That was a long wait even for me.

The funniest thing ever was pharmacist telling me above 25 g way too small for hCG. Haha.

Thanks for the article.

Did pinning gear need to be reinventing? haha why are you trying to reinvent something that works and works well... I dont understand this problem AT ALL Ive never had an issue injecting gear maybe im just really good at it. You know whats a good waste of time tho? Trying to reinvent something that works, and another good waste of time is trying to shoot gear with a fucking insulin syringe spending a hour a day trying to shoot gear that would take 2 minutes if done properly. Makes no sense at all. Just my opinion.
You're right, Juicehead. I had noticed small insulin needles seemed to work better for me when I was forced to use them out of necessity, and I just wanted to share that. I didn't realize it was normal for people to inject over 2ml, so I'm very ignorant on AAS use and will keep this to myself.

why would you pin front delts? there is so much vascularization there its almost imposible not to pierce a vein... even side delts have plenty veins I often get blood to come out, needle size does not matter much all the veins are surface layer
It's not ideal, but I pin anywhere that's visible, meaty, and I don't have to worry about pinning an artery or nerve. I switch it up only to reduce scar tissue.

Back