Reinventing Intramuscular Injections/Needle Pinning with The Sota Omoigui Short Needle Technique: 30ga 5/16 should be the new standard

The research discussed does not advocate for the universal superiority of short needles for all intramuscular (IM) injections. Instead, it introduces an innovative approach devised by Dr. Sota Omoigui, utilizing a short, thin needle to administer medications under pressure directly to the intended site without affecting the underlying structures. This method is touted as being safer, causing less trauma, and being more efficacious for particular IM and procedural injections, including intercostal nerve blocks, epidural/facet blocks, and injections for spinal pain. However, the text also points out certain constraints of this technique, such as:

• Its suitability is limited to clear solutions injected under pressure
  • It may not be appropriate for individuals with higher body fat percentages or those requiring deeper injection sites
  • It might not be effective for thicker solutions (for example, testosterone), which necessitate needles that are both longer and wider in bore
Hence, the research is not endorsing short needles for every situation but is instead proposing a new option for specific scenarios.
I tried it out of necessity for a month, and it worked very well. However, it seems my AAS usage is much lower than then average in this community.

It's not ideal, but I pin anywhere that's visible, meaty, and I don't have to worry about pinning an artery or nerve. I switch it up only to reduce scar tissue.
You could be pinning daily, and the same muscle (L/R) (and same "quadrant/section") without this issue (from my experience). I pin my delts only (as of right now), alternating left and right, and only the side portion, not front or rear. The side delt itself is quite large (relative to a needle), and even when narrowing your range down to the "inverted triangle" medical professionals recommend for side delt, there's still plenty of space to pin around. You should really be fine though, front delts aren't very vascular in relation to other muscles typically pinned, worst case just do a vein check. Also, have you actually tried a 25g needle? I started with them, and they are quite painless most of the time. I couldn't imagine it's too painful for a daily/weekly thing, or do you just want to minimize pain while neglecting injection speed? (not that it matters all that much unless you tweak out from having a needle in you)

Totally side with you on the meaty and visible part. I love spots that have little fat and visible muscle where I know I'm gonna get it deep enough with my 5/8"

Wait: Does anyone that exercises at all and pays at least a little attention to their diet have "fat delts" for which a 1/2" needle wouldnt get to the muscle? Put another way: Perhaps its not yet time for AAS if your delts are so fat you need a 1.5" needle to hit muscle? Please post pics!

Last edited:
You're right, Juicehead. I had noticed small insulin needles seemed to work better for me when I was forced to use them out of necessity, and I just wanted to share that. I didn't realize it was normal for people to inject over 2ml, so I'm very ignorant on AAS use and will keep this to myself.
I was just giving you shit man. But I would always recommend using a bigger needle for more then 1cc. But whatever works for you and you feel the best doing do that. Im here to help

The research discussed does not advocate for the universal superiority of short needles for all intramuscular (IM) injections. Instead, it introduces an innovative approach devised by Dr. Sota Omoigui, utilizing a short, thin needle to administer medications under pressure directly to the intended site without affecting the underlying structures. This method is touted as being safer, causing less trauma, and being more efficacious for particular IM and procedural injections, including intercostal nerve blocks, epidural/facet blocks, and injections for spinal pain. However, the text also points out certain constraints of this technique, such as:

• Its suitability is limited to clear solutions injected under pressure
  • It may not be appropriate for individuals with higher body fat percentages or those requiring deeper injection sites
  • It might not be effective for thicker solutions (for example, testosterone), which necessitate needles that are both longer and wider in bore
Hence, the research is not endorsing short needles for every situation but is instead proposing a new option for specific scenarios.

I jabbed my thigh with a 21 gauge 1.5' 3 mL 200 mg/mL tren E after I read this post.

This is me traveling back in time from next Friday: holy fuck

Back