Replacement grip ideas for worn out foam grips on a doorway pull-up bar?

XoReMuS

Looking for some ideas on what everyone uses once the foam grips start to wear out on your doorway pull-up bar? I heard from someone a while back that replacement tennis racquet overgrip tape works well, but have yet to try it.
Anyone ever try this or had any better results with any other replacement ideas?

Thanks

Look at bike grips(as in mountaing bike not motorcycle) there are all sorts of materials and sizes... also foam ones like the originals

Look at bike grips(as in mountaing bike not motorcycle) there are all sorts of materials and sizes... also foam ones like the originals

I use MTB and dirtbike grips. Check the size of
Your bar as there are different sizes. The cheaper ones will also stretch a good bit of it’s a little too small. Hair spray or spray paint to use as lube to slide them on, then it acts as glue once they’re on.

I use MTB and dirtbike grips. Check the size of
Your bar as there are different sizes. The cheaper ones will also stretch a good bit of it’s a little too small. Hair spray or spray paint to use as lube to slide them on, then it acts as glue once they’re on.
Nice, I would have never even thought about mountain bike/dirt bike grips! I'll measure the width of the bar and see if I can find some that fit. Got some extra spray paint in the closet so that works too.
Thanks for the ideas!