• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Kennedy's Disease

OldSmice

Anyone here living with this disease? Recently found out it runs in my family and I'm waiting for my genetic testing appointment. I will not be surprised by a positive diagnosis as it would explain a lot of my struggles these last 10 years or so with weird cramping and lack of progress and even regression in training.

I had an idea that maybe SARMS could be actually effective to get around the defective AR and it seems there is a patent pending on using MEBP (1-[2-(4-methylphenoxy)ethyl]-2-[(2-phenoxyethyl)sulfanyl]-1H-benzimidazole) for treatment. Does this happen to have a "street name"?

https://www.stjude.org/research/why-st-jude/shared-resources/technology-licensing/technologies/sarm-for-kennedys-disease-sj-18-0012.html
Have you come across any studies with alternative synthetic anabolic's being effective? I think I saw mention of Halo being effective in activating the "bad" AR's in some other CAG expansion study for example but I can not find the actual study.

If my results come back positive I'm hoping to locate a doctor that would like to experiment with me. Otherwise I'll probably end up doing it myself. While TRT hasn't been life changing it certainly has greatly improved my QOL these last 6+ years and I'm afraid the first line of treatment will be pulling me off and even trying to use blockers to slow progression.

Last edited: