RodgerThat's journey to beast mode

RodgerThat

Alright for those of you who are unfamiliar with myself and my training history I'll give ya the cliff notes here.

Started training for sports 10 years ago and have pretty much rolled through every discipline of athletics other then bodybuilding (I'm a patato build what can ya do).
Fitness accomplishments I guess?
In order: had a div 1 scholarship to play lacrosse (didn't go though due to injury)
Have completed an ironman
Have passed every fitness test imaginable that the government (Canadian so no buds training or anything like that) could throw at me.
Started powerlifting 4 years ago now
Starting stats 5'8 140lb 12% BF
Squat 205 bench 175 deadlift 295
Current stats 5'8 200lb 14% BF
Squat 475 bench 335 deadlift 545 (gym lifts)
I've had a lot of injurys in my time on this earth so a lot of things I've got to work around or put extra effort into.

Now the goals:
I'd like to take the strength that I've built this past 4 years and make myself into an absolute athletic freak of nature.
I'd like a 14s 100m sprint (I'm not fast)
45min 10k jog
15min 1km swim
50 consecutive burpees
250 power clean
Maintain a 315 bench 405 squat and 495 deadlift at a 9RPE
20 dead hang pull ups
225 clean and jerk
BW snatch
Get down to about 185-190 for a comfortable jogging weight without knees hurting
Increase my flexibility (for those that don't know this will be one of the harder ones because I already am extremely flexible.)

The juicy stuff - my cycles
I'm on cycle 5 now
Cycle 1: test prop dbol 2 weeks on 2 weeks off 3 round (it yielded minimal results)
Cycle 2: test prop, mast prop 8 weeks
Cycle 3 test e, tren e 10 weeks
Cycle 4 test e 12w, NPP 10w, tren A 7 and low dose dbol in there
Cycle 5/ current cycle: test/tren/mast e anavar kicker and possibly winny or anavar bridge

The training plan is still a bit up in the air I'm working on it but plan to keep it fairly simple with just compound movements, this is a work in progress note on my phone but it's what I got so far so critique away.

Workout A
5minute walk
5minute warmup/dynamic stretch
5x5 bench press 250
5minute 315 deadlift/shrug 1:1 every 10 seconds
5 sets 135 row/OHP 10:6
5 sets pull-ups/farmer carry 8:50m
5minute skipping/battle ropes 60s:30s
15minute core
15minute stretch

Workout B
5minute walk
5minute warmup/dynamic stretch
5x5 squat 275
5minute clean&jerk 135 1:1
5x8 incline bench/lat pull down 185&140
10minutes calves SS with shrugs
5minutes skipping/battle ropes 60s/30s
20minute stretch

Those two will rotate Monday Wednesday Friday so one week I'll do workout A 2x team other week will be workout B 2x. For Tuesday's that will be my long cardio day swim, jog, bike whatever I'm feeling but 1hr worth. Thursday's is my hiking day and Saturdays I plan on making a crossfit WOD kinda day. My current idea is when workout A lands on Friday I'll do Murph WOD on Saturday and when workout B is Friday I'll do DT WOD on Saturday.

Murph WOD:
1mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 air squats
1mile run
All while wearing a lead vest (I'll start with 10lb and go from there my vest can go up to 70lb)

DT WOD:
5 rounds with 155lb
12 deadlifts
9 hang cleans
6 push press

Diet:
TDEE 3200 cals as it sits
Macros P30% C45% F25%
I currently eat 300 cal surplus on workout days and 800 cal deficit on off days.

That's it hopefully I can be consistent with this log and bring a different kind of log to meso as its not really powerlifting anymore and it's definitely not bodybuilding.

It's all good bro... Instead of trying to hide it, just call it what it is... Sooner or later more and more guys around steriod forums are going to be doing crossfit. Steriods are big it seems like within there community. Embrace that shit and own it. good luck bro

So cranked out my first athletic workout (this is what I'm calling them because they really aren't crossfit but nothing wrong with crossfit I'll be doing it Saturdays)

Warm up:
5min walk
10min dynamic stretching
5min foam rolling
Workout:
Competition bench press 255 5x5 @7RPE
5min 1 deadlift & shrug every 10 seconds on the 10, weight 275, 30 reps total this was tiring but light so I'll up it next go around
bent over row & OHP 5 sets 8 reps BOR 5 reps OHP using 135, also light but lower back pumps were unreal, serves me right for forgetting to take my taurine. 30 second rests after each double set for water
Pull-ups & farmer carry, 6 dead hang pull ups to 50metre carries 5 rounds no rest.
Skipping & battle ropes, skipped until I messed up then 30 seconds of all our battle ropes, 10 mins total 4 rounds of battle ropes.
5 minutes of planks
25 min stretch

Going for a bike ride with my dog in a bit, it'll be 1hr and 30 mins 15mins up hill to 3 minutes downhill and repeat 6 times, not your average ride in the park I'm going to the Mecca of mountain biking but I'm going to try my best to keep myself tame and not do anything too crazy.

Today's grind, couldn't go for a hike so hit the gym.

20min incline walk 3.5mph 5% incline
Waiting for stair climber so hit a quick arms 6 sets biceps SS with 6 sets tris
Still no climber open so did abs.
Filthy fifty ab routine:
50 second plank then side planks
50 decline sit ups
50 roll outs
50 leg raises
50 concentration crunches
50 side crunches
50 mason twists
50 second plank then side planks
Quick stretch cause stair climber opened up
Stair climber 15mins level 7, pump got too crazy to get 20 mins out.
30minute swim was going to try for a 1km time for a starting point but too fatigued to get an accurate starting point so I did interval laps.
Hot tub and suana

So you still competing in PL? You gonna do some xfit? Or just gonna go around and randomly beast on people?

Still going to compete in powerlifting but in a fully tested fed so my next comp will be October 22nd I believe. I'm going to bringing my conditioning up for the rest of the summer then I'll cut out the athletic workouts and make it a comp prep style workout but I'll still do conditioning on my off days and if that means I don't push the absolute maximum amount of weight I'm okay with that I just really love the atmosphere and having a goal to move towards. I'll always compete in some form or another, but I probably won't ever be competing in any crossfit games as I'm not a big fan of Kipping or pushing your body beyond its capabilities for a time aspect that just screams injury to me.

Still going to compete in powerlifting but in a fully tested fed so my next comp will be October 22nd I believe. I'm going to bringing my conditioning up for the rest of the summer then I'll cut out the athletic workouts and make it a comp prep style workout but I'll still do conditioning on my off days and if that means I don't push the absolute maximum amount of weight I'm okay with that I just really love the atmosphere and having a goal to move towards. I'll always compete in some form or another, but I probably won't ever be competing in any crossfit games as I'm not a big fan of Kipping or pushing your body beyond its capabilities for a time aspect that just screams injury to me.

Indeed. Very Interesting (I stopped reading at fully tested)

I'd be lying if I said this being a well rounded athlete thing didn't interest me. Especially after doing the strongman stuff a couple months ago. I've got an elite total to achieve before exploring other athletic endeavors though.

What the? NO! No well rounded athletes. Just big round guys lifting heavy shit and breathing heavy and snoring when theyre wide awake!

What the? NO! No well rounded athletes. Just big round guys lifting heavy shit and breathing heavy and snoring when theyre wide awake!

lol, no Crossfit for me. I'm thinking more strongman and oly lifting and learning boxing or some martial arts someday. Like I said I've got an elite total to achieve first. Mid 1600's at 220 or low 1700's at 242.

I'm still gonna do meets and go after records once I'm in the masters divisions 35+.