RodgerThat's journey to beast mode

Still going to compete in powerlifting but in a fully tested fed so my next comp will be October 22nd I believe

This October? If I recall correctly, the detection times for some of the gear you're running is going to be a problem if you're competing in a tested fed.

I'm following by the way. Pretty cool so far.

What the? NO! No well rounded athletes. Just big round guys lifting heavy shit and breathing heavy and snoring when theyre wide awake!

Was here for the start of the powerlifting wave maybe I'm making a new wave!
This October? If I recall correctly, the detection times for some of the gear you're running is going to be a problem if you're competing in a tested fed.

As I've timed it I'll be 4 weeks post pct by then so maybe possibly nolva but that's it and very unlucky as it would be trace amounts

Also just cranked out a great workout Called "Canadian physical assessment test" it's a standardized fitness test from the government for firefighters (I'm not a firefighter though) but ya so I'm putting that in the HIIT cadigory my heart rate got up to 190bpm and within 3 minutes after got it back to 68bpm so that's damn good in my books. Tren was killing me during though

Ya as Eman said I don't think you will pass at all...I think you need at least another month or more.. but everyone is different you never know

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Okay well I have to post a WILKs of 400 to get for sure tested which isn't out of reach at all maybe I'll just get a WILKs of 395 if it'll be a problem :p

Today's fun

5minute walk
5minute warmup/dynamic stretch
5x5 squat 275 too easy
5minute clean&jerk 135 1:1 totalled 17 reps
Snatch practice working with 95lb to get technique down so I can incorporate it regularly.
5x8 incline bench/lat pull down 185&140 too easy gonna increase the weights I didn't take any rests besides water
10minutes calves SS with shrugs
10 minutes skipping/battle ropes 3 rounds of battle ropes 30 seconds.
20min stretch

I'm either gonna go for a fast pace hike/trail run with my dog in a few hours or do some wind sprints with burpees. My big issue right now though is I can't breath through my nose so I'm a mouth breather and it's making my mouth always dry so don't know if I wanna hike and have to carry 6L of water too

Went for the hiking option, 3km one way average incline of 24% with 300m being 32% so strap as shit. Took me 52mins to get up at a charging pace only way I could go faster is if I wasn't getting tren shin pump. Took about 15mins to get down I had my pack loaded with 4L of water and a 10lb first aid kit so packs total weight 20lb going up and 12lb coming down doesn't seem like much but shit did it make it harder!

Did DT hero workout today, was hell.
5 rounds with 150lb
12 deadlifts
9 hang cleans
6 push press
image.jpeg
16:55 was my time but I will do better next time plus I didn't stop the clock when I ran outside so that's a minute next time I'll get back hopefully. Ya so I puked but I told myself I'd go all out no matter what so I know my starting point for fitness and can really gauge how well this conditioning does for me.

After DT I did a 5 min cool down walk then cranked out some core/abs until I felt sick again then called it.

Suppose to be my day off but figured I'd go in and work on my snatch form.
Snatches:
Bar X 8
75lb x 4
95lb 2x3
105lb 2x3
115lb 10x1
75lb 4x3

Then I was like fuck I suck at snatches but I'm good at squatting so I squatted
Squats:
135x10
225x8
315x6
365x3
385x1
405 4x3
Drop sets after final 405
315x7
225x11
135x7 long pause reps

All with no knee sleeves cause I can't get them on anymore.

Then I was like I got a date in a couple hours can't show up without a calf pump
Did calfs for 15mins then incline walk for 15mins 3.5% at 3.5mph

So ya really successful rest day I think

Wow Mr Bear how'd I miss this thread! Props on trying to be the best you. I'm subbed for this your going to make me miss violent vomiting sessions during my running days. Running sprints in deep sand really brought my cardio up if thats an option...when you regain consciousness you can make vomit sand castles:D

Wow Mr Bear how'd I miss this thread! Props on trying to be the best you. I'm subbed for this your going to make me miss violent vomiting sessions during my running days. Running sprints in deep sand really brought my cardio up if thats an option...when you regain consciousness you can make vomit sand castles:D

Very much is I live right near a beach that's a good idea man I think I'll bring my barbell and try and make it a Saturday thing possibly power cleans/push press & sprints that should get everything outa my belly I'm sure!

Very much is I live right near a beach that's a good idea man I think I'll bring my barbell and try and make it a Saturday thing possibly power cleans/push press & sprints that should get everything outa my belly I'm sure!
I liked running and competing but my knees didn't.

So I got a little bit too optimistic with my bench today was feeling good so I went 275 instead of 255 for comp 5x5 and only go 3 sets comp and 2 sets t&g so I could keep the pre under 9. So anyways the workout today:

5min walk
10min dynamic warm up/foam roller and lacrosse ball
3 sets comp bench 275x5 2 sets t&g 275x5
5 min 295 deadlift/shrug 1 to 1 every 10 seconds
5 sets Bent over row/OHP 8 to 5
5 sets pull up/farmer walk 7 reps 50metres with 70lb kettle bells
8mins of skipping/ 4 rounds of 30 second battle ropes full out heart rate blasting shoulder burning sets
15 mins of core work
35min stretch/yoga

Pretty good workout overall not quite as quick as I'd like I had many people asking me for pointers today for some reason. Going for a bike ride with my dog after a quick recovery nap

15mins incline walk 5% incline 3.8mph
10mins stair climber level 8
10 minutes oblique work
5mins cool down walk 3.2mph
25min swim 1km total
10 mins hottub
20 minute suana stretch (was solo in the sauna so took advantage of the space and treated it like a really hot yoga room)

That's it for today, my body fat is dropping a noticeable amount already, strength is still all definitely there so far there's been no downs during this besides the extended cardio sessions but I'm trying to keep it interesting for myself that's why I bounce around with what I'm doing

I wish I had your dedication to stretching and recovery.

It's almost like chasing numbers for me man and I know if I don't I'll be crippled in months. Plus I got a lot of injuries that if I don't put in the work to maintain it I'll be in pain all day so that's a good factor, spent the first 3 years of my training never stretching I figured you had to be tight so your joints wouldn't slip around how wrong I was. Man if I could go back 6 years and tell little Rodger everything I know now couldn't imagine where I'd be too much wasted time on machines that I should have been spending doing mobility and flexibility things.

image.jpeg

For those of you that don't know I love gear. This is the holy grail to me right here. Only been waiting 1 year and 3 months for this since they announced it. I'm one of the first in Canada to receive it too!

@ROB581211 its worth it! Also the shirts are now a different brand and are athletic it's pretty good fit