Saw a cardiologist to make sense of my lipids

I was prescribed 10mg daily Lipitor today. The doctor didn't even call, just the nurse. No baby aspirin. Check liver values (due to mine being chronically elevated although my GGT is 17) in one month for some odd reason. Seems like I got pretty standard first line care.

I was prescribed 10mg daily Lipitor today. The doctor didn't even call, just the nurse. No baby aspirin. Check liver values in one month for some odd reason. Seems like I got pretty standard first line care.

Yeah...

Maybe ask your cardiologist why they chose Lipitor over Crestor. You should be able to achieve the same level of LDL reduction with 5mg of the latter.

Just feels like everyone has me sleep walking to a MACE in 10 years until I decided on my own to go to the cardiologist after pulling my own own labs multiple times. Seems like such a system failure.

Seems like this trend is continuing.

I'm wondering if I did a bunch of damage years ago and have been stable since then or this has been progressing.

Seems like you're fishing for a cause, which most likely is genetics. That much plaque burden is the result of exposure over the course of a very long period of time. Probably didn't help much for the 3 years you cycled, but I suspect things were going south in any case.

You mentioned BP? Is your E2 good? It may be healthier to shed some size, but you may also have a genetic predisposition there in any case. @Ghoul has a protocol he recommends in another thread. It's an ARB, telmisartan plus another compound.

100% get your BP under 120/80 ASAP.

Well my cardiologist and docs aren't too worried about me as my latest calcium score was just given to me…

Doesnt mean i dont have soft plaque elsewhere ready to release and explode my innards haha

But it must be said… im not a roider type of guy… i was on trt for about 10-14 years(lost count after a while) and then i quit one day and just never went back… cold turkey quit trt… last levels were 543 if i remember correctly and ive been off trt for anywhere between 8-10 yrs

Attachments

• IMG_1095.webp
    IMG_1095.webp
    230.6 KB · Views: 9
Yeah...

Maybe ask your cardiologist why they chose Lipitor over Crestor. You should be able to achieve the same level of LDL reduction with 5mg of the latter.

Seems like this trend is continuing.

Seems like you're fishing for a cause, which most likely is genetics. That much plaque burden is the result of exposure over the course of a very long period of time. Probably didn't help much for the 3 years you cycled, but I suspect things were going south in any case.

You mentioned BP? Is your E2 good? It may be healthier to shed some size, but you may also have a genetic predisposition there in any case. @Ghoul has a protocol he recommends in another thread. It's an ARB, telmisartan plus another compound.

100% get your BP under 120/80 ASAP.

15 years ago I did nothing to control E2 but I ran EQ alongside the test many times so I don't think E2 then was a problem.

In my current usage of the past 3-4 years I have never had out of range E2. I either used primo which lowered it or arimidex if I used more than 160mg. I aim for 20-30 E2. At 30mg of test cyp/e per day my E2 is 20 on .25 adex M/W/F. Now that I have dropped the dose to 20mg per day of test cyp, I'm also dropping the adex. My bet is I will rise to the 30-35 level which I can live with.

Duri
Well my cardiologist and docs aren't too worried about me as my latest calcium score was just given to me…

Doesnt mean i dont have soft plaque elsewhere ready to release and explode my innards haha

But it must be said… im not a roider type of guy… i was on trt for about 10-14 years(lost count after a while) and then i quit one day and just never went back… cold turkey quit trt… last levels were 543 if i remember correctly and ive been off trt for anywhere between 8-10 yrs
During the 10 or so years after I stopped taking steroids, I would get my testosterone levels pulled every year at the urologist and they would always be 250-330 total. I did a fasting diet and got down to 146 pounds and my total test went to 576. I stopped that and began eating normally again and the next test I had was a few years later and was 220 total t w/6 free t so I began TRT.

Yup
Duri

During the 10 or so years after I stopped taking steroids, I would get my testosterone levels pulled every year at the urologist and they would always be 250-330 total. I did a fasting diet and got down to 146 pounds and my total test went to 576. I stopped that and began eating normally again and the next test I had was a few years later and was 220 total t w/6 free t so I began TRT.
yup that could be my problem ive lost a lot of muscle over the years and health has declined and sedentary lifestyle is trying to to get its grippers in me… i figure ill be back on trt sooner than later tbh… i miss it too because i was more energetic and had a will ro lift and take better care of myself… but im fat n happy and lazier now… and i wanna sleep haha fuccck i need to start trt again before i give up on life haha

Back