Scammed by PurplePandaLabs for $900 - GG gaslighting

I only jumped at this guy because i was proven that he’s lying, i was proven about it by Panda, by his website security guy and also i had a second opinion from my IT friend that handles all my security stuff because even tho i trust Panda a lot i don’t know his IT guy and i wanted to be sure about it.
Like I said, he’s either a scammer or he’s a victim. One way or another the community will find out. In the meantime there are some things he could do to bolster his case. Nothing against you, I believe you’ve been a great rep and you’ve helped a lot of guys here. But we have to give a member the chance to prove that they’re being truthful, even if it looks questionable. ‘Members first’ means sometimes we defend guys who turn out to be scammers. But it’s better than not trusting a member from the word go.

I bet that there is thousands of people who just read the forum for a long time and they don't have a account here neither they plan do to as they only check what is in their interest and don't want to be involved.
If a shit is happening to them they make a account and say hey I got scam,or this gear is underdosed or whatever

Another option is he does actually have malware... very selective malware. No endpoint scanner is perfect, some better than others, and MBAM is no exception. If something is written and installed selectively enough, it could avoid getting hashed and recognized for a long time... barring heuristics/AI detection. Something rewriting a BTC address should throw up a giant red flag, I would think.

Ollie my brother, it doesn’t matter what it fits or what “makes sense” it’s what you can prove, and this guys explainatuons and screenshots, though a long shot, do add up to a degree, and I’m sure that we all appreciate how you want to let @Millard take a look at the backend, but I’m not sure he actually involves himself in this stuff, but I could be wrong on that part.

Like I said, every dealing I’ve had with you and PPL has been good, but this whole situation is crazy, it doesn’t seem convincing from the beginning, especially with youre first rebuttal but he made some fair and valid points in his, even down to the Firefox extension.
Like I said, he’s either a scammer or he’s a victim. One way or another the community will find out. In the meantime there are some things he could do to bolster his case. Nothing against you, I believe you’ve been a great rep and you’ve helped a lot of guys here. But we have to give a member the chance to prove that they’re being truthful, even if it looks questionable. ‘Members first’ means sometimes we defend guys who turn out to be scammers. But it’s better than not trusting a member from the word go.
I understand both of you, totally, the problem is that as some of you may have seen before the new guy that pops out on Meso and calls a source a scammer is pretty usual, i used to love this quote: “A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots”.

We both have valid points, i have noticed that any of our points can rule out the others guys points, that’s why as you pointed out we are in a Schrödinger cat situation, my only way to try to move the things to my side is using Ockham's razor:

Option a) We got hacked, if we got hacked the hacker had access to literally hundreds of thousands of dollars generated but he only went after 5K, divided into a couple small orders, which on the other hand is a suitable amount for a scammer to try to build up his story.

Option b)Panda got greedy and he wanted an extra 5K... this is just stupid.

Option C)a guy generated orders that were not fullfilled, he edited the pic, he used a suitable amount of money for a guy to try to frame us, he created a new account and ta daaa, we are scammers, lovely.

My only way to really prove something and that could not be edited is to show Millard or any other high rep member the backend of this guy’s orders and to let him see how this really works.

I understand both of you, totally, the problem is that as some of you may have seen before the new guy that pops out on Meso and calls a source a scammer is pretty usual, i used to love this quote: “A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots”.

We both have valid points, i have noticed that any of our points can rule out the others guys points, that’s why as you pointed out we are in a Schrödinger cat situation, my only way to try to move the things to my side is using Ockham's razor:

Option a) We got hacked, if we got hacked the hacker had access to literally hundreds of thousands of dollars generated but he only went after 5K, divided into a couple small orders, which on the other hand is a suitable amount for a scammer to try to build up his story.

Option C)a guy generated orders that were not fullfilled, he edited the pic, he used a suitable amount of money for a guy to try to frame us, he created a new account and ta daaa, we are scammers, lovely.

My only way to really prove something and that could not be edited is to show Millard or any other high rep member the backend of this guy’s orders and to let him see how this really works.
totally, I hear what you’re saying, no one that’s going to this much effort is just going to do it for 5k

Also i want to add that Panda showed me how he (Panda) placed a fuck ton of orders, under different usernames, just to check if the addy given was exactly the same as the backend of the website and our crypto gateway gave, every single one of those was correct, i did exactly the same on my side and my IT friend did exactly the same.

totally, I hear what you’re saying, no one that’s going to this much effort is just going to do it for 5k
I don’t know why a hacker would want to stole just 5K when literally he could have left with several hundred thousand dollars, it’s not worth the risk at all.

And why having the extra work of creating an email that literally lacks of an S and even my blind cousin could see it, to just say “order confirmed” with that someone could have noticed it was a scam attempt more quickly and measures could have been taken quicker in the case of having a security breach, why also this guy would have the urge of emailing Melody about how was the order going in less than 3 days after placing the order?

Another option is he does actually have malware... very selective malware. No endpoint scanner is perfect, some better than others, and MBAM is no exception. If something is written and installed selectively enough, it could avoid getting hashed and recognized for a long time... barring heuristics/AI detection. Something rewriting a BTC address should throw up a giant red flag, I would think.
I don’t think the OP has malware for a single reason... no malware could have generated an email from “purplepandalab”.

@OllieJacobs i wanted to believe you are being truthful considering you are a rep and don't have a lot of access to the systems Panda is using, but you seem to be a bit evasive and perhaps lied to Panda owner as well? I want to believe in the truth you aren't helping anyone and Panda has been down this road before in other incidents. I took a look at the picture that @Gdawg posted, closer and don't really see any editing done. Do you have proof there are multiple accounts created from the same IP address and if so have you proven it came from the OP of this thread?

EDIT: I may also add that you are just going by the word of this "IT expert" that Panda has employed. Sounds fishy to me...

So many questions...really NO answers.

I dare Panda's owner come on here and say it up front what happened. Can you ask, @OllieJacobs ? This is a matter that needs to be dealt with as calling a person a scammer without solid incontrovertible proof is going to give Panda a very black eye no matter what even if it is over a damn $900 order.

@OllieJacobs i wanted to believe you are being truthful considering you are a rep and don't have a lot of access to the systems Panda is using, but you seem to be a bit evasive and perhaps lied to Panda owner as well? I want to believe in the truth you aren't helping anyone and Panda has been down this road before in other incidents. I took a look at the picture that @Gdawg posted, closer and don't really see any editing done. Do you have proof there are multiple accounts created from the same IP address and if so have you proven it came from the OP of this thread?

So many questions...really NO answers.
1)Im going to tell Panda to log in to answer this, the answer he can give you is simple: i have literally 0 access to the websites backend, the only thing that i have seen from the backend is what he showed me, Panda also has access to all my info, he knows me personally, im not a rep who could fuck him without getting a revenge, if you can explain to me why you are pointing this at me, i will gladly answer, easiest way to explain that I don’t have access (i just have a normal account as a customer too) is to ask him directly.

2)No, i have not checked the addresses, Melody just gave me the info that every complaint came from new accounts created on the website (we can show pics of this), i can show pics of the emails were literally the way of developing the conversation was the same (also i can show the hours just to show that when i started or ended the conversation with one of his accounts suddenly an old one that have written for days popped out).

3)As i pointed out i have a simple solution, let’s just have a member from Meso (a high rep one) or even Millard to check the backend and the crypto payment gateway, this will end this no sense of scamming attempt.

1)Im going to tell Panda to log in to answer this, the answer he can give you is simple: i have literally 0 access to the websites backend, the only thing that i have seen from the backend is what he showed me, Panda also has access to all my info, he knows me personally, im not a rep who could fuck him without getting a revenge, if you can explain to me why you are pointing this at me, i will gladly answer, easiest way to explain that I don’t have access (i just have a normal account as a customer too) is to ask him directly.

2)No, i have not checked the addresses, Melody just gave me the info that every complaint came from new accounts created on the website (we can show pics of this), i can show pics of the emails were literally the way of developing the conversation was the same (also i can show the hours just to show that when i started or ended the conversation with one of his accounts suddenly an old one that have written for days popped out).

3)As i pointed out i have a simple solution, let’s just have a member from Meso (a high rep one) or even Millard to check the backend and the crypto payment gateway, this will end this no sense of scamming attempt.
So you saying that Panda has NO access to the backend which is on another site that is not controlled by Panda? That site may have been potentially compromised for all we know and Panda needs to deal with the operator of such backend. That is a bad setup IMO.

So you saying that Panda has NO access to the backend which is on another site that is not controlled by Panda? That site may have been potentially compromised for all we know and Panda needs to deal with the operator of such backend. That is a bad setup IMO.
No, i said that im the one that has 0 access to the backend of the website, Panda obviously has the access of the backend.

Also I know this is Meso, members above everyone and guilty until proven innocent, but neither me or this guy has given any single prove of one being totally correct and the other one lying, im the only one offering a way of proving that we are correct, if im offering that is because im sure we are correct, hence if theories are being made of why this could be our mistake I would like to ask too to look at the points i have described above to make theories about why this guy can be a scammer too.

No, i said that im the one that has 0 access to the backend of the website, Panda obviously has the access of the backend.
Okay...so there's the problem. ONE person has access to that backend correct? How do we know whether Panda is being truthful, because one member complained about something?

I understand that reps have no access to the system except for viewing orders right? That's fair enough

Okay...so there's the problem. ONE person has access to that backend correct? How do we know whether Panda is being truthful, because one member complained about something?

I understand that reps have no access to the system except for viewing orders right? That's fair enough
As easy as giving access to the backend of his order to watch from where our generated address came from and why this can’t be faked.

I don’t even have access to view the orders, I always need to go trough Melody as i have pointed our several times on this thread, if someone makes an order trough me i can look at the order faster thanks to Melody, but that’s it.

As easy as giving access to the backend of his order to watch from where our generated address came from and why this can’t be faked.

I don’t even have access to view the orders, I always need to go trough Melody as i have pointed our several times on this thread, if someone makes an order trough me i can look at the order faster thanks to Melody, but that’s it.
Okay...seems something is fishy. The QR code also generate the SAME address as what is displayed on the order page? If they are different then something is wrong.

It’s as simple as this: a ton of people made orders during the sale, only ONE guy posted about this problem and this guy is a fresh new account, if a hacker had access to the website he could have literally made hundreds of thousands in a few days... and yet it was only 5K, that seems super logical.

I hear what you're saying, for sure.

Okay...seems something is fishy. The QR code also generate the SAME address as what is displayed on the order page? If they are different then something is wrong.
I need to check again, but as i have said both things can be edited super easily, prove here:
29814DA5-635E-44F6-B56E-3DD1483342E3.jpeg
I did this in a couple of minutes, i changed the addy to “thisisanattemptoeditthis” and i have changed the QR code to one that will redirect you to a Mickey Mouse pic + it has a dino on the image.

And literally I learned this from computer science when i was a kid.

Tho if I remember correctly there is an easy way to prove this too (someone that know about IT can correct me) if you screenrecord the website while reloading it, any changes made will return back to normal.

I am sure you can change the QR to show whatever you want if you know what you are doing and I am not sure if the OP has that skill to change the QR.

Sponsors

Latest posts