Semaglutid and Methformin

Immergeil91

Hello there :) I am currently on 0.25mg semaglutide EW.
I am thinking of adding 500mg metformin.

Is there anything I should be aware of if I choose to do this? here I am thinking BG, or other things?

It was a bit of an experiment. would try to keep low dose on semaglutide. and try adding metformin to enhance the suppression of hunger :)

So I am interested in hearing if there is anything to be particularly aware of if I choose to do this.

It was a bit of an experiment. would try to keep low dose on semaglutide. and try adding metformin to enhance the suppression of hunger :)

So I am interested in hearing if there is anything to be particularly aware of if I choose to do this.
it would increase the effects of GLP

why not just increase the dose of the semaglutide like the protocol states?

Never heard of Methformin. If it controls blood glucose and gets you lit for 3 days straight I'm all ears though. You snort it?
It has direct effects on cellular metabolism, insulin sensitivity, and lipogenesis, as well as indirect effects on appetite regulation and hormonal balance.
-activates AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK)
-inhibits lipogenesis
-enhances insulin sensitivity
-may exert appetite-suppressing effects
-may indirectly influence fat storage through its effects on various hormones involved in metabolism and appetite regulation

It has direct effects on cellular metabolism, insulin sensitivity, and lipogenesis, as well as indirect effects on appetite regulation and hormonal balance.
-inhibits lipogenesis
-may indirectly influence fat storage through its effects on various hormones involved in metabolism and appetite regulation
They were sarcastic…

-inhibits lipogenesis
No, METH formin. Controls BG and ramps up metabolism. It's why you see so many energized low body fat on psychotic homeless people.

I have a doc that’s pretty liberal with stuff. I was prescribed ozempic and then wegovy. I was also prescribed 1000mg extended release metformin 2x a day. Initially it was 800mg instant release 2x a day but I asked for 1000mg and it was changed.

All of this was for lowering my A1C. I was in the pre-diabetic range but you would look at me and assume I am a healthy individual. I do have diabetes in my family history.

Anyways, I have had no negative interactions with either medication. I stopped taking the semaglutide injections because I could not eat enough. I am just stockpiling these injectors in my fridge for future cuts I guess (I have a lot). I’ve been fortunate to only use pharmaceutical grade semaglutide.

I’ll plan on staying on metformin for life because it has lowered my A1C a lot. Some people report digestive issues from it, but I get zero.

I’ll plan on staying on metformin for life because it has lowered my A1C a lot. Some people report digestive issues from it, but I get zero.

If you get no sides from metformin and are happy with the results (seems so), awesome.

Other options to consider: dihydroberberine (~200 mg/d) and empagliflozin (Jardiance) (12.5-25 mg/d).

If you get no sides from metformin and are happy with the results (seems so), awesome.

Other options to consider: dihydroberberine (~200 mg/d) and empagliflozin (Jardiance) (12.5-25 mg/d).
I have looked into berberine. I will put some research into jardiance.

I am concerned with my blood sugar for a couple reasons. I have diabetes in my family history and none of the people who got it were obese— just crap genes.

I’d also like to give hgh a run for a while to see if it’s worth my time, but I don’t want to my blood sugar to creep up. For someone like me, it may not be worth the risk.

I appreciate the recommendations. I’ll give them a look.