Steroids. My opinion has changed.

A Middle aged man with an attitude problem acting like a tough guy on a steroid forum - how impressive. No doubt you've done time in prison too.
Where exactly did I "acted like a tough guy"? Because I have an opinion? More specifically, because I have an opinion that you disagree?

Negative on the prison time, I resolve my disputes through my legal team, quite successfully I may add.
So was Dorian Yates wrong then when he said 'No one should be running steroids that at least can't Bench 300, Squat 400 and Deadlift 500 naturally first'?

In your opinion, when is a person ready to be running steroids then?
Yes he was wrong if he said such a thing. Lifting numbers are arbitrary when we are talking about bodybuilding. There are top Olympia contenders that are far away from those numbers.

And let's go into the whole Dorian and his steroid usage (1gr of test and 3x Parabolan for Olympia prep, walking at 240lbs of peeled meat)

Artists use various tools to create extraordinary works. From the gist I'm reading here, from my own perspective as well, deep down, isn't that what most of us are... artists of our own body? Sure, some abuse the tools. Others use them methodically. Some create a grotesque work. Others create something Amazing. Either will draw attention. It's up to the artist: what he/she wishes to create... what he or she wishes to be recognized. I'm an artist, and training, diet, supplements, AAS are tools of my art.

So was Dorian Yates wrong then when he said 'No one should be running steroids that at least can't Bench 300, Squat 400 and Deadlift 500 naturally first'?

All olympians and jon jones would be laughing at your face on this assumption though, just saying. Even Lance Armstrong’s balls would be rolling on his surgical bed laughing if you say he didn’t deserve to use peds.

Agree, you gotta have at least solid strength before jumping on. I don't know why some disagree as it's the key element to become strong it shows how well you do. Besides 300lbs bench 17 years old is one in like 100000. People on this forum act like it's nothing and some don't even bench is ridiculous. Gives me bad vibes that many here skipped the natty gains part themselves.

Bottom line is get fucking strong naturally first. Steroids are just a tool not the determining factor.

Agree, you gotta have at least solid strength before jumping on. I don't know why some disagree as it's the key element to become strong it shows how well you do. Besides 300lbs bench 17 years old is one in like 100000. People on this forum act like it's nothing and some don't even bench is ridiculous. Gives me bad vibes that many here skipped the natty gains part themselves.

Bottom line is get fucking strong naturally first. Steroids are just a tool not the determining factor.
Exactly mate, I always thought taking Steroids was about getting Big and strong on top of what you have already spent a few years building in the gym. You can literally tell who could do those numbers or close to by who is disagreeing with me over it. I'm not saying everyone should be continually aiming for big one rep maxes, but being able to do those lifts is a damn good indicator of someone's experience level in the gym. Sure there will always be a few outliers who are extremely heavy and strong at a young age naturally, but I never said anywhere that kids in high school should be doing gear in the first place either.

All olympians and jon jones would be laughing at your face on this assumption though, just saying. Even Lance Armstrong’s balls would be rolling on his surgical bed laughing if you say he didn’t deserve to use peds.
Exactly this. Winny has been a favorite of track and field athletes for decades. How many sprinters need to push a 300lb 1 rep max on the bench…probably very few. That’s not their reason for using PED’s.

We can add in the popularity of Primo for baseball players, EPO for cyclists and MMA athletes, etc. etc. There are many avenues for PED use that can be beneficial/necessary for athletes of all types that don’t necessitate some arbitrary strength numbers on 3 exercises only.

Exactly mate, I always thought taking Steroids was about getting Big and strong on top of what you have already spent a few years building in the gym. You can literally tell who could do those numbers or close to by who is disagreeing with me over it. I'm not saying everyone should be continually aiming for big one rep maxes, but being able to do those lifts is a damn good indicator of someone's experience level in the gym. Sure there will always be a few outliers who are extremely heavy and strong at a young age naturally, but I never said anywhere that kids in high school should be doing gear in the first place either.
Videos or it didn’t happen hahaha, this is coming from a guy who squatted 405 @ 155lbs.

Exactly this. Winny has been a favorite of track and field athletes for decades. How many sprinters need to push a 300lb 1 rep max on the bench…probably very few. That’s not their reason for using PED’s.

We can add in the popularity of Primo for baseball players, EPO for cyclists and MMA athletes, etc. etc. There are many avenues for PED use that can be beneficial/necessary for athletes of all types that don’t necessitate some arbitrary strength numbers on 3 exercises only.
People use peds for different purposes, so to put lifting numbers to justify who is allowed to use it is just plain dumb. People forget that there are people like Paul Dillet who can grow to freak size pushing a lawnmower because of their crazy response to anabolics.

Would you say the college athletes who will reap millions if they use peds at 17 will wait to get on until they can bench 315? Effing dumb premise.

Sure, if you say gymbros shouldn’t jump on peds if they have no clue eating, training and don’t look like they even lift I can understand but to put a number and generalize is plain ignorant.

You can literally tell who could do those numbers or close to by who is disagreeing with me over it. I'm not saying everyone should be continually aiming for big one rep maxes, but being able to do those lifts is a damn good indicator of someone's experience level in the gym.

You did put specific and arbitrary numbers that for a bodybuilder mean zero.
I don't know what kind of training you do but your thinking is misguided.
If taking anabolics depended on these numbers, very few people indeed would be taking them ( and it's likely you wouldn't belong to that limited number of people).
I think nobody is saying that reaching your potential before introducing anabolics is a flawed idea. But arguing about what you attach to it is certainly fair.

One of the age old tools to determine if someone is ready to be using steroids, and to see if they have put in enough time in the gym training naturally is if they can bench 300 for a single rep, or deadlift 440 plus. If they can't then they have no business using steroids yet.

They have everything to do with whether someone has been training for a consistent amount of time in the gym and knows what they are doing. Opinionated Idiot.

As usual, the brilliant Type-IIx summed it up

I still view AAS as great when they’re leveraged to do something that which cannot otherwise be achieved. But when they’re used as a band-aid to counter inadequate nutrition, lack of progressive training, sleep deprivation, alcohol/drug abuse, or to showcase one’s disregard for fundamentals, I think that it reflects a character flaw in that person and everyone who props that person up.

So, as you are here calling others idiots, let’s now see you deadlift 440+ and how those PEDs are helping you in your efforts

Videos or it didn’t happen

I’m not going to gatekeep anyone’s use, but it is true that if one exhausts their natural potential first, they’ll need smaller doses to sustain lean mass, which over a lifetime would yield better outcomes.

I can always quote what those 1 rep maxes equal in 6 rep maxes if you like chump - bet you still can't even lift em.

Bench and Deadlift are easiest to cheat 1 rep maxes on are they? Cool, can you show me how to cheat a 500 Single Bench and a 700 Deadlift please?
I was partially baiting you. I maxed just barely above 310 bench at my peak strength, and never attempted deadlift max. I don’t even consider that that great, but I also couldn’t be assed to get stronger. I ultimately cared about lifting weights mainly to look better and feel better, and I didn’t want to waste time pretending otherwise. Increasing strength absolutely has diminishing returns re aesthetics. In terms of health, I do plenty of cardio sports.

And no, no one can equate one rep maxes with 5-6 rep max. Everyone inherently has or has developed different capabilities of things like balance and leg drive for big lifts that enable some people to lift more

In general I think gatekeeping is good. Fewer men using gear the better, but it’s still ultimately a health risk, is bad for you, can cause mental health issues, and is something you likely have to lie about in some capacity to the general public for fear of shame, so no one really has that much more right to use gear just because they can milk it more than someone else

Truth be told 300 just for 1 rep on the bench isn’t all that unattainable for someone who’s a bigger guy to start with. Ectos and skinny guys will need a lot more time to build up to that though

In general though numbers you see in real life differ quite a bit (smaller) from numbers you see on fitness forums, and this forum is no different